7AAA Predictions

boroballer

How good do you think Siegel will be this year, BB?? Who is runnin point? I think Tate is the best all-around player on that squad. Hammonds is an offensive stud and Gooch is a great athlete. Ced is still very raw and maybe a year away from top form. I think the district is a lock.. beyond that?

Devante Ellis is running the point. He is much improved from last year and had a great summer shooting the ball. Tate is definately solid but Hammonds is the best player on the team. The good thing is that this TEAM doesnt care who scores as long as they get the W. Mark my words now, Cedric Williams will scare a lot of people this year. Please don't think of the same kid you saw at Riverdale last year. And I dont mean he has gotten better... I mean he doesnt even look like the same kid. We will see tomorrow in the playday. GO STARS!!! :angry:

So who would your 5 be from the two Siegel teams?

JIMMY ODEN, KEITH RAMSEY, KERRY HAMMONDS, MARC GOOCH AND LEVON TATE. IF YOU INCLUDED TYLER CUTTERS' TEAM IN THIS.. I WOULD TAKE HIM OVER GOOCH.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as ineffective coaches in the 7aaa district... Dotson might be the most ineffective coach in that area. Who does this guy think he is and where does he think he coaches...walking into games in a full Jordan velour jogging suit like he just got done having a sit down with Tony Soprano and Silvio Dante at the Bada Bing. This is high school basketball not big time D-1. He doesnt coach anything like Rick Pitino or John Calapari. If he did not have talented players he wouldnt be able to win as many ball games as he does. Seriously the man couldnt coach his way out of a wet paper sack with a pair of scissors. As far a people on here saying that Turnham and Burks are ineffective and "run kids off" is besides the point. I do not know either one personally, but understand through conversations with mutual aquaintances' that they try to run their programs the right way and usually the right way is the hard way. And from my experiences with sports through the years when kids leave or get "run off", its usually more times than not that they just couldnt cut it and in the long run those teams are better off with out those players!

What did Dotson do...... cut you???It just sounds like you couldnt make the team at Siegel!!! Thats sounds so dumb.....not too many coaches win with out having talent.............. and running players off just look at the track record of both coaches Burks and Turnham....terrible relationship with players!! Turnham has been fired everywhere he has been!!!!

People have transferred to Siegel because of the short history of the program, but Siegel has always loved to be hated!!! Go Stars!!!

What did Dotson cut you???It just sounds like you couldnt make the team at Siegel!!! Thats sounds so dumb.....not too many coaches win with out having talent.............. and running players off just look at the track record of both coaches Burks and Turnham....terrible relationship with players!! Turnham has been fired everywhere he has been!!!!

People have transferred to Siegel because of the short history of the program, but Siegel has always loved to be hated!!! Go Stars!!!

When your the best, your always going to be hated, period. Oakland was in that position for a long time, and it's all Siegel's now.

As far as ineffective coaches in the 7aaa district... Dotson might be the most ineffective coach in that area. Who does this guy think he is and where does he think he coaches...walking into games in a full Jordan velour jogging suit like he just got done having a sit down with Tony Soprano and Silvio Dante at the Bada Bing. This is high school basketball not big time D-1. He doesnt coach anything like Rick Pitino or John Calapari. If he did not have talented players he wouldnt be able to win as many ball games as he does. Seriously the man couldnt coach his way out of a wet paper sack with a pair of scissors. As far a people on here saying that Turnham and Burks are ineffective and "run kids off" is besides the point. I do not know either one personally, but understand through conversations with mutual aquaintances' that they try to run their programs the right way and usually the right way is the hard way. And from my experiences with sports through the years when kids leave or get "run off", its usually more times than not that they just couldnt cut it and in the long run those teams are better off with out those players!

Ignorant is the only word that comes to mind after reading your post. Aside from winning games, Dotson has helped 9 kids get college scholarships in the last 5 years. That includes players, managers, and montori hughes who would not have even been eligable for his senior year of football if it hadnt been for Dotson and Harris getting him into summer school. And that was before Montori was even back on the basketball team. They saw that the kid had potential and wanted to help him make something of himself. And no Turnham and Burks dont run kids off because they "cant cut it". Xander Weel is one of the best players in the county but he is just walkin the halls at Blackman and playing baseball because Turnham is an idiot. Xander is a great kid and a hard worker. Hey Dotson, if they want to hate, then let them hate. They will hate it when Siegel is lighting up the score board too!!! :thumb:

And obviously neither Blackman or Riverdale has gotten any better since they have ran off their players. What a dummy!!!!

boroballer, starfan, and Choppin,

You guys crack me up. You think that people don't like siegel because they are good. While there may be some truth to that (as is the case for a lot of perenial winners i.e. Patriots, Yankees, etc.), you guys aren't helping your cause with your posts.

This whole thing started when a Blackman fan posted how he/she thought that Blackman would be better this year and they were looking forward to seeing Brown and Smith back on the floor to see what they could accomplish. The poster also opined that he/she thought Blackman had a good coach. Nothing was mentioned about Siegel or Dotson. Then you guys immediately started with the Turnham/Burks bashing (and even threw Kevin Thomas in there). But as soon as someone questions Dotson's coaching abilities, you guys start name calling. A little hypocritical don't you think?

You have no clue about some of the stuff you are posting about (i.e. Turnham firings, players quitting, player relationships, etc.).

There are plenty of people (not just Blackman fans) that will tell you that Blackman has overachieved each year Turnham has been there (including the bleak season last year).

You guys don't like Turnham and his style? Fine, but Blackman consistently puts a team on the floor that scraps, plays solid defense, hustles, is disciplined, and well prepared. That's hard to argue! (I think wingman10, 2Priceless, and OaklandPatriots will all agree, again non-blackman posters) And prior to the tough season last year, Blackman ranked third in district wins during the period that Turnham has been there(behind very talented Siegel and Oakland teams might I add) Before you guys fire back, that's not to say that 3rd is the greatest accomplishment in the world, but it is far from being "inept" or the "most ineffective" coach in the district.

boroballer, starfan, and Choppin,

You guys crack me up. You think that people don't like siegel because they are good. While there may be some truth to that (as is the case for a lot of perenial winners i.e. Patriots, Yankees, etc.), you guys aren't helping your cause with your posts.

This whole thing started when a Blackman fan posted how he/she thought that Blackman would be better this year and they were looking forward to seeing Brown and Smith back on the floor to see what they could accomplish. The poster also opined that he/she thought Blackman had a good coach. Nothing was mentioned about Siegel or Dotson. Then you guys immediately started with the Turnham/Burks bashing (and even threw Kevin Thomas in there). But as soon as someone questions Dotson's coaching abilities, you guys start name calling. A little hypocritical don't you think?

You have no clue about some of the stuff you are posting about (i.e. Turnham firings, players quitting, player relationships, etc.).

There are plenty of people (not just Blackman fans) that will tell you that Blackman has overachieved each year Turnham has been there (including the bleak season last year).

You guys don't like Turnham and his style? Fine, but Blackman consistently puts a team on the floor that scraps, plays solid defense, hustles, is disciplined, and well prepared. That's hard to argue! (I think wingman10, 2Priceless, and OaklandPatriots will all agree, again non-blackman posters) And prior to the tough season last year, Blackman ranked third in district wins during the period that Turnham has been there(behind very talented Siegel and Oakland teams might I add) Before you guys fire back, that's not to say that 3rd is the greatest accomplishment in the world, but it is far from being "inept" or the "most ineffective" coach in the district.

I AGREE. GREAT POST.