Wartburg @ Montery

banjo

Well, Banjo picker I hope you're right, but remember Monterey is a pretty good team. It's ironic; the Morgan County News refered to the 84 game this week when we last played Monterey. I remember being in the huddle and our QB saying how exciting this was to be winning our "first game in a long time" at Wartburg. Deja Vu? Will lightning strike twice? Stay tuned sports fans! Btw, that was a very good game and I remember thinking that the bus ride over there was So long!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i can say is thank god! This sounds so much better than Knox cath and some of them lol. This will be an even ball game. York is a very tough team but the bulldogs have scrimmaged tougher this year and have faired well. If the dogs can move the ball which they will with travis hamby they will win 14 6

I'm picking Monterrey 18 Wartburg 6 I just dont' think the bulldogs are good enough to handle any team that is able to play solid for 4 quarters. If monterrey takes care of the ball then they shouldn't have any real problems. but they better watch out for hamby bc he is one of the best players around and if he were to get free then the dogs could pull it out but right now i just think monterrey will win.

I'm picking Monterrey 18 Wartburg 6 I just dont' think the bulldogs are good enough to handle any team that is able to play solid for 4 quarters. If monterrey takes care of the ball then they shouldn't have any real problems. but they better watch out for hamby bc he is one of the best players around and if he were to get free then the dogs could pull it out but right now i just think monterrey will win.

You were pretty close Jacket Fan. We scored on the first play from scrimmage and I think we let up a little. Wartburg was in it to the last play. They wanted it bad.

I dont think they let up, that was a very hard physical game & both teams fought all 4 quarters. Im disappointed in the outcome but the players played hard on both sides it was an exciting game to watch. The dogs looked improved offensively maybe we can get up for Midway next week.

it was an outstanding game to go watch.. i personally think if wartburg doesn't turn the ball over nine times they probably come out with a win.. i mean they stopped a pretty good offense consistently and had a block punt n forced a couple turnovers.. and the offense played pretty good excluding the turnovers... fix a couple tweaks (turnovers) and the dogs have a very good football team. and the jenkins kid hurt the dogs when he went down.. hes one of the stongest n fastest kids on the team so when he goes out it always a struggle to overcome.. well we will see what happens at midway.. i think it will be a blast.