District 7A

muffin

It is funny that you guys get on here and argue speed, when in fact speed is only half of pitching, if that much, remember this guys, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Now as for 7a it should be very interesting, Hermitage Springs will be down again, but could suprise some teams, Celina will be a good team that will compete toughly in 7a, Clarkrange will be very tough when Green is on the mound and competitive when he isnt, Pickett will surprise some teams just like they do every year, RBS lost a great coach in Elrod, but will be expected to compete for the district also, but i will have to agree strongly with a statement made by Coach Elrod earlier, Monterey is on top until someone knocks them off!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, i dont know if i would say anything, about ruling anything, until it happens, keep in mind Monterey, is still the defending champions of the district. They have some good young pitching that noone even knows about, Phillips and maxwell, They still have in my opinion, arguably the best middle infield in the district. Plus Morgan is still there and he is stronger, and faster than last year. hancock and sparks can hit the ball when they want to, but that may be their weakness, hitting. I am sure looper will have them fired up, and swingin the sticks though.

best of luck to all teams and sparks and hancock "you cant be a ghost you gotta be a spirit".

Phillips is going to be a great asset to us this year. He can play anywhere on the field. He'll help us out tremendously on the mound. Maxwell is out for the season with a torn acl. He was going to be one of our workhorses on the hill this year. We still have guys that can and will step up and pick up the slack.

[Edited by coach21 on 2-21-03 8:51A]

Coach i hope you are right, maxwell is a big loss, and I really actually dont see monterey's hitting standing in the way, they have the personel at the top of the line up with sparks, hancock, and others to score runs, but the bottom of the order is a concern to me, as far as producing runs, i think they will be alright. defensively i see them being a fairly young team, but strong. and that is how you win games, is not letting the other team score you to death. granite they also have to score, i think they will be able to, because looper is a very good coach and will have his troops fired up and prepared for the season.

We have a few holes in the bottom of the lineup that need to be filled, but I think that we'll be able to do that without much trouble. We have a hard working group of guys. They come to practice ready to go to work. We shouldn't have too much trouble scoring runs, but we will have to execute more this year than last. Last year Peters would bail us out when we needed a hit, this year we have to do the little things better. We know that everyone wants to beat us because we are at the top of the hill in the district, and that just comes with the territory.