Best Punter In the State

private1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

punting average in highschool is very misleading. especially with the lack of emphasis on punt return teams. McAdams from ripley is one of the best in the state. As a kicker he puts them in the endzone about half the time, as a punter, he'll easily punt the ball40-45 yards in the air with a lot of hang time, he is a good quarterback and he is just a sophomore.

Posted by BlueRaider:

These are the top 5 punters in the state according to the Tennessean of this past tuesday.

1. Michael Clarke, brentwood 42.5 avg

2. David Daffata, franklin 41.5 avg

3. Ross Coffee, Davidson Acad 41 avg

4. Chris Wooden, DCA 40 avg

5. Jeremy Leftwich, Beech 38.2 avg

Anyone herd of these kids before and know anything about them. They gotta be good if their leading the state.

sorry, but please look at where those are from....middle tennessee...in case you did not know there is a west and a east tennessee and your middle tennessee newspaper does not cover those sections.....

they MAY be the leaders in middle tennessee, among those schools who have reported that information to the tennessean.....

so please be corrected...they are not the leaders in the state......

[Edited by mg on 9-17-02 11:06A]

I don't think that Kody and I are even comparable. I appreciate what people are saying but I am not even close to being as good as him. Though I dont know him I have a ton of respect for him in the Tennessean I had a 44.25 avg but Kody's avg is probally in the 50's. And he can kick feild goals like nobody else.

Posted by FHSP16:

I don't think that Kody and I are even comparable. I appreciate what people are saying but I am not even close to being as good as him. Though I dont know him I have a ton of respect for him in the Tennessean I had a 44.25 avg but Kody's avg is probally in the 50's. And he can kick feild goals like nobody else.

Humility on this board? You must be in the wrong place. Seriously, FHSP16, whether you punt or not, you will be a success in life. Great attitude, and keep working hard. Good luck the rest of the season to you and your team.

Posted by Usher:

bliss is by far the best in the state. He has 4 scholarship offers already

Kody has a LOT more than 4 scholarships, I guarantee that. He is a preseason all-american. Maybe he has 4 scholarships out of the top 5 teams in the nation.

Posted by private1:

I think you are pretty negative about Colby Smith. He was a great punter and a great kid. David DeFatta is doing a great job, I agree that Kody is better but this kid is just a sophmore and saying that nobody will ever talk to him is a little premature, I think he has a bright future ahead of him as does Kody.

I know Colby is a great punter, but he is not in the same leage as Kody. Kody cannot be beat. Colby is not a great kid. I played soccer with him. He has the worst attitude I have ever seen. The only thing that kept me from lighting him up was that he was on my team. I'm sure that FHS's sophmore kicker will be better than Colby ever was, but it is doutable that he will surpass Kody.

Nobody has said a thing about colby smith, although he too was agreat punter, Defatta is and will be for the next few years one of the best kickers in teh state, not to take anything away from bliss because everyone knows how good he is, he is being challenged by a sophomore for the top spot in the state, if that doesnt say enough then i dont know what will

Who even puts this Defatta kid in the fight for best punter. I'm pretty sure that the preseason all-amreican label that Kody has been given ends this argument. If it doesn't, ask Notre Dame, Auburn, Texas, UT, and many many other top D1 programs who are pursuing Kody. I'm not saying anything bad about Defatta, but you just need to know who is king this year. After Kody has graduated, Defatta will definately be up there.