Best Punter In the State

private1

Kody has been tearing it up as usual. I'll be at an Academy Singers retreat with him today (that's right, he sings) and I'll ask him his exact stats, but I know that against Harding Academy (1 quarter) he had 2 punts, both of 54 yards. Last night against JPII he only punted once, it went 50 yards. In other games he has punted some good ones...I'd say his best is around 60 yards and his worst around 45. He is a special kicker. Again, I'll have exact numbers tomorrow afternoon when I get back.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best punter/kicker in the southeast corner of the state is Andy Bailey of McMinn County. I don't know his overall stats, but against Ooltewah he had 4 punts for a 44.5 avg, including a coffin corner punt that set up the safety. He put all of his kickoffs through the endzone (3 of them went through the uprights). He worked over the summer with former UT kicker Jeff Hall, which has done wonders with his kicking. He will make someone an outstanding college kicker next year.

Posted by blount:
Posted by private1:

I think you are pretty negative about Colby Smith. He was a great punter and a great kid. David DeFatta is doing a great job, I agree that Kody is better but this kid is just a sophmore and saying that nobody will ever talk to him is a little premature, I think he has a bright future ahead of him as does Kody.

I know Colby is a great punter, but he is not in the same leage as Kody. Kody cannot be beat. Colby is not a great kid. I played soccer with him. He has the worst attitude I have ever seen. The only thing that kept me from lighting him up was that he was on my team. I'm sure that FHS's sophmore kicker will be better than Colby ever was, but it is doutable that he will surpass Kody.

You played for the Attack? Who is this?

Guest blount
Posted by schs3:

mind you this isn't about him punting but kicking field goals. He holds the record for doing so. He kicked 5 fgs in one game which is a TSAAA record. He also avg almost 40 yds. a punt. Ian O'Connor-Halls High School

Article

Here is an article about this.

[Edited by coacht on 9-24-02 6:51P]

All that means is that his offense can't push the ball in the endzone.

Guest blount
Posted by TheWarrior:

punting average in highschool is very misleading. especially with the lack of emphasis on punt return teams. McAdams from ripley is one of the best in the state. As a kicker he puts them in the endzone about half the time, as a punter, he'll easily punt the ball40-45 yards in the air with a lot of hang time, he is a good quarterback and he is just a sophomore.

McAdams???? Ripley???? Who is this and where is Ripley???? Kody Bliss from BA is the undisputed best punter in the state. He has won the Notre Dame punter camp featuring over 1000 of the top punters in the nation. Yes, he won it...first place. The past 2 years his punting average would have led the NFL average by 6 and 8 yards, respectively. Kody is the most sought after punter in the nation this year. Nobody can outpunt him.

Bliss is probably the best in the entire state. However, I would put Chris Binkley from Lipscomb in the hunt behind him. Ask Springfield, Greenbrier, Marshall County, and Goodpasture--he didn't have to punt against Westmoreland. Yes--I may be a little prejudice on him--So noted.

• 11 months later...