Mo West, Knox West, Tennessee High Scrimmage.

Great recap big daddy. The 3-way scrimmage was a great success and answered a lot of questions for myself and many other Rebel fans.

I think Knox West is slightly ahead of Mo West though, mainly due to the fact that the Rebs had a depleted secondary tonight. Stephen Gyebison, one of our best corners reaggravated a hammy on the last play of the first offensive series against TN, Dylan Baylosis the best safety on the team hurt his knee against TN high and toughed it out, and the starting SS Thomas Hamilton just broke his jaw Wednesday against Bell County Ky. Also Gyb and Baylosis play receiver and you could tell they were missed in the passing game with younger players dropping balls here and there.

Overall though it was a great scrimmage for all the teams. I was really impressed with Mo West and their ability to pound the ball. Also I was a little disappointed in TN High who I had heard some great things about.

Way to early to be making excuses, especially in a scrimmage. Last year Catholic had so many injuries to key upperclassmen it would take a page and half to list them all. Coach Pemberton plugged in sophomores (Pemberton was not know for playing underclassmen either) and even moved a wide receiver to running back (made all state at RB) and went on to win a state title. Thats why you develop your players, so they can step in. Knowing Coach Cummings, he would never make up or use youth as an excuse.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did #44 do for TN High? He is a BEAST. He reminds me of Jason Witten. I watched TN High play DB last season and they don't use him nearly enough. Give the BEAST the ball and let him rumble over anybody that doesn't get blocked.

He did pretty good other than a fumble he had on what was close to a 3rd down conversion. He got hit by a MoWest LB and then the CB came in and drilled him to knock the ball loose. Other than that, he looked really good. He will be a big time threat in their offense with the play action screens that they use. They must spend a lot of time on play action in practice, because they run it to perfection every time.

I don't know how much truth there is in this but I heard that TN high had 26 guys quit last week. That could explain the numbers.

I was told the same thing later on last night by a few people. That's a shame because they had such a great team last year and could have a really good team again this year too.

I'm not sure how valid that is. They usually only have 55-60 varsity players. They would've had 68 or 69 this year only if they retained all of their freshmen, which never happens. 10 freshmen quit the year before. It looked like the Vikings had slightly smaller numbers than usual at the 7 on 7 two and a half weeks ago but I doubt 26 players quit from that punch. That would've brought the number below 40-45 players. I'll wait till the Unicoi scrimmage or until we hear from Cap. This sounds similar to the Daniel Boone rumor we heard last year, where 16 players supposedly quit.

Great recap big daddy. The 3-way scrimmage was a great success and answered a lot of questions for myself and many other Rebel fans.

I think Knox West is slightly ahead of Mo West though, mainly due to the fact that the Rebs had a depleted secondary tonight. Stephen Gyebison, one of our best corners reaggravated a hammy on the last play of the first offensive series against TN, Dylan Baylosis the best safety on the team hurt his knee against TN high and toughed it out, and the starting SS Thomas Hamilton just broke his jaw Wednesday against Bell County Ky. Also Gyb and Baylosis play receiver and you could tell they were missed in the passing game with younger players dropping balls here and there.

Overall though it was a great scrimmage for all the teams. I was really impressed with Mo West and their ability to pound the ball. Also I was a little disappointed in TN High who I had heard some great things about.

Way to early to be making excuses, especially in a scrimmage. Last year Catholic had so many injuries to key upperclassmen it would take a page and half to list them all. Coach Pemberton plugged in sophomores (Pemberton was not know for playing underclassmen either) and even moved a wide receiver to running back (made all state at RB) and went on to win a state title. Thats why you develop your players, so they can step in. Knowing Coach Cummings, he would never make up or use youth as an excuse.

I wasn't making any excuses. West played well the whole night so I have no reason to make up any excuses. I was simply stating a reason why I think in the long run Knox West is a better team.

I don't know how much truth there is in this but I heard that TN high had 26 guys quit last week. That could explain the numbers.

I was told the same thing later on last night by a few people. That's a shame because they had such a great team last year and could have a really good team again this year too.

I'm not sure how valid that is. They usually only have 55-60 varsity players. They would've had 68 or 69 this year only if they retained all of their freshmen, which never happens. 10 freshmen quit the year before. It looked like the Vikings had slightly smaller numbers than usual at the 7 on 7 two and a half weeks ago but I doubt 26 players quit from that punch. That would've brought the number below 40-45 players. I'll wait till the Unicoi scrimmage or until we hear from Cap. This sounds similar to the Daniel Boone rumor we heard last year, where 16 players supposedly quit.

I would've heard about that way before now..so really don,t think that happend :D . so 50 to 55 should be about right give or take a couple :hungry:

SS Thomas Hamilton just broke his jaw Wednesday against Bell County Ky.

Knox West scrimmaged Bell Co? How was the scrimmage? What was the score?

I wasn't there but from what I heard in talking with some coaches West won 7-0 in apparently a giant mud bowl and were effective in stopping the wing t running game of Bell Co.

i was at all three scrimmages and i saw clearly who the best team there was, hands down that goes to west the dominated Tennessee high, that wasn't even close. West and Mo West was a better game and in all factuality when Mo West scored some players were in that wont even have a chance for JV that was by far there lame squad. In my honest opion West hands down was the best team there.

SS Thomas Hamilton just broke his jaw Wednesday against Bell County Ky.

Knox West scrimmaged Bell Co? How was the scrimmage? What was the score?

I wasn't there but from what I heard in talking with some coaches West won 7-0 in apparently a giant mud bowl and were effective in stopping the wing t running game of Bell Co.

No the score was West 21 Bell Co 0 i was expecting a better game honestly Bell Co's offense looked pitaful and there defense isnt nowhere near up to par either

i was at all three scrimmages and i saw clearly who the best team there was, hands down that goes to west the dominated Tennessee high, that wasn't even close. West and Mo West was a better game and in all factuality when Mo West scored some players were in that wont even have a chance for JV that was by far there lame squad. In my honest opion West hands down was the best team there.

Its only a scrimmage :thumb: ...just coaches searching to fill in some holes with mixed personal(1s,2,s and 3,s) nothing more.

i agree that west was the best team of the 3....not to take anything away from morristown west or tenn high both are great teams......williams from west had a nice 61 yard run in the first scrimage then a 21 yard catch on his next touch then hardly got the ball after that. it would have been nice to see what he can do with the ball alittle more.....and simmons had a great catch and run for west on the other 60 play....again didnt get the ball much.....thats why i dont like scrimages coaches are trying people out in places rather than showcasing their players.

i agree that west was the best team of the 3....not to take anything away from morristown west or tenn high both are great teams......williams from west had a nice 61 yard run in the first scrimage then a 21 yard catch on his next touch then hardly got the ball after that. it would have been nice to see what he can do with the ball alittle more.....and simmons had a great catch and run for west on the other 60 play....again didnt get the ball much.....thats why i dont like scrimages coaches are trying people out in places rather than showcasing their players.

BINGO!! :ph34r: