Clinton @ Dobyns Bennett

coonhunter292

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we did'nt learn anything from the Farragut game we are in trouble. Run,run,run,and run again. That is all we did. When we started passing the ball we moved it. We should come out passing and pass some more. Having said that , throw it to the people who are going to catch the ball. Way to many dropped passes that should have been caught. Pass and open up the run. Sometimes you have to run to open the pass,we are the exception. Every team we play is going to load the box to stop Sensabaugh. Our offensive line was dominated in Farragut. We should'nt have that problem again in the regular season but we must get a lot better. I was pleased with the QB play, Roop made some good decissions and took off when he needed to. Chris had a couple good runs, but it was all him. Jason played great on defense, but i saw a few guys who looked like a punter trying to make tackles. Defensive backs played pretty good, Roop punted well but surely in that entire school we could find a field goal kicker. The best way to describe that Farragut team is to imagine the South offensive on steroids(literally). Those guys looked like a college team. They will be tough to handle.

Well im not gonna write em off just yet, but im not gonna sugar coat it either. Some positives from the way I saw it..GREAT turnout by the hard cores! I had to sit on Farraguts side and watch, I sat up high so I really got a great look at the game. Qb looked good to me...good decisions making. C S looked good after he fought through his own line to get free. The run by D S was a thing of beauty..and 13 played a good game. Thats it.

Now the bad. We have no line on either side of the ball. A couple of individuals looked good there, but thats no good unless the rest can contribute. I dont ever remember seeing D-Bs line on both sides getting spanked that bad except for the great Halls team that dominated them in the Dome years ago. The line was shoved into the backfield before the handoff many times. You know C S is in trouble when he starts having to juke right after taking the ball... As for the rest of the defense..that might be the worst tackling team i've ever seen. ..all arms and no wrapping up the legs. Im with you DB91 on the kicking game. When this kids a senior he will be really good i think, but there has to be a soccer player somewhere in the school that can walk in and play.

Combined attempts for the speed on the team..Steele looked good the 2-3 times he touched the ball, and the fastest player on the team? DID BROWN EVEN GET IN THE GAME?... except to stand at the goal line and see the kicker kick it 10 yrds deep in the endzone. Overall grade? D-( except for the play of a very few) We're in some serious dodo.

tribal_spear_clr.gif

This needs to be a very physical week of Football practice. Time to find out who can play and who can't. If the big boys on the line can't get it done then let's put some smaller quicker kids in and see what happens. Maybe this will motivate them. Our line is big but we need to get aggresive.Coaches, your going to have to get Brown on the field. Put in a double back formation in shotgun and we can do all kinds of things(much like the South offense). I think the main focus this week is to run their butts off and teach tackeling 101. And first and foremost lets let the playmakers make the plays. And our receivers are going to have to catch the ball. I don't know how many passes were dropped Friday night.

Time to step up or shut up. Roll Tribe Roll..................

Sorry, was meant for Farragut vs D-B thread.

Here is my questions and take on the game. First, Why in the world would you run the ball 90% percent of the time to your week side? Also, why in the world would you try to send your RB up the middle when the defense was collapsing it? It's obvious it was not working yet we did it over and over!! If you watch the O-line you can see who's doing their job but it takes them all. Roop, had several good throws but he's gonna have to exicute his handoffs faster. The Play calling is taking way, way to long. What happened to signals, why run to the side line everytime? Why not use a outside sweep with Chris? He is extremely fast and once going hard to take down. Pitch it to him and let him go. The passing game worked just mix it up. It's like a pattern if it worked once they did it again.

Now the Defense, Absolutley NO tackling!! We are small and they were bigger but if you wrap the legs their going no where. All I saw was our guys throwing their bodies in to them and then bouncing off. The same goes here, a couple are doing their job but it takes them all. I even saw a play were our guy pretty much jumped on the guys back like he was gonna take a ride. The fullback was big, probably 210

and they keep useing him over and over because it was working. Now why in the world would you not put some of the big boys on the line to stop it up??? I know they don't really want to play them both ways but sometimes in some situations you may have to. This was a perfect example, the fullback was to big for our normal d-line to handle. Last, our corner is gonna have to get to the plays and make them.

I think Clark is a great coach but I wish they would put Ryan Wagner or Daddy Wagner up in the booth and let them call the plays down. Let's learn from this guys.........ROLL TRIBE

I'm normally optimistic at this stage of a season, but right now I just don't have a warm, fuzzy feeling about this team. Being outgained by more than 3 to 1 should be unaccepatable to the coaching staff, regardless of their youth. It pains me to say this but seeing how well South and Science Hill played, it is a very real possiblility that DB doesn't even make the playoffs this year. Remember with this new classification, if they lose to SH, they could miss the playoffs for the first time in many years. We better hope that GC makes a quantum leap with this team before next week or we will be looking at 0-2.

Sorry, was meant for Farragut vs D-B thread.

Here is my questions and take on the game. First, Why in the world would you run the ball 90% percent of the time to your week side? Also, why in the world would you try to send your RB up the middle when the defense was collapsing it? It's obvious it was not working yet we did it over and over!! If you watch the O-line you can see who's doing their job but it takes them all. Roop, had several good throws but he's gonna have to exicute his handoffs faster. The Play calling is taking way, way to long. What happened to signals, why run to the side line everytime? Why not use a outside sweep with Chris? He is extremely fast and once going hard to take down. Pitch it to him and let him go. The passing game worked just mix it up. It's like a pattern if it worked once they did it again.

Now the Defense, Absolutley NO tackling!! We are small and they were bigger but if you wrap the legs their going no where. All I saw was our guys throwing their bodies in to them and then bouncing off. The same goes here, a couple are doing their job but it takes them all. I even saw a play were our guy pretty much jumped on the guys back like he was gonna take a ride. The fullback was big, probably 210

and they keep useing him over and over because it was working. Now why in the world would you not put some of the big boys on the line to stop it up??? I know they don't really want to play them both ways but sometimes in some situations you may have to. This was a perfect example, the fullback was to big for our normal d-line to handle. Last, our corner is gonna have to get to the plays and make them.

I think Clark is a great coach but I wish they would put Ryan Wagner or Daddy Wagner up in the booth and let them call the plays down. Let's learn from this guys.........ROLL TRIBE

if their fullback was big (210) and gave you guys fits it might be a long night, clintons star running back is about 210 and has pretty good speed, great feet and hands and hits like a semi. rushed for 190 yds and 2 td's last week against a pretty good halls D, from what i hear im pickin clinton in a shooot-out 33-27.

DB and Clinton have only played one other time. I believe the year was 1974 and DB won 27-0 i think.

One thing that might help Clinton is i dont think DB knows alot about us. We know alot about DB because of them playing Oak Ridge all the time. Our players and coaches have alot of respect for DB and know what they are capable of doing. I have heard that it is very difficult to go to Kingsport and win. This is my first trip up to DB so i am looking forward to it!

GO DRAGONS!!!!!!

DB and Clinton have only played one other time. I believe the year was 1974 and DB won 27-0 i think.

One thing that might help Clinton is i dont think DB knows alot about us. We know alot about DB because of them playing Oak Ridge all the time. Our players and coaches have alot of respect for DB and know what they are capable of doing. I have heard that it is very difficult to go to Kingsport and win. This is my first trip up to DB so i am looking forward to it!

GO DRAGONS!!!!!!

DB is a wonderful atmosphere for high school football, but....the visitor stands are horrible. Get there early! After seeing what happened to DB and Farragut (shocking!!) I'll say Clinton 28 / DB 14. Good luck to Clinton. You better get it done this year.

Clinton's offensive strength (passing) plays to the Indians stong suit on Defense (the secondary). That could be fun to watch.

Spear, about the arm tackling against Farragut. In my opionion, after the Admirals scored on the opening drive of the second half, DB was trying to strip the ball the rest of the game. And it made for some very poor tackeling indeed. #31 for Farragut is a hoss, but all of their RB's were good and fast.

Time to earn your keep G Man, we are pulling for you.

Roll Tribe Roll