Best Punter In the State

private1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by private1:

Just wondering doesnt BA keep their punting stats from where he punts the ball??? Thats just what I have heard. FTBALLKICKER do you know if franklin does this

Now that's funny! No, the stats are for real. You obviously haven't seen him kick, but tune in Saturday afternoons next year and you'll get your chance. He's the real deal.

Posted by ftballkicker:
Posted by FBall14:

Cody Bliss is by far the best kicker/punter in the state...but he doesn't count :) he's in a league of his own...Franklin's punter/kicker David Deffata is a young Sophomore who has a great future ahead of him with a nice work ethic and god given talent...

I agree totally. DeFatta has a bright future ahead of him if he can keep up with what he is doing. By the time he is a senior he will have schools looking at him from many of the area schools around tennessee and maybe even schools not around the state.

I have to agree both these guys are good! The Franklin punter is awesome, at least he was against Blackman! If he's just a sophomore he'll be something else by senior year! Good luck young man!

Guest dtblount

BA's Kody Bliss is by far the best kicker in the state, if not in the south or in the nation. He led the NFL and NCAA in yds/punt last year as a junior. He also kicked like a 50+ yd field goal against McCallie last year at BA. Phil Fulmer came to BA to talk to him. I don't think anyone will ever talk to that Franklin kid. Colby Smith was hyped up so much, and he did nothing. Kody will go wherever he wants.

Guest dtblount

OOOHHH, 30 yards a punt. That is pretty cute. Kody Bliss can drop-kick a ball further than that, seriously. He did it in practice all the time last year. Colby Smith was a hyped up joke. Kody Bliss can outpunt anyone.

Guest caligula

This thread is stupid because Kody Bliss is the best hands down and no one should get on here and try to say other wise. My boys at USATODAY and/or Parade will most likely put him on the all-american squad at the end of the year.

I agree, this thread isn't necassary because Kody IS the best punter in the state. Yes, this is coming from a Rebel fan. David is an excellent kicker. However, he's only a sophomore, and isn't quite up to the numbers of Bliss. David does have a promising future though, but I really don't think that you can make a legit case for him being the best in the state.

Posted by dtblount:

BA's Kody Bliss is by far the best kicker in the state, if not in the south or in the nation. He led the NFL and NCAA in yds/punt last year as a junior. He also kicked like a 50+ yd field goal against McCallie last year at BA. Phil Fulmer came to BA to talk to him. I don't think anyone will ever talk to that Franklin kid. Colby Smith was hyped up so much, and he did nothing. Kody will go wherever he wants.

Colby Smith averaged close to 50 yds per punt for two years at Franklin. I saw him stand on his own 15 and make the ball land....land not roll to...the other 15 before rolling into the endzone. (Centennial game 2001) He is the back up at MTSU but after watching their first string shank against Alabama look for him to become MTSU's kicker for the next 4 yrs.

I always wished last year that Colby, Kody and the kid from Brentwood would have had a contest and charged admission. Would have been a great fundraiser!

Posted by dtblount:

OOOHHH, 30 yards a punt. That is pretty cute. Kody Bliss can drop-kick a ball further than that, seriously. He did it in practice all the time last year. Colby Smith was a hyped up joke. Kody Bliss can outpunt anyone.

Nobody has said a thing about colby smith, although he too was agreat punter, Defatta is and will be for the next few years one of the best kickers in teh state, not to take anything away from bliss because everyone knows how good he is, he is being challenged by a sophomore for the top spot in the state, if that doesnt say enough then i dont know what will

These are the top 5 punters in the state according to the Tennessean of this past tuesday.

1. Michael Clarke, brentwood 42.5 avg

2. David Daffata, franklin 41.5 avg

3. Ross Coffee, Davidson Acad 41 avg

4. Chris Wooden, DCA 40 avg

5. Jeremy Leftwich, Beech 38.2 avg

Anyone herd of these kids before and know anything about them. They gotta be good if their leading the state.