Midway @ Wartburg

banjo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gogetta,

You are pulling the we are ahead in the overall series record argument. so you beat us a bunch in 1950 that is not a valid way to state anything. Lets look at the record of the two in the last 5 years. Wartburg is 1-900 during that time and i am sorry but it was a fluke that you beat us last year. The staff down there is going to pull it out this year and that coach of yours is hardly a great one what is he 1-20 as a head coach, and wasn't he Larry Davis asst also. I guess you could say he has been around for the entire time to go 1-90000 so don't say your staff is better than anyones and don't act like you have a tradition to build on.

Midway 28 Wartburg 6

Coalfield 21 Wartburg 12

There are two predictions for the bulldog dillusionals sorry bulldog fans

Gogetta,

You are pulling the we are ahead in the overall series record argument. so you beat us a bunch in 1950 that is not a valid way to state anything. Lets look at the record of the two in the last 5 years. Wartburg is 1-900 during that time and i am sorry but it was a fluke that you beat us last year. The staff down there is going to pull it out this year and that coach of yours is hardly a great one what is he 1-20 as a head coach, and wasn't he Larry Davis asst also. I guess you could say he has been around for the entire time to go 1-90000 so don't say your staff is better than anyones and don't act like you have a tradition to build on.

Midway 28 Wartburg 6

Coalfield 21 Wartburg 12

There are two predictions for the bulldog dillusionals sorry bulldog fans

Your math skills really do show you are a Coalfield Grad. Shame they don't teach y'all to read write and do math as well as play ball. Since this is a Midway Wartburg Thread, I will limit my Coalfield comments to these 2.

1) The current staff at Wartburg has made great strides in getting players on the field and ready to play. No way you turn the ball over as much as they did and still have a chance at the end unless coaches are working hard and kids are working harder. That staff has a good blend of older coaches and younger ones as well. All are working hard to make kids better. As for the head coach, Coach Shoe, he has been an assistant for several head coaches both here in Tennessee and in North Carolina. I am sure he learned something from all of them.

2) If you want to get on here and throw rocks, start a different thread. This one is about Midway and Wartburg on Friday night. Coach Shoe's record at Wartburg is 1-10. That win came against the Yellow Jackets. Now remember where you heard this because you can call it what you want, but last year was not an upset, it was not a fluke, it was an old fashioned butt whipping. The 19 play drive in the forth quarter sealed the deal. At the end, conditioning and preparation won the game. This years game will be a good one as well. I hope the Yellow Jackets are as fired up and ready as they can be. But don't get on here and talk like it can never happen again because it has happened many times before. The team that plays the hardest, hits the best and makes the fewest mistakes will win.

Now on to Midway Wartburg, if the dogs can limit mistakes and play great defense, they will have a good chance in this one.

Wartburg 21 Midway 7

I believe if Wartburg was a little better on offence, they would be tough. Midway is pretty good. Losing in the first game can set the tone for the rest of the season. That's what happened to Monterey last year. It's hard to get up, when you start out 0-2. Been there, got the tshirt.