District 8AA (Smith,DeKalb,York,Upperman,LA,Cannon)

D1talent

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would like to commend the tigers on a nice 5-3 start. Coach Trapp is an offensive guru, but who is this defensive coordinator i have been hearing so much about lately, he sure did a great job at the first of the year....Are there other coaches on staff that help? Also, AP(after poteete) will be a lot of fun for coach trapp and gang. 5-3 that against a weak schedule including losses to hixon, smith, warren who turned out to be a big dud. are really solid losses....not. Easily could have been losses to a surprising cannon team, and against york, that could have this tiger team at a nice 3-5 record probably not making the playoffs. But that is ok 20 points to macon co. isnt too bad. :roflol: Coach Trapp put up a lot of points on york and smith right 39 combined great job offensive genius. I love the adjustments yall make at half-time..wait i have never seen one at a game i have been too. Rumors are some discipline issues on the team, a couple starters miss practice, and still get to start way to set a good example for the freshman.What happened to this is the year we run deep. the tiger team of last year would have ran the table on a weak schedule like this. Trapp misses the boys of last year much more than he thought. First round play off loss this year? In all seriousness congrats to poteete and edwards and being fine players. I hear alot of this stuff i had a son play for smith co i the past and i know what good coaching is all about and have a lot of friends in alexandria in smithville that tell me all about this. great in the paper that all the tigers worry about is total yards and points after a win against an 0-7 team. my grandmother could put up that much. and i always thought d1 talent thought was trapp, but after seeing the posting of stats and articles from wjle, i believe it is john pryor voice of the tigers..

Ok Mr. Bubbles you have my attention. It appears given your previous post you are a Cannon supporter since you stated you hope Cannon ends up being the district champ. It seems you have sat down and reflected on the season thus far, and saw that the DeKalb game is what is standing in your teams way of being district champs. Then you proceeded to type this mess.

You were correct on a couple of statements though. The Tigers do miss those young men that graduated off last years team. They were a very talented group of seniors. You are also correct in saying Poteete and Edwards are fine players.

I dont know what has ruffled your feathers Mr. Bubbles but I am sure it is not the DC posters on here. The DC posters talk less trash than anyone, except Upperman who dont talk at all.

Lastly I am neither one of the men mentioned above. I do post stats and links to wjle radio website because they do a good job covering DCHS Football. I also post articles from Tennessean and Smithville Review. Just so you know I dont work for those two businesses either.

What is the tie breaker

Head to head...then number of games won.

In the event that there is a tie in district standings, the following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all

regular season games, both district and non-district, shall count. If at any point when the following tie-breaking

procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team

shall be rated above the others. After any position in the district standings has been determined, the tie-breaker

procedure shall begin all over again to determine the next position. This procedure shall be repeated to

determine all places in the district.

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Ten yard-line overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

Antwan I didn't really understand the new playoff mess from the start! Does this mean LA gets in with the number 4 spot already locked or are only 3 teams guaranteed to go? :roflol::D

What is the tie breaker

Head to head...then number of games won.

In the event that there is a tie in district standings, the following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all

regular season games, both district and non-district, shall count. If at any point when the following tie-breaking

procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team

shall be rated above the others. After any position in the district standings has been determined, the tie-breaker

procedure shall begin all over again to determine the next position. This procedure shall be repeated to

determine all places in the district.

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Ten yard-line overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

Antwan I didn't really understand the new playoff mess from the start! Does this mean LA gets in with the number 4 spot already locked or are only 3 teams guaranteed to go? :roflol::D

DeKalb and Livingston are the two 4A schools in district 8AA. There is only one automatic birth into the 4A playoffs from our district. The other team would have to hope for an at-large bid.

It comes down to who wins the DC/LA game in two weeks to see who gets the automatic bid. DC only has one district loss, LA has two district loses. But if LA beats DC then that would put both teams having two district loses and LA would get the bid since they won the head to head matchup. Hope that clears it up.

I understand that part...thanks. Now what are the wildcard chance for the loser of the LA/DC game?

The Tennessean newspaper came out with an article earlier in the week that was titled "if the playoffs started today". They had Livingston as being the last team into the playoffs. They had White House, Chester Co., and Ripley as the first 3 teams that would be left out if it started today. So the chances of the loser getting in is a decent possibility. Just have to watch how the other schools in the same situation performed tonight and the next two weeks.

Click on link to see article

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091 ... rted+today

I understand that part...thanks. Now what are the wildcard chance for the loser of the LA/DC game?

The Tennessean newspaper came out with an article earlier in the week that was titled "if the playoffs started today". They had Livingston as being the last team into the playoffs. They had White House, Chester Co., and Ripley as the first 3 teams that would be left out if it started today. So the chances of the loser getting in is a decent possibility. Just have to watch how the other schools in the same situation performed tonight and the last two weeks.

Click on link to see article

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091 ... rted+today

Thanks D1...that helps! :roflol:

I would say the Tennessean's predicted order of finish is pretty close. The Upperman-Livingston winner will probly finish 4th. Cannon is about a lock for last. I would have thought the paper would have thought more of Livingston because most of there starters returned. No more tough schedule to lean on now.

The Tennessean goes about as far as Smith Co. and then gets on the phone from there further east to find opinions. LA will be 3rd or better..watch and see. I think we will beat York and Upperman..The schedule will make a big difference in this team. This team will only get better this season.

GO BIG BLUE!! :thumb:

Going way back to the pre season who would have ever thought that this is the way that the season would turn out? Cannon was susposed to be dead last and upperman was higly ranked in that poll and i dont think they have won a district match yet. Now Cannon could very easly win the district/region what ever its called now after really putting a beating on Smith last night. Btw Bigdaddy I like your thinking and you were correct LA wins (12-6 ot)over York the rain must have took the fire right out of them at the end . :wacko: Things are going to get interesting in the next two weeks! Good luck to who ever makes the play offs i hope LA is one of them I guess we will soon know. :roflol:

• 3 weeks later...
I know I will rankle some feathers with this post. That is not the intent. I am just talking football and looking at the Districts realistically. With that being said, can there be a weaker District in AA than District 8AA?

For example, SC is emerging as the best team. They lost to Westmoreland 14-0, who lost to Goodpasture 41-0. CPA, who will probably finish in last place in 10AA beat Goodpasture.

SC is a fair 3A team and will probably win 8AA, but they (or any team in 8AA) would probably not win a game in 9AA or 10AA.

I am not putting down SC, but the weakness of 8AA is apparent.

CPA4Ever, do a little research before you go posting comments like these. DeKalb Co. alone beat 4 teams in 9AA or 10AA just last year, and their smallest margin of victory against those teams was 2 touchdowns. Also put 35 on a very talented White House team and played them toe to toe before they pulled away toward the end. Then faced them again in the playoffs. You can say that was last year, and that you are talking about this year. DeKalb has taken a step back on the defensive side due to all they lost to graduation but they are every bit as effective this year on offense, and have a good team.

DeKalb 2008 Results against current 9AA or 10AA teams

DeKalb 46 - Greenbrier 27

DeKalb 20 - Sycamore 6

DeKalb 35 - Macon Co. 7

DeKalb 28 - Pearl Cohn 6

District 9

Hume-Fogg

Goodpasture

Westmoreland

Greenbrier

Sycamore

White House

Macon County

District 10

MLK

East Literature

Pearl Cohn

CPA

Stratford

David Lipscomb

Maplewood

Whites Creek

Lets not forget this statement earlier in the season.

Go ahead and add two more wins to that list for 8AA, CPA4Ever. DeKalb Co. over Greenbrier, Smith Co. over Pearl Cohn in 1st round of playoffs. :roflol::thumb: