Oakland @ Ensworth

lilcoach7

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking forward to this one...Im coming for two reasons, 1. to see what hopefully is a good game and 2. to see Ensworths campus...haha I havent seen Ensworth this preseason but I did see them last year. I know they have athletes, but I just dont know if they have enough to run with Oakland. I dont expect to see many points, thats just not Oaklands style. I imagine it will be close time late in the 2nd half when Oaklands Offense and Defensive lines take over the game.

OHS 17

EHS 6

Like I said in the other thread about this:

With this game being:

1. Thursday Night

2. Televised

3. Being two of the strongest teams in Privates and Publics

I am willing to bet it will either be watched and/or taped by every coach that plays either of these teams this year!

Both schools are to be congratulated for scheduling this one.

I know I will be watching it!

Ensworth will win this football game. This will be the best coached team Oakland has faced in a long long time. I think Oakland has a top five team in the state and would probably beat Ensworth later in the year, but I think this is a really tough spot for them. EHS will be more vulnerable later in the year with injuries and the wear and tear of the season. Oakland catching them fresh and on opening night at home will be tough to overcome

Like I said in the other thread about this:

With this game being:

1. Thursday Night

2. Televised

3. Being two of the strongest teams in Privates and Publics

I am willing to bet it will either be watched and/or taped by every coach that plays either of these teams this year!

Both schools are to be congratulated for scheduling this one.

I know I will be watching it!

Me 2, I am very interested in this game..... :thumb:

Ensworth will win this football game. This will be the best coached team Oakland has faced in a long long time. I think Oakland has a top five team in the state and would probably beat Ensworth later in the year, but I think this is a really tough spot for them. EHS will be more vulnerable later in the year with injuries and the wear and tear of the season. Oakland catching them fresh and on opening night at home will be tough to overcome

To retort, Oakland looked to be in regular season form friday against Tullahoma. I agree that EHS may possess the best Coaching staff on their schedule, as will be the case more often than not of any team's sidelines that has Coach Bowers. Win or lose, I applaud coaches of both schools for getting this done.

I'm going because it's HS football!!! I love the match up. I'm not sure who comes out on top here but I will be pulling for the young men at Oakland. Good luck and I'm so happy and excited to soon, be watching HS football again.

Good luck with the Defense of your State Championship Oakland. I know there are some pretty darn good teams out there that want what you have.

One of the best parts of this game is that it is on Thursday night so you can catch another game on Friday. Just think, two nights in a row of region football! What can get any better? Can't decide which other game I am going to go to yet though on Friday.

I look for this game to start out with some turnovers from the start that cause easy scores for one team. There will be at least one trick play for each team to add to the drama. Then by half everyone gets adjusted and we play HARD NOSED ball the rest of the night with little scoring.We all know that first night causes jitters , especially when you are on TV. Whichever team keeps the turnover ration low will take this one. Of course that will be OAKLAND!

lilcoach, will you be at this one?