Millington and Olive Branch

trojanarmy

Don't bet the ranch against Melrose. They turned the ball over 5 or 6 times early and then came back in a roar against CBHS throwing for almost 400 yds. There is a certain pride when those kids put the gold helmets on, unlike many, many other teams. The question in my mind is how will playing at Jackson affect the Wildcats?

One other thought albeit early. Don't bet the ranch on S. Panola against MUS either. Sorry to deviate and get away from the Millington discussions...Just thought I'd throw out my 2 cents.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok looking at the past seasons there were some very bad seasons like (2001 4-7) and (2002 1-9)... Then Millington gets some play makers and the Wing-T works but now there is isnt really any quick enough/play makers on this team to make the Wing-T work as it did the few previous yrs. A coach needs to learn new strategies to become a better coach. When things arent working you simply dont keep on trying to do the same thing. I guess im hard headed and look at things diff from you guys but he really needs to work on other plays other than running the ball up the middle or around the corner. As i witnessed against MUS only a few running plays netted positive yardage. Millington only made 2 first downs that game. They knew what to do to stop us and we kept on running the ball with out making any progress. This will most likely be a rough season if Millington doesnt change something for this yr to make it work and if not every team will load the box knowing that Millington will run run run ... Maybe pass here and there... I spoke to a few players who said they work on things in practice but never run it. Hank likes to run the same plays numerous of times during the game. There is no Eric Knowlton, Travis Simpson, and Holmes alot of those plays will not work like it has before.

Ok looking at the past seasons there were some very bad seasons like (2001 4-7) and (2002 1-9)... Then Millington gets some play makers and the Wing-T works but now there is isnt really any quick enough/play makers on this team to make the Wing-T work as it did the few previous yrs. A coach needs to learn new strategies to become a better coach. When things arent working you simply dont keep on trying to do the same thing. I guess im hard headed and look at things diff from you guys but he really needs to work on other plays other than running the ball up the middle or around the corner. As i witnessed against MUS only a few running plays netted positive yardage. Millington only made 2 first downs that game. They knew what to do to stop us and we kept on running the ball with out making any progress. This will most likely be a rough season if Millington doesnt change something for this yr to make it work and if not every team will load the box knowing that Millington will run run run ... Maybe pass here and there... I spoke to a few players who said they work on things in practice but never run it. Hank likes to run the same plays numerous of times during the game. There is no Eric Knowlton, Travis Simpson, and Holmes alot of those plays will not work like it has bafore.

The more I read the comments from Millington's fans, the more I'm convinced that Friday's game vs Olive Branch is gonna closely resemble Millington's game vs MUS.

Olive Branch is GUARANTEED to load the box with 8 to 9 players, the entire game, and DARE Millington to beat them via the pass......OB has some very speedy, athletic defensive players, beginning with their linemen. This often makes it extremely difficult on an offense (especially a 1-dimensional, run-oriented one) to keep the "chains" moving often enough, to outscore their opponent.

Personally, I'm pulling for our Tennessee team to defeat Olive Branch, Mississippi. Realistically, I just don't think it's gonna happen.

.....sorry, Millington fans-- I'm just keepin' it real.

Don't bet the ranch against Melrose. They turned the ball over 5 or 6 times early and then came back in a roar against CBHS throwing for almost 400 yds. There is a certain pride when those kids put the gold helmets on, unlike many, many other teams. The question in my mind is how will playing at Jackson affect the Wildcats?

One other thought albeit early. Don't bet the ranch on S. Panola against MUS either. Sorry to deviate and get away from the Millington discussions...Just thought I'd throw out my 2 cents.

Excellent points, Visionaire!

Trojan fans lets face it we got a good old fashion butt whopping placed on us by a very good team. MUS was solid all the way around. They were much better prepared than we were. I agree with alot of the commenets and observations made by many of you. Coach Hawkins is going to run what he knows it is no secret. We dare teams to stop us which is great until they do then the coach can not or will not make adjustments. As has been evident the last two years in the playoffs. You can't tell me the coachs on top of the press box have not sent reccommendations to the sideline about plays or changes that could be made. Putting in a complete new scheme is not going to happen. We will still have a good year and I am confident we will make it to the playoffs. I'm sure that the Trojan faithful will continue to support our players and coachs. This will be a test for our players who have known nothing but success in the regular season the last couple of years. After talking to many of the players they know that failure or success of this season will be measured at the end.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

I'm gonna tell u why Millington got blown out Friday and why they will get blown out again... It's called not playin yo biggest and best players! I was on the Millington side in the first half there was a boy, # 63, I swear he was 6'4" or 6'5" at least 290 to 300 lbs... He got no clock... They were playin 5'11" 220 lineman! Also they should have kept #9 in at receiver... He was 6'5"... they could thrown him a few jump balls... They should of let #7 stay at QB the whole game... # 44, 2 and 3 should of not left the field on offense nor defense... Honestly if Millington gets their Personnel right, they will probabaly win their region, but if they wanna play people who got no size, speed and limited talent they will continue to get thrashed!

#63 (George Harris) is indeed a rather large young man. 6'3 315. But he must not have been able to beat out the other linemen in practice otherwise he would be starting. I can assure you of that. As far as everyone else goes, we usually use different receivers to run in plays. #9 (Reggie Nicholson) is playing football for the first time this year. He has been on the basketball team the last 3 years. That's why they weren't in there all the time. #2 (Pat Washington) and #3 (Demetre Jones) both played both ways most of the game and #44(Tyrell Garner) is only playing one way right now because they are trying to make sure he is fresh on the offensive side of the ball.

trojanarmy, I agree with you about the but whipping and they were a good team. The problem is in the truth of what you said....they were much better prepared than we were....why? If something is not working a good coach will spot it and make adjustments....is that done well with the trojans? The last two years playoffs were a great example of that......The press box coaches were sending recommendations to the coaches and they were ignored, that is part of the reason one of them isnt around anymore (CM).