District 4a This Year

Yes, it is time for a change at Coalfield has been for a few years but when everyone down their is family it's hard to get the change. The player that is back on the team I was told she quit if that is the fact I thank the coach should not let her play. You have to understand they are teaching our kids it's ok to quit and then come back when you want that kid will be in for a surprise out in the real world it doesnt work that way. And on the girl that is now at Wartburg another family thing this is why Coalfield has gone down hill in my book for the past few years.

On better note Oakdale will be my surpise team this year Fred has a young but they have 1 year on the court so I think they will be in the regioanl this year.

Warburg rebuilding but I believe them and OZ will be in the regional also.

Oneida should win the distict best coach in the district

Sunbright still young but this team will upset some teams in the district this year

Coalfield best talent on the floor but does not get along will have to fight for the 4th spot in the district

Jellico not forsure of what they have.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well jacketfan96 imo any good coach would ask any good ball player to come back if she wonted a winning season and for the rest of the team if they dont wont her to play they should take it up with the coach. coalfield has never been a team that plays together and never will be if they wont to win and not play keep away from each other they will learn to get along or else they will end up like they did last yr. other teams hope they dont wont that kid to play because it will only help them because she is a good ball palyer. I know one coach would love to have her. As for you knight2 she will make it in life cause from what i hear she is a good kid so why don't you all just leave it to the coaches and sew where the season ends up

After talking to some of my cat alum. I believe they will be in the fight for the distict again this year they are having some great practices and I beilieve it will be them or Oneida for 1st. Then on Coalfield yes on paper they have the best players but they have not played well together for a few years now and on the girl that quit I agree if she did quit she should not be able to play that is what wrong with kids today they think they should do what they want when they want to but it is the coaches faults because they are more interested in winning than teaching our kids. Oakdale Fred should have his girls ready this year and a trip to regional should be in their future. Wartburg rebuilding but they have some talent also the Fountain kid is the second best kid in the dirsict behind Jordan from Coalfield.

Sunbright will get some wins this year in the district I think also. Jellico have not heard anything on them still.

OZ :thumb:

Oneida

Oakdale

Coalfield

Wartburg

Sunbright

Jellico

I would love to see us take the dist this year but I don't see exactly how we can be picked 1 right now.

Looking at the roster and what we have coming back we lost Chitwood, Lay, Donja (16ppg last year) and Boshears.

I know we bring back some good players but I feel like after taking all things in that we are about #4 in the district.

What do you think Kaz?

Honestly.....I see us dropping in around 2 or 3, but it wouldn't surprise me if we got it going and won the regular season.....it's just going to take showing up every night. I hope this team doesn't hit a rough spot though, I'm not sure they are too equipped mentally to overcome a stretch of games where they lose some confidence. There certainly are some players that can contribute......Lay and Bond are very good when they are on! Some of the others could make them dangerous if they play up to their potential. We'll all soon find out though!

Kazanity :thumb:

fred snow will have his girls ready to play you can bet on it, as far as coalfield goes no their not a team tha plays together but you all keep downing the girl that quit what is she suposed to do when the coach and everyone else stays on her about playing give the kid a break. catmommy as i recall didn't you all get into trouble recently about the gym seating, take care of your on business and stay off colfield.

Yes we did our coach might had missed counted but the past 4 years it would not had mattered anyway we out played the rest of the teams in the district what we only lost what 2 or 3 games to our district teams.I was not on Coalfield I use to like watching them but the past few years I think they are having trouble up there.

Honestly the season hasent got started yet and already the coalfield girls basketball is getting drilled by everyone ! please give it a rest and let the girls have fun this season , for some of them it is their last year let them enjoy it ,as far as the girl that quit as long as she makes up the time she missed let her play everyone knows who she is and she is a major asset to the team. The girls need to learn how to play team ball not just 4 player ball or keep away because their affraid they may be out scored or out rebounded or someone may get more steals than the other , if they play together this year they will go all the way so good luck to the lady jackets senoirs play hard have fun step up and take control :thumb: