McMinn Central @ Polk County

loudnboy35

Hopefully, Polk & Central will meet again in the playoffs (with different refs). Would be a different ballgame!

Why did no one complain about the refs in the Cleveland/Central game???? Cleveland had 18 penalties,,,Did you hear anyone complaining,,,no, because the penalties were all obvious,,,so let's break down the penalties Central had....

The 3 personal fouls (Horse collar, roughing the holder, roughing the passer) ??

The 3 unsportsmanlikes (two late hits and your coach slinging his headset at a refs feet)?

The 3 delay of games (those are pretty obvious) as are

the 4 false starts,,,

and 1 illegal substitution,,you know breaking the huddle with 12 is kind of hard to miss..

Let's see that's 14 that are obvious penalties out of the 17,,,,

Don't forget the offensive pass interference where the WR shoved the DB to the ground. (That's 15)

And I remember 1 holding call, that's 16 out of the 17, and there was one Block in the Back on a kick-off. The point is, out of 17 penalties, 15 of them were blatant,,,It's not like the refs were throwing mysterious "Holding" penalties in the middle of the line everytime Central did something good,,,,

Or are you upset about the refs putting 6 seconds back on the clock? You really think 6 seconds at the end of the half made a 37 point difference,,,????

Pretty good breakdown for someone who's a Cleveland fan and was going to the Cleveland/Bradley game. Hmmmm....... :thumb:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say I hope Central plays Polk in playoffs with different refs. I will also ad another person controlling the time clock would be nice (I didn't even bring that one up in previous post). There were NUMEROUS bad calls (not all 17). I applaud Coach Goodin for the headset being thrown (even though I could think of better things than the ground to hit with it). I am not, have not, and will not slam the Polk boys. If the game had been won fair and square without all the bad calls and time issues, then that would have been a different story. I don't care what the breakdown was of the bad calls (I was there and saw every one of them). Notice I didn't say I heard them because their PA system didn't work on the visitor's side.

5chargerfans, you are an idiot if you think the refs had any influence on the outcome of the game. The better team won the game, period. I guess it was the refs fault that Central couldnt line up right, it was the refs fault they had the false starts, it was the refs fault they hit late.... please, get a clue. I guess it was the refs fault Polk had 250 yrds rushing, and I guess it was the refs fault that Jared outran the Central defense on that 86 yrd run. Please fill everyone in on which calls you are talking about that caused the 37 point margin.... And just in case you are wondering, I was there.....

Why did no one complain about the refs in the Cleveland/Central game???? Cleveland had 18 penalties,,,Did you hear anyone complaining,,,no, because the penalties were all obvious,,,so let's break down the penalties Central had....

The 3 personal fouls (Horse collar, roughing the holder, roughing the passer) ??

The 3 unsportsmanlikes (two late hits and your coach slinging his headset at a refs feet)?

The 3 delay of games (those are pretty obvious) as are

the 4 false starts,,,

and 1 illegal substitution,,you know breaking the huddle with 12 is kind of hard to miss..

Let's see that's 14 that are obvious penalties out of the 17,,,,

Don't forget the offensive pass interference where the WR shoved the DB to the ground. (That's 15)

And I remember 1 holding call, that's 16 out of the 17, and there was one Block in the Back on a kick-off. The point is, out of 17 penalties, 15 of them were blatant,,,It's not like the refs were throwing mysterious "Holding" penalties in the middle of the line everytime Central did something good,,,,

Or are you upset about the refs putting 6 seconds back on the clock? You really think 6 seconds at the end of the half made a 37 point difference,,,????

I watched the dvd of the game with my nephew (whom played absolutely great) and the penalties were obvious, the only one I questioned was roughing the passer but it was close. I read the article in the DPA and it strongly suggested mysterious penalties and the bad clock management resulted in Central's downfall...not much credit given to Polk. I watched the questionable swing pass and the receiver was clearly behind the line 3-4yds. The ref's actually done a good job if you watch the game and replay the calls in question!

5chargerfans, another Blue Kool Aid drinker has spoken. Your not slamming the Polk boys but your saying they didn't win fair and square? Polk-49 McMinn Central-12... :ph34r: What game were you watching, you must have spiked your Kool Aid or had some very blue tinted glasses! You couldn't hear the PA system because the Polk fan's were cheering too loud. :thumb:

I guess you and the reporter were watching a different game than the other 4,000 people that were there. You still havent told what penalties you think cost Central a 37 point loss. We'll wait on another ignorant post from you.... :thumb: You would think at some point you would show just a little bit of class and congratulate Polk on a good win.

central has a lot of getting better to do if they want to make the playoffs!!! hey wonder if that would be a possibility, that polk and central could meet again...first round maybe?

I just depends on their overall records as compared to other 3A (playoff level) teams in the quadrant they fall into. I did a very quick playoff bracket, and had Polk as #2 in a sample Quadrant 2-Alcoa as 1 in it. The playoff opponent in this bracket is Howard, but there's a long way to go before Week 11. I used computer rankings instead of records since so many teams are 2-0.

You calling me ignorant just shows what kind of person you are. I don't agree with your evaluation and you don't agree with mine and that's OK. Read the DPA....Mr. Slayton was at the same game I was at.

YOUR evaluation is wrong. If this game was played over Polk would still win, our defense shut Central down. IIRC Central had 68yds rushing the second half and 42 yds was on the last series when the 2nd team was playing. As far as Jack's article goes I just laughed, he is going to say whatever will make you Kool Aid drinkers feel better about getting your tails handed to you...maybe he had a little nip of whatever was in your sippy cup, he probably had mowed yards all day and was quite thirsty or even dehydrated! I watched the game twice and the call's were right so suck it up and admit Central got spanked. Coach Goodin even said the ref's had nothing to do with the outcome we just got out played...but according to you the coach is wrong and Jack and the Blue Kool Aid Gang is right!

I recommend licking your wound's and getting ready for WV or you will be on here next week saying we got cheated again! :thumb:

6+4+3=2, let it go, the best team won period. Writers are going to say what sales papers. Anyone who has followed the DPA knows the sports section is nothing more than Centrals school paper. The losing team always looks for excuses.

Lack of discipline and focus, falling short of expectations, all add to failure. Yes they are playing a stronger schedule, but they can't line up!!! Coach Davis had the better game plan and his team executed. Central seemed to have no game plan, and they can't line up!!! Penalties= lack of disipline, no excuses accepted.