District 7A

muffin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far alot of talk on here about Clarkrange, Celina and RBS all will be in the thick of things but everybody is leaving out Monterey. The way I look at it they are still king of the mountain until someone knocks them off. And so far none of us have been able to knock them off of the mountain. They have some big shoes to fill but they always seem to have great talent and coaching. They have also added a new assistant.

We return just about all off or pitching with the exception of Peters. You will see alot of names you've never seen.We will also very young with 4 seniors and 3 juniors. Morgan and Sparks will be or main starters early. Zack Maxwell could be our best by the end of the year and Jon Jon Phillips will throw alot. They are both sophmores and pitched about 10 games between them last year.We will not be the same team as last year but we will be competative and have a decent defense. Alot of people are counting us out and thats ok. I can't wait to get going. Good luck we'll see you in March.

That's right. We will have our work cut out for us, but do not by any means count us out. I can't wait to get this season going. I see our young guys giving us a lift at some point in the season. We'll have to have a different player step up for us each game because that is what it's gonna take. Hopefully we'll get us another District Title. Looking forward to working with this group of guys this year.

[Edited by coach21 on 11-3-02 8:40P]

Hey 5 this is michael, so far i have not yet decided to play, i took this semester off, and i have been working, i had one offer after last year and i would still have to pay $12,000 a year and i couldnt handle that, there is a possibility when i go back to school at tech, that i may try to walk on and go from there but as for right now, i havent seen many opportunities, good luck this year,and i will more than likely see you at the games, peace,

• 1 month later...

I dont know much about 7a baseball but i do know Maat heady of RBS is a amazing talent. Matt will be playing as a 15 year old sophomore(should be a freshman), he started as an eighth grader. Matt dominated the fifteen year old summer seen as a fourteen year old. He is the most consistant pitcher I have seen for his age. He is also a great kid and he will find a way to succeed.

Matt is a quality young man that has a bright future ahead of him. Very well mannered and well discplined. Matt came straight out of Little League and earned the starting spot at third base his 8th grade. Also there are other quality kids on RBS Clark, Mason, Hudson, Halliburton, Watson are all working on their third year starting if other that come in can help they should have a good year.

Bulldog23 I totally agree with you on Matt,he is very mature for a young man his age, and well disciplined.The others you talked about have plenty of playing time under their belts, and we have you to thank for that,glad you gave these young boys a chance, maybe they will step up and provide leadership next spring.