Midway @ Wartburg

banjo

I could be wrong, but I don't see Midway winning this one 24-6. IF the dogs do cut down on turnovers and mistakes, I think this is anybody's ballgame. Sorry Coalfield guy, but I don't think this is a typical jacket team this year either from what I've seen-I see a lot of youth and inexperience. Granted,Coalfield has a good coaching staff; but Wartburg's is no slouch either. I think Wartburg's defensive line and linebackers are as good as anybody's in the area. What they lack in speed they make up for in being very physical and playing hard. I honestly look for a good game Friday.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turnovers are a direct result of coaching or a lack of it. Ill go for the team with the more solid staff and in this one that Midway by far.

Actually you can teach good ball handling skills & have strip drills & things like that, but I do not believe that the coaches are the ones fumbling or throwing interceptions on the field. Now, maybe they need to work with their QB on read progressions & that might help on the interception side of it. My only problem with the coaching this past friday night was that when the defense gave the offense the ball inside the 5 trailing by 2 in the 3rd quarter the offense couldnt take advantage of it. I think that may have been coaching, why couldnt we call the right plays to get in? & then again maybe Monterey just bowed their necks & said we're stopping you.

You apparently dont realize how many good coaches are on the staff at Wartburg, I know theres probably a few daddies out there that may not know much, but doing all they can to help thats the case at most small schools. But there are also a few guys that have coached for years.

If your team turns the ball over 9 times that is a lack of preparation. Coach Kries would have killed us if we had done that. It was simply not allowed. You guys at wartburg wouldn't understand something like that because with tradition comes responsibility. Without tradition comes well what you guys have now.

Bledsoe looked to be a good team to me. You guys just worry about Midway then we'll get together a little later. Last year was a fluke and I would venture to say this year will be a bit different

hmm.... tradition? arent we beating coalfield in the wartburg vs. coalfield tradition? :thumb: you can shut up now and go back to your coalfield thread. or is there not one? well anyways good news about jenkins. maybe be back this friday. it all depends on the swelling. if not this friday then for sure next. dont get to xcited county teams, he will be back. now back to midway.. i think wartburg will fix the turnver issues this week. ultimately i dont think any team after that many turnovers will repeat. they will hold on to the ball alot better. just come out and support and things will be just fine. good luck to the dogs. :thumb:

If your team turns the ball over 9 times that is a lack of preparation. Coach Kries would have killed us if we had done that. It was simply not allowed. You guys at wartburg wouldn't understand something like that because with tradition comes responsibility. Without tradition comes well what you guys have now.

Bledsoe looked to be a good team to me. You guys just worry about Midway then we'll get together a little later. Last year was a fluke and I would venture to say this year will be a bit different

fluke? defense puttin up a shut out and Hamby with a 150 rushing yards doesn't sound to much like a fluke to me. in fact, coalfields biggest gain in yards all night was a fumbled interception wartburg had. haha

Podge, I hate to be the one who breaks it to you, but Coach Kries is gone, and HE was your tradition.

It's a new ball game now, I'd be careful how you call out other teams, when your own team is struggling, and could be for some time. All teams have their peaks and valleys.

Very nicely put, Wildcatback. I couldn't agree more. Coalfield has had a rich tradition for years, all the way back to the days when I played against them; but it's a new era in Coaltown and I think people should try to work to support the current coach and maybe build a new line of tradition except to when it comes to beating Wartburg of course! :mellow: