District 8AA (Smith,DeKalb,York,Upperman,LA,Cannon)

D1talent

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA4Ever, looks like you took my advice and did your research before you posted this time. You knew several past scores along with every teams record, and who the teams had beaten. I am proud of the improvements you have made, keep up the good work and you might actually find one person out there that agrees with you. :roflol::thumb:

But you missed one key fact. DeKalb, Livingston Academy, and Smith all play Macon Co. this year who is in 9AA. So I guess we will see if you statement "but they (or any team in 8AA) would probably not win a game in 9AA or 10AA", holds true. :x

CPA4Ever, you should know that your posts are going to be taken badly in a thread about District 8AA. You should also know though, that your claims are bordering on ridiculous. You are right in that comparative scores are the next best indicator to head-to-head, but you are taking it a bit too far.

You are assuming:

The best team always won

Every team had the same level of play every game

All teams match up evenly

When you ignore things like injuries, weather effects, week to week improvement, strategic changes, and match ups you are almost always going to end up with misleading results. This is what happens with comparative scores. Remember when AP#1 Dyersburg lost to 2-8 Sheffield in the first round of the playoffs a few years ago? People making assumptions like you have here are why games like that seem so unbelievable.

All that being said, I agree that 8AA is overall weaker than 9AA and especially 10AA. Though I believe the top teams from 8AA would win games in either district. We'll have a much better idea later in the season after we have all played Macon, and Smith co. has played White house. Until then, you saying our best would lose to your worst is a bit of a stretch, especially when your entire argument is based on the result of a mud bowl game.

Players of Week 4 in 8AA (Sept. 18)

Results

Smith Co. 28 - DeKalb Co. 21

Cannon Co. 20 - York Institute 14

Livingston Academy 28 - Upperman 6

Passing

Hunter Poteete, DeKalb County, 17 - 33, 325 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 52% Accuracy, 19.1 yard avg.

Lee Cooper, Cannon County, 11 - 31, 208 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 35% Accuracy, 18.9 yard avg.

Tyler Walker, Upperman, 19 - 38, 163 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 50% Accuracy, 8.6 yard avg.

Brandon Johnston, Smith County, 11 - 17, 132 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 65% Accuracy, 12 yard avg.

Brannon McCoin, Livingston Acad., 6 - 10, 101 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 60 % Accuracy, 16.8 yard avg.

Brian Reynolds, York Institute, 5 - 9, 94 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 56% Accuracy, 18.8 yard avg.

Rushing

Jose Silva, Smith County, 34 - 228 yards, 3 TD, 6.7 yards per rush

Paul Daniels, Livingston Academy, 18 - 92 yards, 1 TD, 5.1 yards per rush

Matt Brown, York Institute, 20 - 90 yards, 1 TD, 4.5 yards per rush

Brannon McCoin, Livinston Academy, 10 - 81 yards, 2 TD, 8.1 yards per rush

Denver Hall, York Institute, 14 - 62 yards, 4.4 yards per rush

Hunter Poteete, DeKalb County, 10 - 46 yards, 4.6 yards per rush

Brandon Johnston, Smith County, 10 - 35 yards, 3.5 yards per rush

Creed Hayes, Livingston Academy, 6 yard TD run

Brian Reynolds, York Institute, 9 - (-14) yards, 1 TD

Receiving

Thomas Agee, Cannon County, 6 - 107 yards, 2 TD, 17.8 yards per reception

Heath Simons, Cannon County, 3 - 96 yards, 1 TD, 32 yards per reception

Anthony Williams, York Institute, 4 - 79 yards, 0 TD, 19.8 yards per reception

Mason Young, Upperman, 6 - 73 yards, 1 TD, 12.1 yards per reception

Sonni Young, DeKalb County, 3 - 69 yards, 1 TD, 23 yards per reception

Matthew Giles, DeKalb County, 4 - 64 yards, 16 yards per reception

Derick Ward, DeKalb County, 1 - 59 yards, 1 TD, 59 yards per reception

Kevin Kijanski, DeKalb County, 2 - 57 yards, 28.5 yards per reception

Shawn Pinson, Smith County, 1 - 49 yards, 1 TD, 49 yards per reception

Joshua Johnston, Smith County, 6 - 46 yards, 7.7 yards per reception

Travon Johnson, DeKalb County, 2 - 33 yards, 16.5 yards per reception

Frank Morris, DeKalb County, 3 - 31 yards, 10.3 yards per reception

Caleb Smith, Smith County, 3 - 25 yards, 8.3 yards per reception

Tyler Weatherby , DeKalb County 2 - 12 yards, 1 TD, 6 yards per reception

Biggest Performances

Hunter Poteete, DeKalb County, 371 yards, 3 TD (325 passing, 46 rushing)

Jose Silva, Smith County, 228 yards rushing, 3 TD

Lee Cooper, Cannon County, 223 yards, 3 TD (208 passing, 15 rushing)

I agree, jangel. Many factors for comparison could be more important in breaking down potential match-ups than previous games scoring.

Like what factors? Unrealistic fuzzy fan expectations based on nothing? So, a team's performance and results against other teams means nothing when analyzing their strength? Give me a break!

I repeat, I have nothing personal against 8AA or SC, or any 8AA team.

The last I will say except check with me after the playoffs:

1. 8AA this year is weak

2. SC will win the district.

3. No 8AA team will win 2 playoff games.

You check with me after playoffs little man, Alcoa wins the whole thing. Who cares about who is better if neither one can win GOLD. Put up or shut up.

Pretty smart post - congratulations. You can't make a good point so you start name calling, say that nothing really matters anyway if a team doesn't win the state championship, and then close by asking me to "put up", whatever that means.

Go tell your team that their season doesn't matter. I'm sure they will appreciate your support.

I agree, jangel. Many factors for comparison could be more important in breaking down potential match-ups than previous games scoring.

Like what factors? Unrealistic fuzzy fan expectations based on nothing? So, a team's performance and results against other teams means nothing when analyzing their strength? Give me a break!

I repeat, I have nothing personal against 8AA or SC, or any 8AA team.

The last I will say except check with me after the playoffs:

1. 8AA this year is weak

2. SC will win the district.

3. No 8AA team will win 2 playoff games.

Have you actually watched any of our teams play? If not then you are still basing everything on comparative scores and assumptions. Scores never tell the whole story of a game. They only give us an idea of what actually happened. I'm glad you at least backed off of your claim that none of us could win a game in your district.

The factors imallin is talking about here are things like playstyle, injuries, home field advantage, rivalries, discipline, and even the number of seniors on a team. The regular season is long and hard for many teams. Lots of things can happen from game to game.

I guess we'll see in the playoffs how right you are, at least about your three points given here. I'm hoping you're wrong on number 3 at least. :wacko:

I don't really understand why you are making these posts, because you sound very bitter. I don't think any of our teams have been trash talking anyone from your area, though I could be wrong. Good luck on the rest of the season and maybe we can settle this on the field. :roflol:

CPA,

I don't know if SC is down or not. They kind of seem DR.Jekly/MR. Hyde. They can be very explosive, and they can look really bad. I think that they are lacking the homerun hitter. The player that can change the game on any play. They have good players, but I don't see any great ones. They work and play hard. It remains to be seen how good they will do in the playoffs. Each week will be a challenge. They will not ever walk on the field and the other team look at them and say well lets go home. It will be interesting. If the Westmoreland game mattered then I would say you are right. It was 9/11 and everthing that could go wrong did. However, I think it may have helped our bunch. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season unfolds. It will be fun to watch and cheer them on!

Are you coming to homecoming this week??????