The best high school football game you have been to

Seen several great games, even some of the ones listed above. The most recent that comes to mind, for me, South Pittsburgh vs. Trousdale '08. Both teams were ranked 1 and 2, respectively all year. This quarter final game went down to the last play, with TC pulling it out 13-6.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorites would have to be Macon Co. vs. Smith Co. in 2003 ill leave ot the details as originalsc3 as already covered them. My other one would have to be Trousdale vs. South Pitt It was so cold that night but both teams played great an it came right down to the wire 13-6 in Trousdales favor but it was a great game of 1. vs. 2. i've ever saw

1994 Regular Season Game between Greenbrier and White House.

Greenbrier led 14-0 at the half.

Score tied at 14-14 at the end of regulation.

Greenbrier led 21-14 in the 1st OT

Greenbrier led 28-21 in the 2nd OT

Greenbrier led 35-28 in the 3rd OT

Greenbrier led 42-35 in the 4th OT when WH scored a miracle TD on fourth down.

White House won the game 48-42 in 5 overtimes.

Also, I too was there for the Smith/Macon playoff game in 2003. The fire marshall ordered the gates closed. It was standing room only and loud as anything I've ever heard...simply amazing.

I saw 3 of the games mentioned,and it is difficult to pick just one. My top 5...in no certain order......

03-Smith Co.-Macon Co.

08 Trousdale Co.-So. Pitt.

08 So. Pitt-Boyd Buch.

06 Smith Co-Boyd Buch

08 Smith Co. at Franklin Co.

and there was 1...I'm not sure of the year (mid 90's) Trousdale Co.-Westmoreland. At Westmoreland, back and forth. 18-13??

Huntingdon vs. Milan 2003 semifinals. Hands down the best football game i've ever witnessed. It the night that Chris Donald became a household name in Tn. Rushing for over 200 yds as a freshman. Then the next year same scenario, Huntingdon vs Milan semifinals, Donald again puts a dagger in them on the go ahead td.

2004 Mt Pleasant scored 21 points in the 4th qtr to defeat CPA in the second round of the playoffs.

2005 Mt Pleasant at Jo Byrns third round of playoffs

2006 Jo Byrns at Mt Pleasant third round of playoffs.... Marco bounced off Moody and Tuck to score the go ahead TD.... David Brown sacked Shane Spann three times in a row.... Tim Tebow jump shot from Marco to Preston for the game winning 2pt conversion.... Marco & Morris show, both back stood out...

Best - 2003 1A Blue Cross Bowl - CPA beats Boyd in OT, stopping them 8 plays from the 10YL in OT, after getting called for a phantom pass interference on the first 4th down.

Next Best - 2007 playoff game between CPA and Goodpasture at GP. 2OT's won by GP due to CPA fumbling the snap on 4th and inches in the 2nd OT. Neither team could stop the other's offense.

These are two of my favorites in recent games. But I will add DCA vs Trousdale in 1988 playoffs. Trousdale ahead with less than 1 minute to play around DCA twenty or so and they decide to pitch out which is fumbled and Scooter runs it back for the winning touchdown. :D:thumb:

Best - 2003 1A Blue Cross Bowl - CPA beats Boyd in OT, stopping them 8 plays from the 10YL in OT, after getting called for a phantom pass interference on the first 4th down.

Next Best - 2007 playoff game between CPA and Goodpasture at GP. 2OT's won by GP due to CPA fumbling the snap on 4th and inches in the 2nd OT. Neither team could stop the other's offense.

These are two of my favorites in recent games. But I will add DCA vs Trousdale in 1988 playoffs. Trousdale ahead with less than 1 minute to play around DCA twenty or so and they decide to pitch out which is fumbled and Scooter runs it back for the winning touchdown. :?::ph34r:

I was at that game. Best i remember it was a reverse play, not a pitchout. And Scooter was down before he ever started running. Needless to say, it was the worst play call i ever seen Coach Satterfield make in my 25 yrs of watching TC football. He has more than redeemed himself since then :wub: