Tullahoma at Blackman

wingman10

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know who they are, they will try to do what we think they will try to do. We will take it one play at a time. We have practiced, practiced hard. I predict the team that wins will have the most points.

We hope when the clock runs out we will have the most points.

I must began to tape up now, I really old..... I'm out

This game is going to be really interesting. The one area Blackman has always been weak in is on the line. While Coach Shad has had some really good linemen in the past they tended to be weak as he does NOT push the weight room like others have. This was proven in that when Coach Wyatt left R'dale and went to Smyrna and took over their weight room. Things improved dramatically. For Tullahoma, know the Coach Shad WILL be trying to make a statement to the District with this game.

Now we have Tullahoma who has one of the best line Coaches I have ever known. Add to this he has a 'Monster' that has a bunch of coaches excited at the next level. If Tullahoma has enough linemen to give some rest they should control the line of scrimmage.

Now we have a much bigger squad at Blackman that should be able to sub freely and keep fresh bodies on BOTH lines. Tullahoma is used to having to play both ways.

Basically it boils down to the team whos line tires out first will lose this one.

Right now I am calling it a toss up. An unproven Blackman with a NEW offensive squad vs a MUCH smaller team that plays its heart out every game and knows its offense.

Both teams have had very challenging preseasons, with Tullahoma taking on Riverdale, Giles Co., and Oakland in scrimmages and Blackman battling Brentwood Academy, Gallatin, and perhaps others.

Tullahoma's first 11 on offense are pretty good, but depth on the line could be an issue. Defensively the Wildcats must replace nine starters and it may take a couple of games for a first 11 to emerge and begin to gel.

It stands to reason the folks at Blackman are excited to have their first game under Phillip Shadowens at home instead of on the road as originally scheduled. On the flip side the Tullahoma faithful are somewhat disappointed not to get to debut their new stadium in Week 0.

It's probably the oldest cliche', but the team that wins the turnover battle will probably win this game.