JACKSON CO. VS. HOUSTON CO.

devils08

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a long haul from Gainesbro to Erin , I predict whoever scheduled this game , will not renew it. I'll take the Irish by 6. Will Houston Co travel to Jackson Co. next season? If they do , the Jackson Co. stadium sits amongst some of the most beauitful scenery in Tennessee.

Jackson County's football program is full of excitement and promise this year. The new leadership and all the hard work the players and coaches invested this spring and summer appear to be paying dividends. Past records and opponents indicate this is a pretty even match but, as the first game of the season, predicting the outcome is little more than a guessing game. I do beleive the JCHC linemen, passing and running games, defensive intensity, and special teams play look better than I've seen in years. The boys believe in themselves and their coaches and are obviously having fun. That's truly what its all about, IMHO. Good luck to both teams and let's just hope that everyone on the field and on the roads enjoy the game and return home safely.

Jackson County's football program is full of excitement and promise this year. The new leadership and all the hard work the players and coaches invested this spring and summer appear to be paying dividends. Past records and opponents indicate this is a pretty even match but, as the first game of the season, predicting the outcome is little more than a guessing game. I do beleive the JCHC linemen, passing and running games, defensive intensity, and special teams play look better than I've seen in years. The boys believe in themselves and their coaches and are obviously having fun. That's truly what its all about, IMHO. Good luck to both teams and let's just hope that everyone on the field and on the roads enjoy the game and return home safely.

Hey grub how many kids are out for football. I know in the past the numbers have been relatively low. Is the fever back in Blue Devil country ?

Hey grub how many kids are out for football. I know in the past the numbers have been relatively low. Is the fever back in Blue Devil country ?

Greets RC,

I don't have a roster yet, but I do see more athletes on the sideline than a few years ago. We're hoping the new district, new leadership, and all the effort produce positive results. If so, I'm sure more young men will want to join in on the fun. Success breeds success... especially when building an athletic program.

Hey Sandbagger someone told me you lapped the field in the 1st flight this past weekend at the golf course! :ph34r: To answer your question the biggest difference this year is most all of the basketball boys have decided to play football. So now you have athletes on the field at all your skill positions. Even though our quarterback is a sophomore he is solid, one of the best i've seen in a long time especially for a sophomore. Our wide recievers and backs are all big. 6'3, 6'3, 6,2 and 6,1. are the recievers. Running backs are solid with Patrick Davis running the ball and the fullback is big as well 6'1 200lbs or right there at it. He is a Ragland kid that transferred in from Cookeville and would have played for them this year so you know that says something. He also plays middle linebacker and from what i've seen (which isn't much) but he looks to be a sure tackler and is always around the ball. Not sure if we will challenge any of the big dogs in our class but we will be better, now how much better has yet to be seen. The coaches are doing a great job so hopefully it will be a fun year for football in JCounty this year.