Clinton @ Dobyns Bennett

coonhunter292

Ethel,our visitor stands just reach out to about the 37 yard line{ONE WAY},and they are the lightweight cheep things that could be nearly used for a blocking sled.Come early or come after the half when a couple thousand band parents will leave.If I'm wrong,I'll admit it after the game.

thanks for the advice batman, im def gonna try to get there early, so ive heard that you guys really pack the ppl in there, how many ppl u think are gonna be there for fri?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my opinion of the situation. For what its worth. The Farragut game should of been closer, but could of been worse. It should of been 28-21 but could of been 35-8 had Farragut not showed a little mercy at the end. A 28-21 loss would of been respectable and something to build on. But thats not what we got here. Someone said that you improve more between your 1st and 2nd game. I just hope that Clinton didn't here that. It would be nice if we improved and they didn't. I think we had better brace ourselves for a long season. The players are working hard to get better. We've had a good run over the years with lots of top notch athletes with size and speed all over the field. Seems like forever. We've just run up on a time where thats not the case now. We're small and not blessed with a bunch of athletes right now. The coaches have done "some good" and "some not so good". They obviously didn't get the boys in the weight room thats for sure. The speed we have on the team isn't going to get us anywhere when you go up against teams that outweigh you and are just as fast. Im not even going to talk about the play calling or the use or misuse of players. Its like beating a dead horse. This is the first time I can ever remember thinking that we could have a losing season at DB. Expect more of the same friday night.

IF DB FINISHES WITH A LOSING SEASON AND MISSES THE PLAYOFFS, I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF COACH CLARK ANNOUNCED HIS RETIREMENT.

The much talked about home field advantage at DB does not exist. Sure the atmosfere is great but I've never noticed that DB plays any better at home or that the opposing team plays any worse. If anything I'd say the opposing team actually plays better here. And J. Fred is the site of all the famous 1 & done's that you've heard about. I don't think DB's line is going to control the line of scrimmage against anybody this year. Even Volunteer knocked us on our duffs in the Jamboree. We have a good Quarterback and a good running back and a couple of other good players that don't see much action and thats about it. Theres alot going on with the program from top to bottom that just defies logic. We have Jr's and Sr's. that don't know how to tackle and offensive linemen that can't block. Our guys don't look like they've seen a weight room. Im not blaming the players here. This problem goes all the way back to middle school and reaches to the top at DB.

This pretty much sums up where I see things right now too, except I wouldn't say we have a good (or bad) QB yet. One so-so game leaves that issue very much undecided. But if the tackling and line play doesn't improve significantly it wouldn't matter if Peyton Manning was under center.

The much talked about home field advantage at DB does not exist. Sure the atmosfere is great but I've never noticed that DB plays any better at home or that the opposing team plays any worse. If anything I'd say the opposing team actually plays better here. And J. Fred is the site of all the famous 1 & done's that you've heard about. I don't think DB's line is going to control the line of scrimmage against anybody this year. Even Volunteer knocked us on our duffs in the Jamboree. We have a good Quarterback and a good running back and a couple of other good players that don't see much action and thats about it. Theres alot going on with the program from top to bottom that just defies logic. We have Jr's and Sr's. that don't know how to tackle and offensive linemen that can't block. Our guys don't look like they've seen a weight room. Im not blaming the players here. This problem goes all the way back to middle school and reaches to the top at DB.

This pretty much sums up where I see things right now too, except I wouldn't say we have a good (or bad) QB yet. One so-so game leaves that issue very much undecided. But if the tackling and line play doesn't improve significantly it wouldn't matter if Peyton Manning was under center.

Hey DB Fans, you all better stop talking about not having a good offensive line, NETfan will come onto your thread and start saying you are bashing the kids. Just some friendly advice :hungry:

Ethel,our visitor stands just reach out to about the 37 yard line{ONE WAY},and they are the lightweight cheep things that could be nearly used for a blocking sled.Come early or come after the half when a couple thousand band parents will leave.If I'm wrong,I'll admit it after the game.

thanks for the advice batman, im def gonna try to get there early, so ive heard that you guys really pack the ppl in there, how many ppl u think are gonna be there for fri?

We have big home stands,so I'll guess around 6 or 7 thousand at the start.We had an estimated 12 or 13 thousand for a game three years ago.We do have baseball stands that they will let an overflow crowd sit in.If you pull up J Fred stadium,you will see that those seats are about 30 to 50 yards from the closest end of the football field.I've set back there and you can still see the game with a roof over your head in case of rain.The two fields together is why we have such bad visitor seats right now with the new turf.They have not figured out how to lay down plywood and put the cheep seats on down,and build some nice solid stands where the cheep ones are.

My God boys, it was just 1 loss!! Don't go jumping off bridges and quiting on our team... they need our support.

Surely the Indians will be fired up to play at J. Fred Johnson Stadium on Friday Night. The band, the crowd... it will be a good night for the Indians.

Roll Tribe Roll

Wooow there Art......Im not considering jumping off any bridges or giving up on the team. I'll be there Friday night and I'll be supporting the team there as well as on CoachT. Im just sounding the alarm and Im pretty sure what I have posted is correct. I would not be supporting the team if I just sit here and kept quite about what is so obvious. We'll talk again after Friday nights game.

It seems from reading that Clinton runs the spread. If Clinton runs it like South then the only choice is to pick your poison and hope your own offense can keep up. With one exception....I think Watson had the quantitative answer to that one. DB has the patent on the spread killer i.e. 2006. Is Chris injury prone? If not then he needs to play D also. Look at Clinton's history. How many times did they fumble last year...the year before. If they protect the ball well then make them pass. 3 things can happen when you throw the ball.

Knox West did something against South that would be my first line for the secondary if I were a coach. They played bump-n-run. They slowed our WR's just enough that our QB had to make alternate decisions. That just so happens to be his forte' but not commonly so with most HS QB's. The problem with their bump-n-run technique was that it was not ruthless enough. If the WR is slowed it's one thing but if he is grounded then he is out of the picture. Couple that with DB's patented Watson 2006 method and IMO you have a workable situation. If Clinton is smart they will run it down your throat all night but the temptation to work on their passing game is a treat they will want to get under their belt before week 3. Like I said, choose your poison. As well you must develop new go to athletes now. Just a Southers view. I wish you good fortune with Clinton and I would love to see the game. With the right manipulation I feel you are in the game.

You really do make a valid point.... actually thats an awesome idea for making a spread team one sided... bumping the recievers and slowing them down might be DB's only chance at taking some of Clintons weapons away... but once again if Clinton has to run it down your throat, believe me they will... Ask Halls

I appreciate your excitement for the game, but i wouldnt get on here talking smack if i were you kidd. I hope you are right.....i hope Clinton will come away with a win friday night, but Kingsport is a tough place to play and come away with a win. I dont think you are old enough to really appreciate who DB really is. DB will be ready to play friday night, Clinton just needs to show up and be ready to play themselves. Clinton didnt really impress me last week at Halls.....a couple of players had a really good game, but as a whole......I think Clinton didnt show up ready to play last week and we really need to show up this week if we are going to come away with a win. GO DRAGONS!!!!!

this is my first time on here and i really dont think thekidd is talking smack he is just pointing out that if the pass game doesnt work Clinton will run the ball. I dont really think its talking smack, hes just trying to read into the game and just braging on his team. He is doing nothing but stating his believes. Im not Clinton or DB fan but these are two great teams. I think anyone that has lived in TN for any amount of time will know who DB is. I think everyone also knows what kind of athlets Clinton brings to the table. I think that this will be a high scoring game and could go in to extra quarters. I cant say really who will win this one cause i think it will be close. To great teams with great players. I think i might go...dragon i live in knoxville what time do you think i should leave if i go to this game? how long does it take to get there?

this is my first time on here and i really dont think thekidd is talking smack he is just pointing out that if the pass game doesnt work Clinton will run the ball. I dont really think its talking smack, hes just trying to read into the game and just braging on his team. He is doing nothing but stating his believes. Im not Clinton or DB fan but these are two great teams. I think anyone that has lived in TN for any amount of time will know who DB is. I think everyone also knows what kind of athlets Clinton brings to the table. I think that this will be a high scoring game and could go in to extra quarters. I cant say really who will win this one cause i think it will be close. To great teams with great players. I think i might go...dragon i live in knoxville what time do you think i should leave if i go to this game? how long does it take to get there?

We are leaving the school at 4:30. It usually takes between 2 and 2 1/2 hours to get there. If you dont feel like driving up there, you can ride a bus for $25 and that includes your ticket also. You have to go by the highschool between 8:45-2:30 i think to buy a ticket. There are several people that dont want to drive that far, so they are just going to take the bus. Hope to see you there!

I'll certainly be there cheering for the Tribe Friday night as well, and I don't think "supporting the team" extends to denying reality as seen with your own eyes. This week and what follows will be very interesting. Will they look better against Clinton than they did against Farragut? If they suffer another loss, especially another decisive loss, can they regroup, or will they struggle all year? I don't view a loss this week as the end of any hope for a successful season, but this team needs to sort some things out and demonstrate that it can play with a good team--abusing our new conference's weak sisters won't prove anything.

The thing about playing for a storied program is that riding on the coattails of talented teams of the past will only take you so far. Opponents may respect (or even fear) your team for its history and tradition, but once the game starts, all that really matters is what this year's team does on this night. And if your opponent senses that on this night the Emperor has no clothes, well, things can get ugly.

I just hope that, win or lose, the Indians show improvement from last week and fight hard to the end. And I'll be there rooting them on, as always. Roll Tribe!