Clinton @ Dobyns Bennett

coonhunter292

Indian fans... we gotta stick this thing out. We owe it to the Coaches, Players, our School to support the Tribe.

We had a bunch of players that had little to no Varisty experience going into the Farragut game. Yes we are not as big as usual upfront on both Offense and Defense. That is a trend that has been going the wrong way for the past 5 seasons now. Our players will get better with each and every game, so long as injuries don't set in. I think we came out of the Farragut game in good shape as far as injuries go.

Our Playoff hopes rest on how we do against the Big 8 Teams. We should have a little more game action by the time those tougher Conference Games come around. I would never count a win before we line up and play it, but in a realistic world, the Indians will have 3 games in Conference that will decide things: SCIENCE HILL, SULLIVAN SOUTH AND TENNESSEE HIGH. In my opinion, it will be toughest in that order.

If the Indians beat Science Hill and take care of business against the teams you would expect, we could loose to South or Tennessee High (maybe even both) and make the Playoffs. I do not think the Indians will loose to South.

Beat Clinton, maybe they will be "draggin" at the end of this game!

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a fact that a lot of people don't remember.The last time we went to Farragut in the playoffs{2007}.We got beat and the stats and score was even a little more ugly.On that team we had {10} first team all big east players.These first two games are two of the hardest out of the gate games that {MOST} Dobyns Bennett teams have ever started with.That could allways change as the season goes along and teams beat up on each other,but for now,Farragut and Clinton are extremly good teams.AS for the rest of the way looking down the schedule,we have some big boys left to play.Sevier county is allways a well coached team and is the last east Tennessee team to win the biggest class state title.I don't care about what we done in the past against South,they are a serious threat to win the 5A state title and I do hope it happens for them.Now if we can't beat a few teams on our schedule,that's different,but Science Hill and Tennessee High have allways given us tough games.I truly hope that we play every game as if they were the best team in the state,because we know you can't line up and run over farragut or throw all day against Maryville,so why not play the weaker teams the same way for practice and getting better ?

Here is a fact that a lot of people don't remember.The last time we went to Farragut in the playoffs{2007}.We got beat and the stats and score was even a little more ugly.On that team we had {10} first team all big east players.These first two games are two of the hardest out of the gate games that {MOST} Dobyns Bennett teams have ever started with.That could allways change as the season goes along and teams beat up on each other,but for now,Farragut and Clinton are extremly good teams.AS for the rest of the way looking down the schedule,we have some big boys left to play.Sevier county is allways a well coached team and is the last east Tennessee team to win the biggest class state title.I don't care about what we done in the past against South,they are a serious threat to win the 5A state title and I do hope it happens for them.Now if we can't beat a few teams on our schedule,that's different,but Science Hill and Tennessee High have allways given us tough games.I truly hope that we play every game as if they were the best team in the state,because we know you can't line up and run over farragut or throw all day against Maryville,so why not play the weaker teams the same way for practice and getting better ?

Good post! :roflol: Just curious, did you play baseball at DB?

No,I played football and baseball at Greeneville a hundred years ago.The other was over the top,I'll leave it at a hundred years ago :roflol:

I remember that game.Didn't Farragut have Andre Sterling and I believe DB"s QB BR threw 3-4 innterceptions?.Nobody stopped Sterling that year.

No,I played football and baseball at Greeneville a hundred years ago.The other was over the top,I'll leave it at a hundred years ago :roflol:

I know one thing for sure. We played a state championship team last friday night. I don't believe Clinton will be as talented as Farragut. DB at home is going to be a different story. I can't help but noticed the confidence in the words of the clinton fans. We are going to be ready come pass or run, the coaches are going to have us ready. Our defense is going to surprise everybody this week, just wait and see. I hope we look like a Watson defense of old. I think this will be a low scoring game maybe 14-10. Roll Tribe Roll................

I know one thing for sure. We played a state championship team last friday night. I don't believe Clinton will be as talented as Farragut. DB at home is going to be a different story. I can't help but noticed the confidence in the words of the clinton fans. We are going to be ready come pass or run, the coaches are going to have us ready. Our defense is going to surprise everybody this week, just wait and see. I hope we look like a Watson defense of old. I think this will be a low scoring game maybe 14-10. Roll Tribe Roll................

It's fine with me that their fans are so confident and they should be.I know our team is working very hard to become better.That's really all the coaches and players can do. I hope Clinton brings their A game this week,and may the best team leave the field with a victory..Farragut may not win another game this year,but they did play us like a state championship team last week.They allso have a class coaching staff that could have put more points on the board but done as we did against Elizabethton last year.Roll Tribe

I'll certainly be there cheering for the Tribe Friday night as well, and I don't think "supporting the team" extends to denying reality as seen with your own eyes. This week and what follows will be very interesting. Will they look better against Clinton than they did against Farragut? If they suffer another loss, especially another decisive loss, can they regroup, or will they struggle all year? I don't view a loss this week as the end of any hope for a successful season, but this team needs to sort some things out and demonstrate that it can play with a good team--abusing our new conference's weak sisters won't prove anything.

The thing about playing for a storied program is that riding on the coattails of talented teams of the past will only take you so far. Opponents may respect (or even fear) your team for its history and tradition, but once the game starts, all that really matters is what this year's team does on this night. And if your opponent senses that on this night the Emperor has no clothes, well, things can get ugly.

I just hope that, win or lose, the Indians show improvement from last week and fight hard to the end. And I'll be there rooting them on, as always. Roll Tribe!

I gotta say Tribal, this is the best post I've read this year about D-B. No way could I have said it better. :roflol: I'm in no way giving up on them, nor have any thoughts about watching anyone else on Friday night, as long as they are still playing.

I think we are going to see a different Clinton team than we did last friday night as well. I dont think we will have any trouble getting fired up for this game.......Clinton 35 DB 17 :roflol:

From what I have seen about you guys,there isn't anything your playbook has left out.I look forward to seeing your fine QB and the rest of the Clinton team friday night.Have a safe trip up to Kingsport .By the way,there will be food in the doom before the game.I think the meal tickets are 8.00 each,the Dobyns Bennett Quarter Back club would love to sale as many BQ sandwitches as posible,so come ready to eat.

I think we are going to see a different Clinton team than we did last friday night as well. I dont think we will have any trouble getting fired up for this game.......Clinton 35 DB 17 :roflol:

From what I have seen about you guys,there isn't anything your playbook has left out.I look forward to seeing your fine QB and the rest of the Clinton team friday night.Have a safe trip up to Kingsport .By the way,there will be food in the doom before the game.I think the meal tickets are 8.00 each,the Dobyns Bennett Quarter Back club would love to sale as many BQ sandwitches as posible,so come ready to eat.It's a lot better than that popcorn you got there :roflol: