Karns @ William Blount

tpoole12

I hate to disagree with you jammin. The refs did not beat you all last week. Heritage had more penalty yrds than Karns did. What beat you is that Heritage was in better shape at the end of the game than your players. Your defense was tired and Heritages offense was still fresh. They made plays when they had to and Karns didn't. You all have a pretty good team and should beat Willie B Friday night, no matter what the refs do.

Good luck to the BEAVERS for the rest of the season.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure why Karns should beat WB Friday night. Karns has won 2 games in 2 years. Now I know that this year's team is much better, but to say that they should win might be a bit extreme. A HHS fan saying that Karns should win means that he feels really confident about his chances. Interesting considering HHS hasn't beaten WB in over 10 years. The good news for Heritage is that they will be 4-1 when they play WB. Normally it is at the end of the season and they have already given up. Another reason for HHS to be optimistic is WB will be coming off of a trip to see their ole buddy Coach Meadows. The coaches will have to do an outstanding job getting the energy out of their players at the Heritage game.

What's the WB quarterback situation this year?

I was talking to my mom after the SC game, and I asked if that same kid who was starting last year as a freshman was playing QB again this year. She told me that there was someone else playing ahead of him. Can anyone enlighten me a little bit? I thought that Freshman last season had big time potential, and I was looking forward to see him back this year with a year under his belt...

I was talking to my mom after the SC game, and I asked if that same kid who was starting last year as a freshman was playing QB again this year. She told me that there was someone else playing ahead of him. Can anyone enlighten me a little bit? I thought that Freshman last season had big time potential, and I was looking forward to see him back this year with a year under his belt...

Papa Chaos - long time, no see. Zach Witt is the starting quarterback for William Blount he is a Junior, he hurt his foot early in the season last year which kept him out of a lot of games. Zach Owens (the sophomore you're talking about) is probably a third string, he does not fit the offense that Coach gregory has implemented at WB. Josh Burton would likely be a second option if Witt is unable to play.

Papa Chaos - long time, no see. Zach Witt is the starting quarterback for William Blount he is a Junior, he hurt his foot early in the season last year which kept him out of a lot of games. Zach Owens (the sophomore you're talking about) is probably a third string, he does not fit the offense that Coach gregory has implemented at WB. Josh Burton would likely be a second option if Witt is unable to play.

Hey Blountfan! It's been a busy summer, and I can't believe football season is already started....but I'm baaack!! And glad to be here!

Thanks for the info on that situation. I really hope to see WB exceed expectations this year and get back in the mix.

Well I hate to break up this Willie Blount lovefest but even though you guys don't give us a chance, I think Karns will go ahead and bus on over Friday night and take the field. We've got a 3 yr starter QB who can throw it on target. Most of our receivers are young (one is former Alcoa star Brian Sommers' little brother) and they can catch. Our defense wasn't flawless last Friday but I don't think you'll put up 38. Our kicker has a strong leg and has put 2 of 3 kickoffs in the end zone. So lets hope it's a good clean game with refs who can keep the flags in their pocket as much as possible and may the best football team win. Is that Burton kid playing anywhere?

:wacko: I am a Sevier County fan and there was no Gov fan here that did not give Karns a chance. Or even made a prediction of that sort. i did mention you Karns Phenons have a good QB with some decent Wideouts. Which would give you guys a good chance but I do think that William Blount could run away with this game especially if they get more in sync with there offense and hold on to the football. Also they played a passing team already which would give them a little more advantage in developing there secondary which I do believe they will do. And William Blounts defense is much too fast for a screen to be too successful. But Good luck to the Beavers this week. :wacko:

It seems unlikely to me that HHS had more penalty yards than Karns last Friday. Although it was certainly sounded dismal, it also seems unlikely that Karns only gained 26 on 20 rushes. So where could a fella get the stats from last Friday's game? By the way for those of you (jammin?) who were at last Friday's game, was the lack of production mainly a product of poor line blocking, wrong play calling against the defense, bad running, etc?

Fight on for William Blount, our Alma Mater true.

Let's give a cheer for all to hear.

Just look for the Orange and Blue

(fight, fight, fight!)

We'll march on to victory.

We'll do it if we try.

So fight, fight, fight for the Governors,

The pride of William Blount High!

'Nuff said!

Good luck Govs!