Huntingdon vs Westview- WOW

CoachT

i didn't get to go but i listened on the Internet and it sounded like they are getting back to playing mustang football!! great job!! :angry:

Yes it was a great game of the best i have seen in a few years. I believe both teams will have good seasons. But it looks like Huntingdon will be of the top dogs in thier class. They just need to work on their special teams. Overall take away those two kickoff returns i thought the defense did a good job. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year! :evil:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left with about 4:00 minutes to go. WV had taken over on downs at the Huntingdon 30 or so. Score was 28-27 WV. I thought it was over. Got in the car, turned the radio when I got outside of Martin and was astounded to hear the score. What a game. Wallace from Huntingdon made some big hits as did the Simpson kid. I thought going in that Westview would win this one handily and it looked like they might right after halftime when they drove down and scored.

Got to give it to Huntingdon they kept on responding.

Great way to kick off 09 season. Thanks to both teams for such a good game.

Westview dominated the special teams portion of the game, but Huntingdon was a determined team last night. Both teams were given the opportunity to lay down and accept defeat, neither did. Still can't believe the Huntingdon QB waited until the most pressured point of the game, throwing from his own endzone, and connects with Holder on an almost perfectly thrown pass. Having watched his earlier attempts, kudos to the Mustang Coach for putting faith in that young man. Great crowd for both teams, and a very clean game in penalties and player actions. Was a very enjoyable game in all aspects. Both teams should be proud of their performance.

The Martin kicker was 4 for 4 on extra points. I cant understand why the Martin coach didnt kick the extra point and go into ot. What a great game. It says two things. Huntingdon will be a force in the 1A playoffs. And, I'm afraid that it means Martin may not do too good in the 3A part of thier schedule.

The Martin kicker was 4 for 4 on extra points. I cant understand why the Martin coach didnt kick the extra point and go into ot. What a great game. It says two things. Huntingdon will be a force in the 1A playoffs. And, I'm afraid that it means Martin may not do too good in the 3A part of thier schedule.

Coach said that they had not been able to stop Holder all night and he didn't think they would do any better at it in OT.

I agree with the guy that said it was a great game to watch in all aspets, it really was. Considering this was the first game of the year and a couple thousand there to watch, both teams put on a great show. Accoring to some of the Huntingdon fans, in their scrimmages they had problems with fumbling the football. They must've put alot of focus into the handoffs. The Williams boy from Westview is really good. He's extremely quick and shifty, kind of like Markei Guy. Don't let this loss to Huntingdon fool you, Westview isn't that bad of a team at all. Huntingdon is just extremely good and was mistake free last night besides the interception. Great game!!!!

Either way with WV winning or loosing, for sure with Huntingdon this close...not good.

Westview has lost their punch from a few years back. As long as they have Milan in their way...a no go

Honestly, did you watch the game? Lost their punch? Ask Huntingdon and anybody else that attended that game if Westview has lost their punch. I bet you will be overwhelmed with the answer of NO! This Westview team may have a bigger and better punch than that of the Westview teams of the past few years. This was a great game played between 2 great programs. Trust me Westview has not lost their punch at all and that game proved it! Great game and good luck to both teams thru out the year! :thumb: