The best high school football game you have been to

Huntindon at Bruceton (not sure of year late 80's )

People started arriving at around 5:00 and getting their places.

Huntingdon was ranked a top 5 AA school.

Bruceton was ranked top 5 A school.

Both undefeated. Towns only 13 miles apart in the same county. Need I say more.

Great game, Bruceton won on a last minute drive..

Thing that I remember most about game is the large crowd leaning on the visitors fence until they broke a section of it.

Bruceton at DCA in 1990 was a very good down to the wire game also.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best game i ever was a part of or saw had to be "the miracle in south knoxville" 2007 south doyle vs. clinton, south doyles homecoming, they were up 27-7 at half, came out scored on their first posession to make it 34-7, clinton rallies to win 42-37 in the last few seconds, the best part of all was pulling the hood off of the homecoming car they had there that they had painted orange and black and written smack talk about clinton all over and were hittin with a sledge hammer and takin it to the house as a momento of our greatest comeback ever, amazing night!

I seen film on that OT game with Sequatchie, FG looked good to me. Great win for you guys.
It was good :motorbike: Rumor is that one of the officials was heard to say "Merry Christmas" to the MC coaching staff as they ran by to get off the field.

One of the officials later said it was good but he wasn't under the goal posts and it wasn't his call to make. I don't think a team that hadn't been so successful for the prior 15-20 years would have gotten the no-good call. 1996 would have been the year for Sequatchie to win over Marion but a coach that was there 2 years took the game off the schedule for 95 and 96.

Games I remember include Marion over BW Academy in the state (92) and a Sequatchie 21-20 win over White County after trailing 20-0 entering the 4th quarter (88). Not a great game on the scoreboard but memorable, Sequatchie 34-0 over Marion in 87, Colquette admitted in the paper his team was beaten down so badly they gave up. That game helped build the success that continued from 88-93 even though it was with a new coach the followng year.

Hands down for me was 2007 McMinn Central and Polk Co. Polk led from the start with Central tieing the game on the last play and going for 2. Central won after stopping Polk going for 2 on the 1 foot line. Way too much drama the entire game to put into words here!!

i was wondering if anyone was gonna mention this game.. the drama was what made the game what it was.. and the rivalry/hate between the two schools is almost unmatched in this area.. i played in this game, and from a polk point of view this was a terrible game for us... we blew a big lead and ran out of gas at the end... but in my eyes our very next game was the best ive seen/played in it was against norte dame (2007 season) and we won by one point with no time on the clock and it was a agme for the decade i think.. it was the number three game of the entire season according to the Chattanooga times free press in their sports section.. anyone who seen this game will admit in was an amazing game...

Here are some games that I've seen.

Smith Co and Gordonsville 1995,1997, and 1998.

I believe the scores were 8-6, 20-16, and 34-32, respectively, with Gordonsville winning them, and seven lead changes in 98.

Second round playoffs in 2006, Gville vs. Friendship Christian. FC scored with 19 seconds left to win the game. In 07, Gville won on a late FG to win, and they beat Watertown that year 28-21 in OT after being down 21-7 at half.

In 1998, Gville beat Upperman after being down 21-8 at half. I don't remember the final, but Gville scored to go ahead with about 2 minutes left. Upperman scores on a reverse afterward, then Gville scored again to win.

The 2 best I ever saw were in the state championships and I can't decide which one was best.

One was Marion County ans Brentwood Acadamey (don't remember the year), but BA was up 26 to 7 (I think) at the half and Marion dominated the second half and won 28 to 26. The other was Cleveland and BA this was the first time I had seen a team use a stop watch to try to control the clock, but the Cobb twins couldn't be stopped and Cleveland won.

Best - 2003 1A Blue Cross Bowl - CPA beats Boyd in OT, stopping them 8 plays from the 10YL in OT, after getting called for a phantom pass interference on the first 4th down.

Next Best - 2007 playoff game between CPA and Goodpasture at GP. 2OT's won by GP due to CPA fumbling the snap on 4th and inches in the 2nd OT. Neither team could stop the other's offense.

These are two of my favorites in recent games. But I will add DCA vs Trousdale in 1988 playoffs. Trousdale ahead with less than 1 minute to play around DCA twenty or so and they decide to pitch out which is fumbled and Scooter runs it back for the winning touchdown. :lol::bored:

Yeah, everybody in the stadium could see Scotter had both knees on the ground when he picked the ball up.

1994 Regular Season Game between Greenbrier and White House.

Greenbrier led 14-0 at the half.

Score tied at 14-14 at the end of regulation.

Greenbrier led 21-14 in the 1st OT

Greenbrier led 28-21 in the 2nd OT

Greenbrier led 35-28 in the 3rd OT

Greenbrier led 42-35 in the 4th OT when WH scored a miracle TD on fourth down.

White House won the game 48-42 in 5 overtimes.

Also, I too was there for the Smith/Macon playoff game in 2003. The fire marshall ordered the gates closed. It was standing room only and loud as anything I've ever heard...simply amazing.

THAT WAS MY JUNIOR YEAR,THAT GAME LASTED 4EVER.IM GONNA SAY BEST GAME THAT I EVER WAS A PART OF OR WATCHED WAS "93,W.H VS. SPRINGFIELD

AT HOME IT WAS THE FIRST TIME WE EVER BEAT SPRINGFIELD THE BLEACHERS CLEARED AND EVERYBODY RUSHED THE FIELD.I BELIEVE THAT THAT 1 WIN CATAPULTED THE PROGRAM FOR THE REST OF THAT SEMIFINAL YEAR,LATER THAT SEASON IT CAME DOWN TO W.H VS SPRG. AND WE LOST 12-6 IN A MUD BOWL.IN THE SEMIS,I DONT THINK ANY OF US EVER GOT OVER THAT LOSS,GREAT SEASON FOR W.H FOOTBALL AT THAT TIME.

I remember listening to the Greenbrier-White House game on the radio. I must say these two schools have had some really good games!! My, my, my...how can I forget 1993!!! I remember WH beating SHS 17-14 in OT in the regular season. But the semifinal game, in the pouring rain at White House, is definitely the best game I've been to!! It was packed and no one was leaving. WH had their chances to win but couldn't get it done. Springfield going crazy on the Blue Devils' home turf was priceless!!!! :thumb:

Best Maryville game

Best Non Maryville game

1993 Cleveland vs Brentwood Academy in 1993 4A Title Game.

I was at this game in 1993 and this is a classic indeed!!! Another good one was 1992 Brentwood Academy vs Marion County. MC overcame a big deficit to win the state title, and BA took their runner-up trophy and left it on the sideline.