Oakland @ Ensworth

lilcoach7

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could say I told you so. I ask you how you feel about having to eat your comments about Ensworth being too scared to play. I could even point out that Ensworth is only in their 3rd varsity season of football and just knocked out the supposed best team in the state despite being a Div. 2 AA team. I could mention the EHS has 400 kids as opposed to Oakland's 1500, but that would be pointless smack talk. Instead, I think I'll just say good game and 22-20.

I could say I told you so. I ask you how you feel about having to eat your comments about Ensworth being too scared to play. I could even point out that Ensworth is only in their 3rd varsity season of football and just knocked out the supposed best team in the state despite being a Div. 2 AA team. I could mention the EHS has 400 kids as opposed to Oakland's 1500, but that would be pointless smack talk. Instead, I think I'll just say good game and 22-20.

I could mention that Ensworth can find the best talent in the mid-state while Oakland cannot if you want to take pot shots.

I could mention that Ensworth can find the best talent in the mid-state while Oakland cannot if you want to take pot shots.

I'm sorry, you're right. Ensworth doesn't have to compete with MBA (nationally ranked), BA (went to title game), MUS (won D2 state title), Mcallie, and Baylor for talent. We have it soooo easy. Half of the males in our entire school are on the football team. It takes just about every guy in our school to field our football, golf, and cross country teams. But thank goodness we can "find the best talent in the mid-state" without competition otherwise we might have to practice and train, and, heaven forbid, find a good coaching staff to call plays like the fake handoff option right to win the game... yeah, skill, work ethic and preparation had nothing to do with that win.

I'm sorry, you're right. Ensworth doesn't have to compete with MBA (nationally ranked), BA (went to title game), MUS (won D2 state title), Mcallie, and Baylor for talent. We have it soooo easy. Half of the males in our entire school are on the football team. It takes just about every guy in our school to field our football, golf, and cross country teams. But thank goodness we can "find the best talent in the mid-state" without competition otherwise we might have to practice and train, and, heaven forbid, find a good coaching staff to call plays like the fake handoff option right to win the game... yeah, skill, work ethic and preparation had nothing to do with that win.

fake handoff option? you need to get off the site...i was for ensworth, but thats called a veer, and its probably one of the oldest plays in the book. every coach in the world has that in the playbook somewhere...