Dyersburg vs. Covington Sept. 4

trojanfan001

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trojans are under-sized as usual ..will come fast packing a whollop ..be very wary when the Trojans are in the house!!

Black Watch Defense !

We Are Brothers !!

One Heartbeat !!

GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!

Thanks, but I was looking less for slogans and more for the type of offense you run, skill players I should watch for, and the strengths and weaknesses of your team.

For example, the Chargers will run mostly from the wing-T. We have a fullback who is pretty tough, and I understand that we will have an offensive surprise for Dyersburg this week. I don't think I should say any more on that, though, until you see it on Friday.

The Charger run defense is pretty stout, and we need to improve in the secondary, although I believe that Munford's success in the air was primarily due to the outstanding play of one receiver for them. Hopefully, most high school teams will not have a guy that skilled.

The Covington placekicker came over from soccer,and will be excellent this year. He had some first-game jitters, but was fine once he settled down and he kicked OK again last week.

You can expect the Chargers to be in great shape, and we will not wear out late in games like we did last year. We have a real coach now, guys.

Trojans are under-sized as usual ..will come fast packing a whollop ..be very wary when the Trojans are in the house!!

Black Watch Defense !

We Are Brothers !!

One Heartbeat !!

GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!

Thanks, but I was looking less for slogans and more for the type of offense you run, skill players I should watch for, and the strengths and weaknesses of your team.

For example, the Chargers will run mostly from the wing-T. We have a fullback who is pretty tough, and I understand that we will have an offensive surprise for Dyersburg this week. I don't think I should say any more on that, though, until you see it on Friday.

The Charger run defense is pretty stout, and we need to improve in the secondary, although I believe that Munford's success in the air was primarily due to the outstanding play of one receiver for them. Hopefully, most high school teams will not have a guy that skilled.

The Covington placekicker came over from soccer,and will be excellent this year. He had some first-game jitters, but was fine once he settled down and he kicked OK again last week.

You can expect the Chargers to be in great shape, and we will not wear out late in games like we did last year. We have a real coach now, guys.

Chargerfan, I hear that D-Burg is a lot like us, don't throw the ball much and relay on the run. I also hear they have a really really fast running back. I know Dyer passed the ball on them fairly good, but I don't know if that helps Covington or not. I think it will be a better game than most would think. If Covington can find any offence at all they sould be able to stay in the game. I also agree that the kicker is going to be just fine. He made that 35 yd extra point last week. Too bad he had to. lol

Dyersburg's base offense is the I formation. We have a very good offensive line and maybe the fastest running back around. He had 265 yards and 5 tds in the first game. We can throw the ball good enough to keep you honest. Our back up QB started game 1 and played very well. The starter has been released from the doctor but I do not know if he will play. Our run defense should be good with good lineman and LBs. Sort of hard to tell since DC only ran the ball 2 times but we have several returning from last year. I expect a low scoring game with the team who makes the fewest mistakes to win.

If you plan on moving the ball against D'burg, you better come up with some offense!!!!!Fullback dive and QB keeper off the option look with no pitch won't get you any further than it did against Munford. Munford put 9 within 3 yds of the LOS and you couldn't answer. (Couldn't pass period..didn't make an effort when your backs were against the wall.) Think that might scream volumes to D'burg? You'll be lucky to get out alive if changes aren't made...and quickly.

If you plan on moving the ball against D'burg, you better come up with some offense!!!!!Fullback dive and QB keeper off the option look with no pitch won't get you any further than it did against Munford. Munford put 9 within 3 yds of the LOS and you couldn't answer. (Couldn't pass period..didn't make an effort when your backs were against the wall.) Think that might scream volumes to D'burg? You'll be lucky to get out alive if changes aren't made...and quickly.

Visionaire I see you have strong support for Covington is this game lol.

See my previous post. Expect a surprise in the Covington "O" vs. D'burg. I am not at liberty to say what, at this point.

Dyersburg won 42-7. Covington lost 3 fumbles which resulted in Dyersburg touchdowns. Covington seems to have a decent game plan going into the game but they have been outscored in the 2nd half in each of their 3 games this year. Not sure if it's lack of talent being able to execute the offensive coordinators plays or if the offensive coordinator is not making the adjustments at half time. Either way Covington better find an offense if it expects to win anymore games this year. As far as Dyersburg is concerned they have an excellent running attack and a pretty nice passing game. Charger fans are going to have to keep the faith and look to their future because I didn't see any improvement in Covington's game this week compared to last weeks loss to Munford