Oakland @ Ensworth

lilcoach7

I go to Ensworth High School and I just wanted to address a few things before the game.

1. Coach Bowers canceled the game because he had do. The T.V. network wouldn't have been able to do the game in the bad weather and they didn't want to risk it. They arranged the new time and date and both teams agreed to it. I read the e-mail sent to the football and Coach Bowers was upset he had to change the time. Do a little research next time before you start making ridiculous accusations. (however, as a side note, all the schools around EHS were put in lock-down yesterday because a couple of fugitives were loose and a lot of people we afraid the game would be postponed again.)

2. You made it even more obvious that you had done absolutely no research when you said the game was canceled because EHS wanted to make more money. Have you seen the school? they're not exactly desperate for funds.

3. Nobody's going to be pounded or destroyed in this game. I think it will be a good close game, but the ability of both teams to pass will be the difference, both teams are big, both teams are physical, and both teams have great D-lines. Ensworth will try to run, and we have better backs, but it will ultimately come down to the passing games.

4. For those who asked if the game is online: you can find it at www.ensworthlive.com

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to Ensworth High School and I just wanted to address a few things before the game.

1. Coach Bowers canceled the game because he had do. The T.V. network wouldn't have been able to do the game in the bad weather and they didn't want to risk it. They arranged the new time and date and both teams agreed to it. I read the e-mail sent to the football and Coach Bowers was upset he had to change the time. Do a little research next time before you start making ridiculous accusations. (however, as a side note, all the schools around EHS were put in lock-down yesterday because a couple of fugitives were loose and a lot of people we afraid the game would be postponed again.)

2. You made it even more obvious that you had done absolutely no research when you said the game was canceled because EHS wanted to make more money. Have you seen the school? they're not exactly desperate for funds.

3. Nobody's going to be pounded or destroyed in this game. I think it will be a good close game, but the ability of both teams to pass will be the difference, both teams are big, both teams are physical, and both teams have great D-lines. Ensworth will try to run, and we have better backs, but it will ultimately come down to the passing games.

4. For those who asked if the game is online: you can find it at http://www.ensworthlive.com

#1 Canceling a Saturday game because a couple of fugitives were loose on Friday....this would make sense when you think about why they canceled on Thursday. I REALLY do not believe that the TV Station made this decision in anyway. I think it has more to do with your #3 claim.

#2 Expect nothing less from and EHS student. Is this why OHS received no tickets for this game? :popcorneater:

#3 tells the real story for canceling the game. Let's think about this. If it's raining which team is at more of a disadvantage, EHS. Because OHS will line up and smash the football down your throat rain or shine, so if the passing game would be the difference, canceling the game benefited EHS over OHS. As for the better backs opinion, have you seen OHS's backs? I know EHS has a good one, but OHS's are pretty darn good too.

#4 Good for people that have to work tonight, but everyone should come out to this game tonight

I know EHS has a good one, but OHS's are pretty darn good too.

You lost your top three running backs from last year, and your prospective starter for this year (dre fraiser) tore his acl. Not only does Ensworth have a good starting running back in Orleans (1,952 yards and 21 TD's), but his back up are also good. Rodney Anderson ran a 4.4 40 yard dash in summer workouts.

Because OHS will line up and smash the football down your throat rain or shine, so if the passing game would be the difference, canceling the game benefited EHS over OHS.

And if you've watched EHS's games from last year, or you read what I wrote about the teams being clones of each other, you know that if it had rained Ensworth would have run the ball the same way Oakland would have.

I know EHS has a good one, but OHS's are pretty darn good too.

You lost your top three running backs from last year, and your prospective starter for this year (dre fraiser) tore his acl. Not only does Ensworth have a good starting running back in Orleans (1,952 yards and 21 TD's), but his back up are also good. Rodney Anderson ran a 4.4 40 yard dash in summer workouts.

Because OHS will line up and smash the football down your throat rain or shine, so if the passing game would be the difference, canceling the game benefited EHS over OHS.

And if you've watched EHS's games from last year, or you read what I wrote about the teams being clones of each other, you know that if it had rained Ensworth would have run the ball the same way Oakland would have.

As I said EHS has a good one, but OHS are darn good too, we have a stable of RBs. We'll see at 7:00.

I did not see any EHS games last year, but you make my point again, OHS will run the ball rain or shine and you infer that EHS would not like to run the ball as much as OHS, exactly my point. Glad you dont disagree on my other points :popcorneater:

they return 7 starters on offense and Ensworth returns 7 on defense and I'm not sure about their offense.

Ensworth doesn't have a game to prepare for week 1 because each grade takes a weekend retreat at the beginning of each year (they do it build community or something like that) and keep in mind there's only 100 students per grade. Ensworth usual take the retreat this week, but wanted to play oakland so mcuh they pushed it back one week. look at their past schedules.

they return 7 starters on offense and Ensworth returns 7 on defense and I'm not sure about their offense.

Ensworth doesn't have a game to prepare for week 1 because each grade takes a weekend retreat at the beginning of each year (they do it build community or something like that) and keep in mind there's only 100 students per grade. Ensworth usual take the retreat this week, but wanted to play oakland so mcuh they pushed it back one week. look at their past schedules.

They play week zero because there was not a common date on each other's schedule. They wanted to play Oakland SOOO much, they didn't play Thursday night. t-minus 1 hr 30 minutes.

OAKLAND JUST GOT ROYALLY SHAFTED, I'VE NEVER SEEN A REKICK BECAUSE THE REFS SCREWED UP A CALL UNTIL A FEW MINUTES AGO. IT WAS A 14 POINT SWING. ENSWORTH KCIKS OFF AND THE RETURNER GETS ROCKED AND FUMBLES THE FOOT BALL BIG SCRAMBLE AND AN OAKLAND PLAYER COMES OUT OF THE PILE AND GOES THE DISTANCE. THEN ITS CALLED BACK BECAUSE OF AN INADVERTENT WHISTLE, THEN THEY CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO DO SO THEY ACT LIKE IT NEVER WAS KICKED IN THE FIRST PLACE AND KICK IT OVER WHICH ENSWORTH THEN POPS IT UP AND RECOVERS THE BALL. BIG TIME SCREW JOB THAT OAKLAND MAY NOT RECOVER FROM.

OAKLAND JUST GOT ROYALLY SHAFTED, I'VE NEVER SEEN A REKICK BECAUSE THE REFS SCREWED UP A CALL UNTIL A FEW MINUTES AGO. IT WAS A 14 POINT SWING. ENSWORTH KCIKS OFF AND THE RETURNER GETS ROCKED AND FUMBLES THE FOOT BALL BIG SCRAMBLE AND AN OAKLAND PLAYER COMES OUT OF THE PILE AND GOES THE DISTANCE. THEN ITS CALLED BACK BECAUSE OF AN INADVERTENT WHISTLE, THEN THEY CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO DO SO THEY ACT LIKE IT NEVER WAS KICKED IN THE FIRST PLACE AND KICK IT OVER WHICH ENSWORTH THEN POPS IT UP AND RECOVERS THE BALL. BIG TIME SCREW JOB THAT OAKLAND MAY NOT RECOVER FROM.

Pro-tip: Don't post in all caps. When I see a post entirely in capital letters, I assume that since the poster isn't intelligent enough to turn off caps lock, he (or she) isn't intelligent to contribute to the discussion, and ignore the post. That's right, I'm replying to a post I haven't (and won't) read.