WHITEHAVEN vs. FAIRLEY

lasal2000

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitehaven 27 -- Fairley 6

Don't be fooled by Fairley's blow-out win over Westood, a perennial "cupcake;" Fairley simply does NOT have a very good team this year!

To be fair TraderB ... didn't Whitehaven beat up on a "cupcake" too? I mean ... Hamilton is a 6A school ... but when is the last time they fielded a winning team?

Don't get me wrong ... you already know who I'm pulling for ... I'm a Whitehaven Tiger untill I die. But your statement could be misconstrued if taken in the wrong context. That being said, I'm expecting those mighty Whitehaven Tigers to prevail but I am concerned about Fairley. This is a neighborhood rivalry and you can throw stats and record books out the window. This will be a dogfight. I think Fairley may have played a little uninspired in the first half against Westwood. Focus and inspiration will not be an issue come this Friday. This is for bragging rights. Heck ... these schools are in the same neighborhood ... this ain't your regular ole high school football game. This is Auburn vs Bama. This is the "Red River Shootout" (Texas vs Oklahoma). This is Army vs Navy. This is for all the marbles in Whitehaven. This ain't your mama's high school football game.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll ... anyway .... GO TIGERS!

Whitehaven 27 -- Fairley 6

Don't be fooled by Fairley's blow-out win over Westood, a perennial "cupcake;" Fairley simply does NOT have a very good team this year!

To be fair TraderB ... didn't Whitehaven beat up on a "cupcake" too? I mean ... Hamilton is a 6A school ... but when is the last time they fielded a winning team?

Don't get me wrong ... you already know who I'm pulling for ... I'm a Whitehaven Tiger untill I die. But your statement could be misconstrued if taken in the wrong context. That being said, I'm expecting those mighty Whitehaven Tigers to prevail but I am concerned about Fairley. This is a neighborhood rivalry and you can throw stats and record books out the window. This will be a dogfight. I think Fairley may have played a little uninspired in the first half against Westwood. Focus and inspiration will not be an issue come this Friday. This is for bragging rights. Heck ... these schools are in the same neighborhood ... this ain't your regular ole high school football game. This is Auburn vs Bama. This is the "Red River Shootout" (Texas vs Oklahoma). This is Army vs Navy. This is for all the marbles in Whitehaven. This ain't your mama's high school football game.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll ... anyway .... GO TIGERS!

You are correct, kwc--Whitehaven did beat up a cupcake, also.

I should have qualified my earlier statement about Fairley: I saw both of these teams during the City Jamboree. It was based on those observations that I made my prediction. Fairley simply did not appear to have a very good team, at all! Whitehaven, on the other hand, appeared to have a solid football team.

Despite this game being a rivalry game with neighborhood bragging rights being on the line....based on my observations, I just don't think that Fairley will be able to stay with Whitehaven. As a matter of fact, I honestly think that Fairley will be lucky to even score at all!

Since "lucky" touchdowns can and do occur all the time, I gave Fairley the benefit of the doubt--6pts.

This game will be close in the first half, but discipline, conditioning and depth will prevail as Whitehaven should win, I'll say 34-8...

On another note isn't it funny how one of Fairley's top players was a Whitehaven reject... Marcus Holiday would have been our (I am the BlackHaven Senator so u know who I roll with lol) back up or thrid string varsity Back at best behind Tony Jefferson, but he transfers to Fairley and scores 2 touchdowns and got all kind of carries and catches... I'm happy 4 him but we will be obliterating that boy!

Fairley 55 players! Whitehaven 150 players!!! Fairley 880 student body!!! Whitehaven 2,000 student body!!! Last year Fairley had 7 football players to sign football scholarships, two went DI (Conference USA/SEC)! Whitehaven had about the same with two going DI( Big 12/ACC)!!! What am I getting at? Fairley will always be the underdog, but we are always going to be competitive even when all the odds are against Us!!! So if you are looking for a blowout by Whitehaven, you are very mistaken!!! Fairley is one of the hardest working teams in the city!!! They only have three coaches, and still have a winning record year end and year out!!! SO LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

Fairley 55 players! Whitehaven 150 players!!! Fairley 880 student body!!! Whitehaven 2,000 student body!!! Last year Fairley had 7 football players to sign football scholarships, two went DI (Conference USA/SEC)! Whitehaven had about the same with two going DI( Big 12/ACC)!!! What am I getting at? Fairley will always be the underdog, but we are always going to be competitive even when all the odds are against Us!!! So if you are looking for a blowout by Whitehaven, you are very mistaken!!! Fairley is one of the hardest working teams in the city!!! They only have three coaches, and still have a winning record year end and year out!!! SO LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

I want you guys at Whitehaven to watch Rocky III. While Whitehaven is showboating and celebrating you have a Clubber Lang sitting in the stands licking their chops, waiting patiently on you. It will go down this season, God I hope you guys will be ready !!!!

From the above mentioned quotes, this is what I like to call "Delusions of grandeur"... Whitehaven will thrash Fairley because of what I mentioned in my previous post...

"This game will be close in the first half, but discipline, conditioning and depth will prevail as Whitehaven should win"

OK folks ... let's look at the past 8 years of this game shall we?

• Year, Score, Winner
    2001, 22-6, WHS
    2002, 26-24, FHS
    2003, 33-8, WHS
    2004, 25-0, WHS
    2005, 13-8, WHS
    2006, 13-0, WHS
    2007, 35-6, WHS
    2008, 20-14, WHS

In the past eight years of this rivalry game Whitehaven has won 7 of the 8 for a winning percentage of 87.50% That means that Fairley has won only 1 out the past 8 for a winning percentage of 12.5%. Three of those 7 victories were by 25 points or better. Five of the seven victories were double digit wins by 13 points or better. The average margin of victory is 17 points for those seven victories. Fairley, on the other hand has one victory by a margin of 2 points.

That only proves what we already know however. Whitehaven is the bigger school of the two and they are expected to win. The most recent history, the 2008 game, was a 6 point victory in Whitehaven's favor. Do we know who is going to win the 2009 affair? No ... we don't. But history shows that Whitehaven has a 87% percent chance of victory. 87% is not 100%. Two of the seven wins were 6 points or less for a percentage of 28.5%.

All of these are just numbers of the past. Friday will be a brand new game for a brand new season. Fairley will not lay down and give Whitehaven a victory and neither will Whitehaven lay down and give Fairley a win. It will be won on the field. You already know who I want to win, and I am confident that WHS will be victorious ... but it is NOT a garunteed win for WHS. Fairley has plenty of fight in them.

This is in response to BlackHavenSenator's remark about Fairley running back Marcus Holliday being a Whitehaven reject. Marcus transferred from Whitehaven not because he couldn't play there, but because Fairley is MYschool and that's where my heart lies. Whitehaven has a very good football team BUT so does Fairley. Marcus was 2nd on the depth chart behind Tony Jefferson in the spring and rightfully so because Tony Jefferson is a very good running back.

I look forward to a very good and competitive football game Friday night. Both schools respect each other and it's a very healthy neighborhood rivalry. I myself played for Fairley in the 90's and I always loved going against Whitehaven. Not because I hated them but because they were a good team and alot of my friends from OUR 'hood of the Whitehaven community played there. Be easy on the name calling my man and just enjoy some great athletes from OUR 'hood of Whitehaven competing for bragging rights. It'll be nothing but hugs and mutual respect regardless of the outcome. Just like it always has been. I'm proud of my son and I'm proud of my team Fairley High aka South Fairley!! Go Bulldogs!!! Doc Holliday

This is in response to BlackHavenSenator's remark about Fairley running back Marcus Holliday being a Whitehaven reject. Marcus transferred from Whitehaven not because he couldn't play there, but because Fairley is MYschool and that's where my heart lies. Whitehaven has a very good football team BUT so does Fairley. Marcus was 2nd on the depth chart behind Tony Jefferson in the spring and rightfully so because Tony Jefferson is a very good running back.

I look forward to a very good and competitive football game Friday night. Both schools respect each other and it's a very healthy neighborhood rivalry. I myself played for Fairley in the 90's and I always loved going against Whitehaven. Not because I hated them but because they were a good team and alot of my friends from OUR 'hood of the Whitehaven community played there. Be easy on the name calling my man and just enjoy some great athletes from OUR 'hood of Whitehaven competing for bragging rights. It'll be nothing but hugs and mutual respect regardless of the outcome. Just like it always has been. I'm proud of my son and I'm proud of my team Fairley High aka South Fairley!! Go Bulldogs!!! Doc Holliday

Showtime:

That's what I'm talking about right there. This game is played between folks who all grew up together. Myself and some of my close friends decided to attend Whitehaven when we were growing up even though we lived in Fairley's district at the time. I have other close friends that I grew up with who went to Fairley ... all in the neighborhood and on my street. It was a "bragging rights" game then ... It is a "bragging right" game to this day. No matter how hard you try to escape it ... when you are in the neighborhood ... that will be the topic of conversation. You can't even stop to get gas in the neighborhood and not have someone yell out something to you for one thing or another. It just brings us all closer together. I wouldn't change it for anything. When Fairley is not playing Whitehaven ... I'm rooting for the bulldogs to win, everytime. It's just like that ... it's a community thing. Man ... I'm the youngest of four brothers and all of my older brothers attended Fairley back in the day. I feel it first hand.

Anyway ... some folks get carried away with the banter and whatnot when we should all be celebrating another opportunity so sit down and watch the next generation of folks in that tightnit community experience what we experienced those years back. It's a bond. Whether you are a Fairley Bulldog till the day you die or a mighty Whitehaven Tiger for life ... It's all good.

Speaking of bonds ... I grew up with Martavious Neloms father back in the day, and I ran into Martavious' grandfather at the IHOP located in the Southland mall parking lot. By just talking to him ... you could see how pleased he was that his grandson got a scholarship to play football at the University of Kentucky. He was like ... "You know my grandson is playing football up there in Kentucky don't you?" and I was like ... "Yes sirrrrrr ... that grandson of yours can play some football, I saw him up close and personal giving my Whitehaven Tigers fits last year ... and other folks as well." ... Then he blew me out of the water by asking me ... "You wanna go to some games with me when they play in Lexington?" ... I was like ... "Are you kidding me? ... I'd love to go with you to a SEC football game in Lexington!" It doesn't matter that he is just a freshman and he probably may not get any playing time now. That's not the point. Its moments like that that just make you sit back and smile ... I mean ... what else can you say? ... it's why we love the game ... the commraderie ... the memories ... the people you share it with. Like I said earlier ... we all share a bond.