District 8AA (Smith,DeKalb,York,Upperman,LA,Cannon)

D1talent

District 8AA Week 3 Results (Sept. 11)

Livingston Academy 35 - Cumberland Co. 26

DeKalb Co. 34 - White Co. 14

York Institute 28 - Meigs Co. 0

Upperman 21 - Stone Memorial 48

Cannon Co. 6 - DCA 21

Smith Co. 0 - Westmoreland 14

District 8AA Week 4 Results (Sept. 18)

Smith Co. 28 - DeKalb Co. 21

Cannon Co. 20 - York 14

Livingston Acad. 28 - Upperman 6

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York beat a very good Scott Co. team and shut out a 2-1 Meigs team once Brian Reynolds got to play.

End of season...#1 York, #2 Dekalb Co. #3 Smith Co. #4 Cannon Co. #5 LA #6 Upperman

It's not the end of the season yet, but Cannon just dropped one in Yorks punch bowl. With the win tonight, SC is in the drivers seat. It's a long way from being over and unexpected things do happen.

#1 SC #2 DC #3 LA #4 and #5 York/Cannon #6 Uppeman. I believe DC beats LA...but LA will only get better as the season goes and pose problems for others.

York beat a very good Scott Co. team and shut out a 2-1 Meigs team once Brian Reynolds got to play.

End of season...#1 York, #2 Dekalb Co. #3 Smith Co. #4 Cannon Co. #5 LA #6 Upperman

It's not the end of the season yet, but Cannon just dropped one in Yorks punch bowl. With the win tonight, SC is in the drivers seat. It's a long way from being over and unexpected things do happen.

#1 SC #2 DC #3 LA #4 and #5 York/Cannon #6 Uppeman. I believe DC beats LA...but LA will only get better as the season goes and pose problems for others.

One loss by York doesn't put Smith in the driver's seat...they have to play at York. LA #3??? Look at the scores...they barely beat Stone and York blew them away. York beat Upperman 42-0...look at what LA scored against them. With the bad coaching at Cannon Co. by York's coach, and with the York loss, now I'd say it is anyone's chance for 1st... York, Smith Co., DeKalb or Cannon. I don't see LA in the picture.

I know I will rankle some feathers with this post. That is not the intent. I am just talking football and looking at the Districts realistically. With that being said, can there be a weaker District in AA than District 8AA?

For example, SC is emerging as the best team. They lost to Westmoreland 14-0, who lost to Goodpasture 41-0. CPA, who will probably finish in last place in 10AA beat Goodpasture.

SC is a fair 3A team and will probably win 8AA, but they (or any team in 8AA) would probably not win a game in 9AA or 10AA.

I am not putting down SC, but the weakness of 8AA is apparent.

I know I will rankle some feathers with this post. That is not the intent. I am just talking football and looking at the Districts realistically. With that being said, can there be a weaker District in AA than District 8AA?

For example, SC is emerging as the best team. They lost to Westmoreland 14-0, who lost to Goodpasture 41-0. CPA, who will probably finish in last place in 10AA beat Goodpasture.

SC is a fair 3A team and will probably win 8AA, but they (or any team in 8AA) would probably not win a game in 9AA or 10AA.

How is SC emerging as the best team? They lost to Westmoreland and have barely beaten everyone else they have played?

How is SC emerging as the best team? They lost to Westmoreland and have barely beaten everyone else they have played?

York lost to Cannon and won big over....WHO?? I didn't know there was a catagory for B (barely won). I thought it was only W and L. Your going to get your chance to play DC-LA-SC. They ain't Stone, Meigs and Upperman. If you want to start comparing....look at Stone v York-Stone v LA- LA v SC- CC v DC-DC v SC. LA scored a whopping 3 point on SC. DC beat CC that beat York. SC beat DC. Now do the math. But on paper, it means nothing. Like I said...you'll get your chance.

Talk to the TSSAA. You play what's on the schedule as far as district play. Saying SC is a fair team that lost to so and so, that so and so beat, that CPA beat. It kind of sounds like you are trying to make CPA look better than their record shows. A lot of us do the same thing. Comparing is hard to do. Too may different ways to spin it. But we'll know for sure come playoff time.

One loss by York doesn't put Smith in the driver's seat...they have to play at York. LA #3??? Look at the scores...they barely beat Stone and York blew them away. York beat Upperman 42-0...look at what LA scored against them. With the bad coaching at Cannon Co. by York's coach, and with the York loss, now I'd say it is anyone's chance for 1st... York, Smith Co., DeKalb or Cannon. I don't see LA in the picture.

Yes SC is in the driver's seat! How can you compare scores bobcat and what does that mean anyhow??? Your team lost and now you are trying to justify that loss by comparing scores. You better worry about next and not everyone else...York will get to play LA and DC soon enough! :oops:

You are at the bottom and putting down 8-AA?? And score comparisons mean nothing and you know that...C'mon!

CPA4Ever, do a little research before you go posting comments like these. DeKalb Co. alone beat 4 teams in 9AA or 10AA just last year, and their smallest margin of victory against those teams was 2 touchdowns. Also put 35 on a very talented White House team and played them toe to toe before they pulled away toward the end. Then faced them again in the playoffs. You can say that was last year, and that you are talking about this year. DeKalb has taken a step back on the defensive side due to all they lost to graduation but they are every bit as effective this year on offense, and have a good team.

DeKalb 2008 Results against current 9AA or 10AA teams

DeKalb 46 - Greenbrier 27

DeKalb 20 - Sycamore 6

DeKalb 35 - Macon Co. 7

DeKalb 28 - Pearl Cohn 6

District 9

Hume-Fogg

Goodpasture

Westmoreland

Greenbrier

Sycamore

White House

Macon County

District 10

MLK

East Literature

Pearl Cohn

CPA

Stratford

David Lipscomb

Maplewood

Whites Creek

You 8AA fans can get all riled up all you want, and tell me I don't know what I am talking about, but comparable scores do mean something, but only for the year in question. How do you measure the strength of one team over another if they play? Points scored.

If they don't play head up, the next best way to measure the strength of one team over another is points results (points) with common opponents.

If you had to bet on a game, wouldn't you look at common opponent results? If not, you should never bet. It's not a foolproof analysis , but it is better than just thinking your team is better than another with no reason other than your team pride.

Here's why I say 8AA is weak this year, and SC is the class of the district.

SC loses (and doesn't score) to Westmoreland 14-0. That was Westmoreland's only win.

East Lit. (who you claim is weak) shut West. out 18-0.

Goodpasture beat West. 41-0.

SC beats Liv.Acad., who has a 3-1 record, but the three wins were to teams with a combined record of 3-11.

SC beats Dekalb, who has a 3-2 record, but their three wins were to teams with a combined record of 4-9.

York is 4-1, but their three wins were to teams with a combined record of 5-14.

SC (right now) has had the best season. They beat Dekalb, who beat Cannon Co., who beat York. So York's 4-1 record is deceiving.

Forget CPA's year and record. They are 1-4, but have lost to 4 great or good teams and their only win was over a team that would go undefeated in 8AA (IMO). I am posting in this thread because I have a special interest in 8AA and SC. Not because of CPA.

I like SC and pull for them, but don't dislike any team in 8AA. I just feel that unless someone really improves, the postseason will be very short for 8AA this year. Get mad all you want, but check with me a the end of the year and tell me I was wrong.