District 11A

thenomad

CA could very well be one of the top four teams becasue this district is SO WEAK! I just don't think that this team is good enough to beat Richland or Cornersville. They may split with Santa Fe, but I also think they may split with Culleoka. However, Hampshire finishing above the bottom two is unlikely due to a new coach. This is the third coach in 3 years. Three years ago I would have said Hampshire would be a top four team with that coach. However, he moved on to baseball. They will beat Mt. Pleasant and could split with Culleoka; however, top four is a reach. As for winning double digits, the last three teams in this district haven't had double digit wins in a long time. CA and Hampshire may have been the most recent and that was a few years ago. Culleoka (11 in 01), Hampshire (15 in 03), CA (have won 9 a couple of times since 01), and Mt. Pleasant (10 in 04) haven't posted 10+ wins in a long time. But we will have to wait and see!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CA could very well be one of the top four teams becasue this district is SO WEAK! I just don't think that this team is good enough to beat Richland or Cornersville. They may split with Santa Fe, but I also think they may split with Culleoka. However, Hampshire finishing above the bottom two is unlikely due to a new coach. This is the third coach in 3 years. Three years ago I would have said Hampshire would be a top four team with that coach. However, he moved on to baseball. They will beat Mt. Pleasant and could split with Culleoka; however, top four is a reach. As for winning double digits, the last three teams in this district haven't had double digit wins in a long time. CA and Hampshire may have been the most recent and that was a few years ago. Culleoka (11 in 01), Hampshire (15 in 03), CA (have won 9 a couple of times since 01), and Mt. Pleasant (10 in 04) haven't posted 10+ wins in a long time. But we will have to wait and see!!

You are right in much of this post. CA WILL be a top 3-4 team in this weak district. Cornersville has the talent and recent history, and Richland is definately a contender, but you have to put the girls at CA in th mix for 2nd with Richland. CA girls have the drive and have improved alot. They will make some noise in the district. Santa Fe has a GREAT new coach and will be in the upper half. Culleoka shouldn't have any trouble with Mt Pleasant, and certainly not with Hampshire. The bottom two are terrible, and you are right, Hampshire shouldn't finish above 6th, and should be thankful that Mt Pleasant is as pathetic as they are. If they didnt have to play each other, I am not sure either of them would win a game. We have about two months left to hear about how they have turned things around, and how they are improving and should win games this year. 3 facts remain: 1, they are still Hampshire and Mt Pleasant...2, they will lose far more than they win.....and 3, you will be able to combine their records in February and they still wont have 10 wins. You cant honestly look at the schedule of Hampshire and find 10 wins anywhere on there....and I am pretty sure the same could be said for Mt Pleasant. I stand with my early predictions on how the district should finish. Cornersville, then CA/Richland/Santa Fe, then Culleoka, then Mt Pleasant and Hampshire (maybe tying for last because their only win comes from each other).

CA was 13-17 in '96-'97. Last winning season was 18-11 in '94-'95.

CA could win 10 games if they can beat Clarksville Academy and Davidson Academy. They will beat Mt. Pleasant twice and Hampshire twice. More than likely they will split with Culleoka. They could surpass 10 wins with victories over East Hickman, Fairview, and Santa Fe. It's possible; however, with previous knowledge I don't see it quite yet. One more year of sitting in the bottom half before they rise to the top 4 next season!

My District 11A Picks:

#1. Cornersville

#2. Santa Fe

#3. RHS

#4. CA

#5. Culleoka

#6. Hampshire

#7. Mt. Pleasant

Cornersville will win D11 & be dangerous to ANYBODY they play. Nelms, Fagan, & Hopkins will provide too much firepower! Needless to day that Micah Landers will out coach the rest of the field. :roflol:

Dodson & her BIG sophomore supporting cast will battle Richland for 2nd. Dodson will be the difference between 2nd & 3rd IF she stays healthy. :thumb:

Richland will be dangerous, but the exodus of some key players has hurt their depth and will show down the stretch and at "crunch time". :blink:

CA will surprise some and should be a SOLID 4th place. CA wants that trip to the Region 6A tourney BAD! Be carefull what you ask for! Wayne Co or Loretto await "ouch!" :popcorneater:

Cully "should" hold off Hampshire & Mt. Pleasant, but Hampshire will be better than in past years.

I'll stick to my guns on the predictions made above! For the reasons mentioned above. Looking into District 12A, I heard that Kinsley Williams has quit Loretto. That will be a BIG BLOW to that ball club.

My District 11A Picks:

#1. Cornersville

#2. Santa Fe

#3. RHS

#4. CA

#5. Culleoka

#6. Hampshire

#7. Mt. Pleasant

Cornersville will win D11 & be dangerous to ANYBODY they play. Nelms, Fagan, & Hopkins will provide too much firepower! Needless to day that Micah Landers will out coach the rest of the field. :lol:

Dodson & her BIG sophomore supporting cast will battle Richland for 2nd. Dodson will be the difference between 2nd & 3rd IF she stays healthy. :huh:

Richland will be dangerous, but the exodus of some key players has hurt their depth and will show down the stretch and at "crunch time". B)

CA will surprise some and should be a SOLID 4th place. CA wants that trip to the Region 6A tourney BAD! Be carefull what you ask for! Wayne Co or Loretto await "ouch!" :roflolk:

Cully "should" hold off Hampshire & Mt. Pleasant, but Hampshire will be better than in past years.

I'll stick to my guns on the predictions made above! For the reasons mentioned above. Looking into District 12A, I heard that Kinsley Williams has quit Loretto. That will be a BIG BLOW to that ball club.

CA will finish no lower than 3rd. Hampshire will not be any better than past years, they graduated their best player. Mt Pleasant will likely beat Hampshire twice. And Culleoka will kill both MtP and Hampshire, so your top 1 is likely correct, then I really think it will be between CA and Richland, then Santa Fe.

The more I hear about what is going on with some teams in this district, I think I will update my original predictions.

1. Cornersville

2. CA

3. Richland

4. Santa Fe

5. Culleoka

6. Mt. Pleasant

7. the top 6's Jr High teams

8. Hampshire

GO CA!!!!

District 11A

1. Cornersville - The Lady Bulldogs are so far ahead of everyone else in their district that no one should be surprised if they don't run the table by double-digits on everyone else. They are the powerhouse of this very weak district. Unfortunately for them, their district schedule will not do much to prepare them for the Region 6A Tournament, where they will run into the teams from 12A, most of whom looked very good this summer. Nelms, who should have her name at least in the discussion for a Miss Basketball nomination, leads a very talented cast of supporting players. Hopkins, Fagan, and Wheeler, will also aid in what will be another 20+ win season for Landers and company.

2. Santa Fe - The Lady Cats will rely heavily on senior point guard Bobbi Dodson, much as they did last year. Unfortuantely for Dodson, she does not have the talent around her like she did in the 07 - 08 season that saw Santa Fe reach sub-state. On the other hand, Dodson and Santa Fe are lucky to be playing in a district where not having a whole lot of talent doesn't matter very much. She alone should get them second, and it doesn't hurt that Santa Fe will have some size inside that should present match-up problems for all of the teams below them.

3. Richland - The Lady Raiders will struggle significantly following the departure of Jasmine Duke, who did everything (and then some) for Richland last year. They have a whole suplus of capable players, but there is no one go-to player on their team. When things start to get tough, they cannot rely on someone like Duke to bail them out. They will have to be fundamentally sound on the offensive end, because if their returning guards are not better at handling the ball then they were a year ago, Richland could be on the wrong end of some major blowouts to the two teams above them. They should easily take care of the teams behind them, with the exception of Columbia Academy, who potentially could present a problem.

4. Columbia Academy - The Lady Bulldogs only graduated two seniors from last year, and at times, showed some promise for a decent future. The district shake-ups really benefited this group because it got rid of some teams from their district that they had no chance of beating and replaced them with teams that some middle school teams could beat. Columbia Academy should be in this fourth spot, assuming their is no major meltdown. They could even finish in the third spot if their guards can become sound with the ball and provide some offense to support Hayes in the post.

5. Hampshire - The Lady Hawks move from District 12A, where they never stood a shot of going to the Region 6A Tournament, to District 11A, where they might have a very "slim" chance. Hampshire lost Lemire, who was their best scorer, but return Booker, whose athleticism could beneift Hampshire. However, her tendency to play out-of-control has to be harnessed. She, along with Boyd and Baker, could just be enough to keep Hampshire out of the bottom two spots, and potentially, compete with Columbia Academy (but only if they have not improved much from last year).

6. Culleoka - The Lady Warriors lost two of their better players to graduation last year in Fitzgerald and Andrews. Culleoka is pretty much identical to Hampshire in that they have very little talent or athleticism on a team that is already slim in terms of numbers of players on their roster. Culleoka will need to find someone who is capable of producing double-digits on the offensive end, because as of right now they don't appear to have a go-to player (which Hampshire might actually have in Booker or Boyd). They will also need to put alot of emphasis on their defense, because they cannot win a high-scoring game--the lower scoring the game is for Culleoka, the better chance they will have of pulling out a victory.

7. Mt. Pleasant - The Lady Tigers finally ended their record setting losing streak last year when they finally won a game against a winless Frank Hughes out of Clifton. So, it is no coincidence that Mt. Pleasant will open this season against Frank Hughes, which could potentially be their only win of the year. On the brightside for Mt. Pleasant, they had no seniors last year, so at least they return everyone, and "should" be at least a tiny bit improved. Hughes has potential at the point guard spot, but she needs a coach that will implement a system that she can run and will give her some open looks at the basket. In fact, if the coach at Mt. Pleasant could just find a way to harness this group's athetic ability and implement some fundamental skills, they could actually pull out three or four wins this year (I wouldn't bet my bag of popcorn on it though).

Great in depth analysis as always ptguard12. However, I think Culleoka may have a little more talent than many expect; however, they will need to find a scorer. Between Hampshire, Culleoka, and Mt. Pleasant, I don't know if combined they will match Cornersville's win total. We'll just have to wait for this season to start to see who can overachieve and who may disappoint!