Clinton @ Dobyns Bennett

coonhunter292

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will see one more offense that compares to the first two,South.Their QB broke the school record for yards passing last night{380}.I don't have an answer for what you can do against a team like Farragut,but we had more than a chance to win last night.We need nice long drives and score like we did a couple of times last night.You can never turn the ball over against a good team and have to be lucky against a great team.I knew from the start we would be hard pressed to compete with Farragut and Clinton would take our best effort.Once again,we had { 10 } all big East players when they ran for about 350 yards against us at Farragut in 2007,{ 10 }.It would be nice to have all the great players on our team from the past, we would than be 1-1 with them...Right now.I just want this team to come out and win some games while getting better.Roll Tribe

Its a work in progress, It takes 10 other people to get it done, Didn't see the game ,but go back and look at Allan Greens photos from Farragut. Ball hardly on tee, laces turned around etc,,,, Couple that with the pressure like Bud said hes gonna be fine. He just needs to make one to break the Ice... Trust me on this on Art

BTW #10 is also a QB with a pretty good arm

Homey... I know, we are young all over the field. I have been thinking about the PAT situation. #3 Steele was the holder last season and we didn't have many issues on PAT's, not sure but we made more than 90%. I watch the snaps and there not great, a little high, but all of them except the one that Steele ran in for 2 has been handled and put down.

If the Center was rolling the ball back to the holder, they would change Centers.. If the holder was dropping the snaps, missing the tee, they would change holders... for the most part, those 2 jobs are getting done ok. Is the line blocking good enough? Watch the kicking in Pre-Game.

#10 Brett Anderson, it is. He is a very good athlete and has great size.

HOW ABOUT THAT D-B STUDENT BODY AND BAND? The very best spirit and support in the G-Man era... chantin', choppin, yellin' and cheering all game long. The DB Crowd was a good one and they showed a lot of support for the Tribe.

Conference Schedule starts next week.

Roll Tribe Roll

HOW ABOUT THAT D-B STUDENT BODY AND BAND? The very best spirit and support in the G-Man era... chantin', choppin, yellin' and cheering all game long. The DB Crowd was a good one and they showed a lot of support for the Tribe.

Totally agree and should have mentioned that as part of the Good--the students and band definitely did their part last night!

Isn't it ironic that we all have been talking about the need to play a tougher non-conference schedule? Be careful what you ask for. Now we're 0-2 and these young players have no confidence at all. I think I would just as soon played Cherokee and Jeff Co. and been 2-0 with a world of confidence going into the conference schedule.

"no confidence at all"? that's crazy. they should be proud of how they played tonite. Clinton is a very good team and DB went toe-to-toe with them. Much improvement over last week. If there's anything the team doesn't need is overconfidence because they beat a couple of easy teams instead of the current situation. Tough non-conference games are just what this young team needs. No confidence? dry.gif If true, take a look at the coach real hard.

I know GC is doing everything in his power to keep their heads up, but these are 15 and 16 year old boys in a program that is not use to being 0-2. Why should they be proud of critical penalties, dropped passes, two lost fumbles, and two botched PAT's? I think they're a long way from overconfidence.

Isn't it ironic that we all have been talking about the need to play a tougher non-conference schedule? Be careful what you ask for. Now we're 0-2 and these young players have no confidence at all. I think I would just as soon played Cherokee and Jeff Co. and been 2-0 with a world of confidence going into the conference schedule.

DB needs tough out of conference games. Like you said, these are 15 to 16 year old kids. Give them Cherokee and Jefferson County and they go 9-1 or 10-0 this year ; the media will rank them #1 in the state and these kids may buy into that. They go into the playoffs thinking that all they need to do is show up...then they get beat. These first two games will show the players that have some work to do if they want to be considered the best. If they played Cherokee and Jefferson County (both teams are 0-2 thus far) it's possible that they wouldn't even face a team that has one win on their record until Week 3 or 4. Wins over 3, thusfar, winless teams would misleadingly give these kids that unstoppable feeling.

In my opinion, recent history has shown that an easy schedule and 10-0 seasons haven't helped DB. In 2007, they started out what..1-2 or 1-3 and eventually made it to the second round of the playoffs. Maybe this year's team is down or maybe it's just that they faced two tough teams.

I agree with THS.....to be the best, you have to play the best. Besides Sullivan South, Farragut & Clinton are probably the two best teams DB will play durning the regular season. Playing these teams will only make DB that much better. Would you rather go 10-0 in the regular season and then lose in the first round of the playoffs, or would you rather finish 8-2 or 7-3 and possibly go to the semi finals or championship? I know that playing Farragut and Clinton doesnt mean that you will automatically make it that far in the playoffs, but at least it gives you a better feel for what type of team you really do have. Good luck the rest of this season!

Homey... I know, we are young all over the field. I have been thinking about the PAT situation. #3 Steele was the holder last season and we didn't have many issues on PAT's, not sure but we made more than 90%.

Roll Tribe Roll

Steele was not the holder last season - James Templeton was the holder for the past 2 years - Steele held for maybe 1 or 2 PATs last year after the starters were out of the game, that was it.

I agree with THS.....to be the best, you have to play the best. Besides Sullivan South, Farragut & Clinton are probably the two best teams DB will play durning the regular season. Playing these teams will only make DB that much better. Would you rather go 10-0 in the regular season and then lose in the first round of the playoffs, or would you rather finish 8-2 or 7-3 and possibly go to the semi finals or championship? I know that playing Farragut and Clinton doesnt mean that you will automatically make it that far in the playoffs, but at least it gives you a better feel for what type of team you really do have. Good luck the rest of this season!

My concern is not going deep in the playoffs. My concern is will we even make the playoffs. If we lose to Science Hill (the only other 6A school in Big 8) our season may be over unless we get an "at large" bid, and being 0-2 doesn't help that arguement much now does it.