District 8AA (Smith,DeKalb,York,Upperman,LA,Cannon)

D1talent

Current Standings in 8AA (Oct. 5)

Team, Overall, District, (Games Left)

1. Smith Co. 6-1, 3-0 (White House, Cannon, York Institute)

2. DeKalb Co. 4-3, 2-1 (Macon Co., Upperman, Livingston Academy)

3. Cannon Co. 4-3, 2-1 (Scott Co., Smith Co., Upperman)

4. York Institute, 5-2, 1-2 (White Co., Livingston Academy, Smith Co.)

5. Livingston Acad., 4-2, 1-2 (Anderson Co., York Institute, Macon Co., DeKalb Co.)

6. Upperman, 1-6, 0-3 (DeKalb Co., Scott Co., Cannon Co.)

Offense

1. DeKalb Co. 206 pts

2. York Institute 180 pts

3. Smith Co. 175 pts

4. Cannon Co. 151 pts

5. Livingston Academy 143 pts

6. Upperman 114 pts

Defense

1. York Institute 71 pts

2. Smith Co. 76 pts

3. Livingston Academy 129 pts

4. Cannon Co. 132 pts

5. DeKalb Co. 182 pts

6. Upperman 237 pts

Margin

1. York Institute +109

2. Smith Co. +99

3. DeKalb Co. +24

4. Cannon Co. +19

5. Livingston Academy +14

6. Upperman -123

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong but the playoff picture looks like this:

1. Cannon Co. is in with a win vs. Upperman or Smith Co.

2. Smith Co. is in with a win vs. York or Cannon Co.

3. Dekalb is in with a win vs. Livingston and Upperman

4. York is in with a win vs. Smith Co. and Livingston with a Cannon Co. win over Smith Co.

5. Livingston is in with a win vs. York and Dekalb Co.

6. Upperman is in with a win over Cannon and Dekalb with a York loss vs. Smith Co. and Livingston

So, Livingston, Dekalb, Cannon and Smith are in control of their own destiny, while York will need help. Upperman is all but eliminated. The Cannon/Smith and Livingston/York games are very big and the Smith/York or Dekalb/Livingston game will be big as well in week 10 if Cannon wins depending on the Livingston/York game.

Smith, Cannon, and Dekalb look in good shape right now, but this could change.

What does everyone else think?

4. York is in with a win vs. Smith Co. and Livingston with a Cannon Co. win over Smith Co.

6. Upperman is in with a win over Cannon and Dekalb with a York loss vs. Smith Co. and Livingston

So, Livingston, Dekalb, Cannon and Smith are in control of their own destiny, while York will need help. Upperman is all but eliminated. The Cannon/Smith and Livingston/York games are very big and the Smith/York or Dekalb/Livingston game will be big as well in week 10 if Cannon wins depending on the Livingston/York game.

i agree im ready to see if cannon is any different this year than the last few years vs.smith.. would love to see a district title come to woodbury

There are two 4A teams in district 8AA (DeKalb and LA). There is only one automatic bid into the playoffs for the 4A schools. If York beats LA, then DeKalb gets the automatic bid with a win over Upperman. If LA wins next week then it all comes down to the final game between DeKalb/LA (10/30) to see who gets the automatic bid in 4A.

Also next week. If Smith Co. wins they are the district champs. If Cannon Co. beats Smith Co., there will be a three way tie for first (Cannon Co., DeKalb Co., Smith Co.) all with one district loss.

Needless to say all of next weeks matchups are huge.

i agree im ready to see if cannon is any different this year than the last few years vs.smith.. would love to see a district title come to woodbury

Just remember a Cannon win doesnt mean they are the champs. There will be a 3 way tie for first. DeKalb will only have 1 loss also.

Somebody had better go check on D1. He was posting dailey. After 2 straight losses, he may have jumped off the Hurrican bridge.

Tough, tough, very tough loss last week. Was up 21-6 with 6 minutes left in the game. Hixson took 22-21 lead with 2 minutes left in game. DeKalb drove the ball down to the 5 yard line, next play qb runs the ball and dives for the goal line but fumbles. It would have been a touchdown. Local newspaper had photograph of him airborne with his arms across the goal line but the ball came lose and was laying on the ground beneath him on the two yard line. Hixson recovered the fumble and ran the clock out.

Got to put that loss behind us and win tonight. Termite, with the water levels so high jumping off Hurricane bridge wouldnt do much damage. Got to win tonight :roflol:

Termite he DID jump but he put a net under the rail to catch him :popcorneater:

Just remember a Cannon win doesnt mean they are the champs. There will be a 3 way tie for first. DeKalb will only have 1 loss also.

So if Cannon beats Smith, there's a 3 way tie? in this event, since dekalb is 4a is cannon district champs or is smith?

I know I will rankle some feathers with this post. That is not the intent. I am just talking football and looking at the Districts realistically. With that being said, can there be a weaker District in AA than District 8AA?

For example, SC is emerging as the best team. They lost to Westmoreland 14-0, who lost to Goodpasture 41-0. CPA, who will probably finish in last place in 10AA beat Goodpasture.

SC is a fair 3A team and will probably win 8AA, but they (or any team in 8AA) would probably not win a game in 9AA or 10AA.

I am not putting down SC, but the weakness of 8AA is apparent.

CPA4Ever, do a little research before you go posting comments like these. DeKalb Co. alone beat 4 teams in 9AA or 10AA just last year, and their smallest margin of victory against those teams was 2 touchdowns. Also put 35 on a very talented White House team and played them toe to toe before they pulled away toward the end. Then faced them again in the playoffs. You can say that was last year, and that you are talking about this year. DeKalb has taken a step back on the defensive side due to all they lost to graduation but they are every bit as effective this year on offense, and have a good team.

DeKalb 2008 Results against current 9AA or 10AA teams

DeKalb 46 - Greenbrier 27

DeKalb 20 - Sycamore 6

DeKalb 35 - Macon Co. 7

DeKalb 28 - Pearl Cohn 6

District 9

Hume-Fogg

Goodpasture

Westmoreland

Greenbrier

Sycamore

White House

Macon County

District 10

MLK

East Literature

Pearl Cohn

CPA

Stratford

David Lipscomb

Maplewood

Whites Creek

CPA4Ever, I just wanted to make sure we cleared all this up.

DeKalb Co. 45 - Macon Co. 20.

Smith Co. 21 - White House 14.

And its not even Friday yet. :roll:

I know I will rankle some feathers with this post. That is not the intent. I am just talking football and looking at the Districts realistically. With that being said, can there be a weaker District in AA than District 8AA?

For example, SC is emerging as the best team. They lost to Westmoreland 14-0, who lost to Goodpasture 41-0. CPA, who will probably finish in last place in 10AA beat Goodpasture.

SC is a fair 3A team and will probably win 8AA, but they (or any team in 8AA) would probably not win a game in 9AA or 10AA.

I am not putting down SC, but the weakness of 8AA is apparent.

CPA4Ever, do a little research before you go posting comments like these. DeKalb Co. alone beat 4 teams in 9AA or 10AA just last year, and their smallest margin of victory against those teams was 2 touchdowns. Also put 35 on a very talented White House team and played them toe to toe before they pulled away toward the end. Then faced them again in the playoffs. You can say that was last year, and that you are talking about this year. DeKalb has taken a step back on the defensive side due to all they lost to graduation but they are every bit as effective this year on offense, and have a good team.

DeKalb 2008 Results against current 9AA or 10AA teams

DeKalb 46 - Greenbrier 27

DeKalb 20 - Sycamore 6

DeKalb 35 - Macon Co. 7

DeKalb 28 - Pearl Cohn 6

District 9

Hume-Fogg

Goodpasture

Westmoreland

Greenbrier

Sycamore

White House

Macon County

District 10

MLK

East Literature

Pearl Cohn

CPA

Stratford

David Lipscomb

Maplewood

Whites Creek

CPA4Ever, I just wanted to make sure we cleared all this up.

DeKalb Co. 45 - Macon Co. 20.

Smith Co. 21 - White House 14.

And its not even Friday yet. :popcorneater:

lets hear from cpa now. Bring it on!