Best GK in Tn

Guest ChiefSmackahoe

I think its funny that there are only two people on here sayin you're good Justin... Probably you and your sister... And if you think you're better than Trew than give me what you're smokin cause it must be really good #$%^. To say that Trew is too short to play keep is ridiculous.. He's 6'1"... plenty tall with his ability.. Just because you have two inches on him means nothing... By the way, where are you playin in college Justin.. You goin D1, cause Trew is on scholarship... I will admit that you are a decent keeper.... but certainly not even close to the best in the state... and I would be willing to bet money that you guys are gonna lose to BA and probably a lot of other teams this year.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get off Justins case. I've never seen justin post anything on here touting himself as the best. There are several good keepers mentioned on this thread and I do not think anyone has been pushing himself ahead of others. So lets stop the bashing and start listing reasons why some keepers are the best.

Yeah you guys have made some pretty good points so far about your knoxville keepers so im not gonna put them down. I feel that the best keper in the state is either Blake Evans or Zac Brown. Evans plays for Ooltewah High school and you probably didn't hear of him last year b/c he lost his confidence the year before after he broke his ribs against soddy, and then our defense was attmepting to run an offside trp when we don't even play with a flat back four!? and yeah Brown is huge... he plays for McMinn and is awesome. i belive these 2 keepers kept our game last year scoreless until the final minute when Ooltewah slipped one by Brown inside the final 2 minutes. and this was against 2 very high powered offenses! And you're not going to know too much about either of them because they do not play select ball even though they could both play for any club in the South East if they chose to.

While certainly not impossible, it is very hard to stay sharp and on top your game if you do not play travel and train on a regular basis. It is very hard to improve and be considered the best at anything without doing these things and playing against the best competition available regardless of the position you play. Not knocking those who choose not to play and train year round, but it is hard to be the best at anything without a certain amount of sacrifice.

Zac Brown's my boy, I played competitive with him in middle school and a little bit in high school... I know he's always been huge, but early on he had agility and aggressiveness problems, but from what I hear he's definitely worked on that and gotten a lot better. Haven't seen him play in a while, but definitely a big guy to cover the goal and from what I hear very good these days. He lives in Athens, TN and used to drive about an hour each way to practice in Knoxville. That's crazy!

As far as Elam goes, he is a very good keeper. The only reason people may think he wasn't is because he has been playing behind Crunk, a 4 year starter on a very good Bearden program. Crunk's junior year he won state playing the last 4 games with a broken wrist, and went undefeated his senior year to win state again, going on the the All Star game in Charleston where he was named the MVP of the game, shutting out some of the best forwards in the nation for the half he played.

Someone said Elam is more athletic than Crunk, I'd have to say no Crunk is a better all around athlete, he's good at everything. Crunk also keeps his head in the game much better than Elam does, I've seen Elam snap a number of times in practices and games when things haven't been going his way. However, I suspect good things for Elam this year and the Bearden squad, despite them losing 3 of 4 starting defenders.

And, sorry for all the random talk, this is the first time I've read this very large thread... but what is all this talk about Kingston being good? Who? And are they really using indoor as an example of their "greatness"? ha, that's funny.

crombie, can you not read or did you miss the part where i sadi that zac brown is awesome. yes he plays competitive soccer but ive heard that the only time he plays is during the school season. which is fine b/c that is all that blake does as well... if you're good enough then it doesn't matter... ive seen zac pull off incredible saves and the fact that he can punt the ball into the opponents 18 any time he wats is another plus.