Clinton @ Dobyns Bennett

coonhunter292

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hat's off to Clinton, that is a very good Football Team! The QB is outstanding and the Tailback #2 is just as good.

DB improved from the Farragut game. The running game was better. Roop missed several wipe open WR'S on deep balls and a couple was on the money that were not caught. But, overall the Indians did improve.

I was glad to see that Graham Clark looked around and found a punter, #10 Brett (I can't remember his last name) had a good first game. I wish that the G-man would give just a little attention to the PAT Kicking. Can you believe it? It's hard to watch. The 2 point conversion should be attempted every time, period.

Next Friday can't come soon enough for me, come on Sullivan Central, we need that game real bad.

Roll Tribe Roll

Isn't it ironic that we all have been talking about the need to play a tougher non-conference schedule? Be careful what you ask for. Now we're 0-2 and these young players have no confidence at all. I think I would just as soon played Cherokee and Jeff Co. and been 2-0 with a world of confidence going into the conference schedule.

Isn't it ironic that we all have been talking about the need to play a tougher non-conference schedule? Be careful what you ask for. Now we're 0-2 and these young players have no confidence at all. I think I would just as soon played Cherokee and Jeff Co. and been 2-0 with a world of confidence going into the conference schedule.

"no confidence at all"? that's crazy. they should be proud of how they played tonite. Clinton is a very good team and DB went toe-to-toe with them. Much improvement over last week. If there's anything the team doesn't need is overconfidence because they beat a couple of easy teams instead of the current situation. Tough non-conference games are just what this young team needs. No confidence? dry.gif If true, take a look at the coach real hard.

Did see some improvement tonight. The good....line looked better than last week for the most part,

CS good running on some tough carries

1st half good play calling

no major injurys that I could see

team didnt fold

bigger crowd

band was great and LOUD

James Brown actually got to touch the ball :cry:

14 had a good game

Bluehairs,@ hand sitters went home when it rained :roflol:

The bad Play calling went to @%$# in the 2nd half AGAIN :roflol:

balls dropped ALLOVER THE FIELD INCLUDING A TD

another VERY poor tackling game, runner would advance 12 yrds

after the first hit

secondary faked out of their shoes from ball carriers ALL night

WAY TOO MANY STUPID PENALTYS

KICKING GAME...........NEVER MIND :roflol:

Maybe the fastest kid on the team...1 touch :roflol:

no head hunters on defense

I thought it was a good football game to watch .When DB tied it up at 14 and had the defensive stop,I thought it would be our night.It didn't happen but I seen a lot of good against a fine Clinton team.I just hope we use every game to work on mixing it up,instead of just doing what it takes to beat the teams we should.That would make those games about as worthless as the jamboree was.Clinton has a very good team,and should have a real good year. I thought the pass play was a very brave call at the end of the game for Clinton.We had been so close on the long passes and another shot could have give us a chance in the last minute.Clinton's QB and RB are the real deal,and were fun to watch,I wouldn't have wanted to been on the field trying to catch them however.

I was glad to see that Graham Clark looked around and found a punter, #10 Brett (I can't remember his last name) had a good first game. I wish that the G-man would give just a little attention to the PAT Kicking. Can you believe it? It's hard to watch. The 2 point conversion should be attempted every time, period.

Its a work in progress, It takes 10 other people to get it done, Didn't see the game ,but go back and look at Allan Greens photos from Farragut. Ball hardly on tee, laces turned around etc,,,, Couple that with the pressure like Bud said hes gonna be fine. He just needs to make one to break the Ice... Trust me on this on Art

BTW #10 is also a QB with a pretty good arm

Wow! What a great game to watch as a fan. If Dobyns-Bennett's receivers' hadnt dropped the ball, the game would have probably ended up differently. DB is going to be alright, i would be surprised if they lose again all year. Good luck to you guys and we will see you next year down here in Clinton! :blink:

The Good:

The OL looked better than last week, although some of that may be due to the fact that Clinton's D isn't as good as Farragut's.

The team fought hard until the end, and at least made a game of this one despite being outgained by ~200 yards.

#32 ran hard and earned every yard he got--God help us if we didn't have him as we probably wouldn't have 100 yards total offense in either game.

#4 had a couple of nice runs on the keeper and kept fighting despite not having a very good game overall.

The punting, while not anything spectacular, was a definite improvement over last week and will be ok if it stays like that.

Great TD catch by #5.

It's hard to find many positives about the D after giving up 500 yards, but they did get pressure on the QB at times and competed hard.

The Bad:

The DL got pushed around pretty good again, especially in the second half.

Dropped balls. Among others, #5 dropped a long gainer on the sideline, and #18 dropped an INT that hit him in the chest.

Tackling was very poor again at times.

Mistakes at the QB position. 9-24 isn't going to get it done most of the time, and there were at least 2 plays where a relatively easy throw to a totally wide open receiver would have resulted in a TD or very long gain (one on our second possession on third down and another one later in the first half to #3 up the middle of the field into the end zone). You put that together with the 2 fumbles lost and it was not a good night at all for #4 despite the couple of nice runs and the one TD pass.

The playcalling wasn't bad overall, but seemed predictable at times, and IMO we need to diversify things a little. Some swing passes to #32 would be a good start (Clinton hurt us with those to Hazlehurst), and I tend to agree with the other poster that we need to get the ball to #1 on offense a couple of times a game somehow. Other than #32 our O doesn't have a ton of talent, and we need to get something out of the one speed merchant we have.

The Ugly:

The placekicking. Ugly is probably being kind at this point, and you can talk about the kicker being in diapers or whatever but the fact is it is non-functional right now. We should go for 2 after every TD and never contemplate another FG. Oh and BTW I do not put all of the blame on the kicker as the blocks looked to me to be a function of how long it took to get the ball down etc. as much as anything.

The Bottom Line:

After watching the first two games, I'm hard pressed to find a single position other than RB where we aren't "down" compared to last year and compared to what we're used to. While most of these kids are fighters (which is good), we simply aren't talented enough to overcome mistakes and beat a good team. Farragut and Clinton both clearly had more talent than we do (especially offensive playmakers), and last night might have looked more like Farragut on the scoreboard but for Clinton shooting itself in the foot with penalties and the fact that its D didn't look as good as Farragut's. The potential good news is I don't think we'll see a team with the offensive talent of those two teams the rest of the way, and I think the rest of our games are winnable IF we play up to our capabilities and don't make mistakes. We need to get a win next week v. Central and go from there. Roll Tribe!