District 8AA (Smith,DeKalb,York,Upperman,LA,Cannon)

D1talent

CPA,

I don't know if SC is down or not. They kind of seem DR.Jekly/MR. Hyde. They can be very explosive, and they can look really bad. I think that they are lacking the homerun hitter. The player that can change the game on any play. They have good players, but I don't see any great ones. They work and play hard. It remains to be seen how good they will do in the playoffs. Each week will be a challenge. They will not ever walk on the field and the other team look at them and say well lets go home. It will be interesting. If the Westmoreland game mattered then I would say you are right. It was 9/11 and everthing that could go wrong did. However, I think it may have helped our bunch. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season unfolds. It will be fun to watch and cheer them on!

Are you coming to homecoming this week??????

Very good post.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you actually watched any of our teams play? If not then you are still basing everything on comparative scores and assumptions. Scores never tell the whole story of a game. They only give us an idea of what actually happened. I'm glad you at least backed off of your claim that none of us could win a game in your district.

The factors imallin is talking about here are things like playstyle, injuries, home field advantage, rivalries, discipline, and even the number of seniors on a team. The regular season is long and hard for many teams. Lots of things can happen from game to game.

I guess we'll see in the playoffs how right you are, at least about your three points given here. I'm hoping you're wrong on number 3 at least. :thumb:

I don't really understand why you are making these posts, because you sound very bitter. I don't think any of our teams have been trash talking anyone from your area, though I could be wrong. Good luck on the rest of the season and maybe we can settle this on the field. :thumb:

I am not bitter. Read my original post of Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:03 pm, not the responses to people who get all bent out of shape and start spewing venom because I suggested their team and district may not be very strong this year.

I have seen SC play (scrimmage and 2 games) this year. I love their program, fans, and atmosphere at the games. I have not seen any other 8AA team this year and would have no reason to. I have seen 2 10AA teams and 1 9AA team play. I have followed high school football in Middle Tn. for almost 30 years. I follow CPA and SC most closely and read all of the posts on them.

There are 2 ways to enjoy posting on CoachT:

1. analyze the teams, games, and results and make predictions based on that.

2. brag on your team regardless of how good or bad they are,and trash talk anyone who disagrees.

There is nothing wrong with either way. i just prefer #1.

CPA,

I don't know if SC is down or not. They kind of seem DR.Jekly/MR. Hyde. They can be very explosive, and they can look really bad. I think that they are lacking the homerun hitter. The player that can change the game on any play. They have good players, but I don't see any great ones. They work and play hard. It remains to be seen how good they will do in the playoffs. Each week will be a challenge. They will not ever walk on the field and the other team look at them and say well lets go home. It will be interesting. If the Westmoreland game mattered then I would say you are right. It was 9/11 and everthing that could go wrong did. However, I think it may have helped our bunch. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season unfolds. It will be fun to watch and cheer them on!

Are you coming to homecoming this week??????

Great post. I agree with all you say. I'll be there. Do I need to wear a flak jacket? :thumb:

Who is trash talking, CPA? Just because some do not agree with your opinion, we are trash talking? You say 8AA is weak? I say, who isn't when compared to a few teams up in East TN? SC couldn't win games in your "vaunted" district? Could CPA win games up there?

Judge SC on the Westmoreland result if you must. I'm sure I won't judge CPA on their one win.

I am not bitter. Read my original post of Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:03 pm, not the responses to people who get all bent out of shape and start spewing venom because I suggested their team and district may not be very strong this year.

I have seen SC play (scrimmage and 2 games) this year. I love their program, fans, and atmosphere at the games. I have not seen any other 8AA team this year and would have no reason to. I have seen 2 10AA teams and 1 9AA team play. I have followed high school football in Middle Tn. for almost 30 years. I follow CPA and SC most closely and read all of the posts on them.

There are 2 ways to enjoy posting on CoachT:

1. analyze the teams, games, and results and make predictions based on that.

2. brag on your team regardless of how good or bad they are,and trash talk anyone who disagrees.

There is nothing wrong with either way. i just prefer #1.

I'm glad you've actually been to some games, glad to have you! Sorry for doubting you. :blink: I did read all of your posts. I know very well how easily things can blow up on here, I was just making honest comments on your posts.

The only thing you ever said that I really totally disagree with was that no 8AA teams could win a game in 9AA or 10AA. Otherwise, I'm sure you have a pretty good idea of the teams' strengths since you've seen so many games. I'm not old enough to have followed football for 30 years, so I just go on what I've learned from the past few seasons. I prefer #1 as well. :D

I'm glad you've actually been to some games, glad to have you! Sorry for doubting you. :flower: I did read all of your posts. I know very well how easily things can blow up on here, I was just making honest comments on your posts.

The only thing you ever said that I really totally disagree with was that no 8AA teams could win a game in 9AA or 10AA. Otherwise, I'm sure you have a pretty good idea of the teams' strengths since you've seen so many games. I'm not old enough to have followed football for 30 years, so I just go on what I've learned from the past few seasons. I prefer #1 as well. B)

Let me clarify a misstatement I made. The broad statment that no team in 8AA could beat a team in 9AA or 10AA I retract. First of all, wierd things can happen in football, so weaker teams beat stronger teams a lot. However, simply based on what I have seen so far, 8AA teams could beat Sycamore and Macon CO. in 9AA (that should happen this Fri. night at SC), and Stratford in 10AA.

Here is one reason 10AA is tough: The member schools average 858 students with 4 4A teams over 925. In 8AA (average 741), there are only 2 4A teams and one team with over 900 enrollment (LA). If you take out CPA from 10AA, the average is 903.

9AA has an enrollment average of 781 with 4 out of 6 schools being 4A schools, and one of the 2 3A schools is Goodpasture, who is always as good as most 4A teams.

In terms of 3A schools, I believe District 4 is by far the strongest, followed by 13, 10 and 11.

Somebody had better go check on D1. He was posting dailey. After 2 straight losses, he may have jumped off the Hurrican bridge.

Tough, tough, very tough loss last week. Was up 21-6 with 6 minutes left in the game. Hixson took 22-21 lead with 2 minutes left in game. DeKalb drove the ball down to the 5 yard line, next play qb runs the ball and dives for the goal line but fumbles. It would have been a touchdown. Local newspaper had photograph of him airborne with his arms across the goal line but the ball came lose and was laying on the ground beneath him on the two yard line. Hixson recovered the fumble and ran the clock out.

Got to put that loss behind us and win tonight. Termite, with the water levels so high jumping off Hurricane bridge wouldnt do much damage. Got to win tonight :thumb: