Cyclones @ Toppers! Week 1

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hill did a nice job against Soddy Daisy on Friday. They limited the All Region 2 5A rb to 30 yds on 16 carries. They will fight for 4 quarters even if they are trailing, which they were on three occasions Friday. I think both teams will be able to put points on the board, but I'm gonna have to go with Science Hill in this one.

SH 28

Betsy 21

Science Hill plays more like a team than they have the last two years. No one is waiting for the "star" to make a big play rather they are all working hard to do their part. The defense is young but as they showed Friday night they will never quit and the coaches do a good job in making adjustments.

The offense looks good at times and not so good at other times but when they put it all together they will be hard to beat.

This is Elizabethton which is always a close hard fought game so I will predict SH 20 Elizabethton 17.

O.K. Ive done my research on both teams this year and I cant say for sure who the better team is which is a little different than years past! Science Hill seemed suspect on pass defense but really tough against the run! Elizabethton really looked good after the first quarter and let up in the second half but the was Volunteer not Soddy Daisy! So heres what Ive come up with,Cyclones have speed to burn,the Toppers are crazy blitzers from all directions,so if the Cyclones contain the blitz for some good runs and open up the pass thay could very easily win!On the other hand if the Toppers shut down the run and make the Cyclones one demonitional then look out Toppers could win! Oh but wait what about the weather,calling for rain does this slow the Cyclones speed or make it harder for the toppers to grab hold of them! All in all watch out for a barnburner from start to finish!

Cyclones-----24

Toppers------21 On a late feild goal! :popcorneater:

Go Cyclones!

This one is tough to call. I liked the Cyclones' chances on a dry field, but it looks like we may have a "mud bowl", which I believe slows the Cyclones and favors the Toppers. Elizabethton did not need to throw much against Volunteer, so we have not seen their passing game yet. It may be tough to throw effectively tonight. If it dries off and we avoid rain tonight, I think Betsy wins 27-20. If it is sloppy, I think the homestanding Toppers squeeze out a 20-17 win. Stay dry and go Cyclones!!!!!