7AAA Predictions

boroballer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Wright had anything to do with Oaklands schedule, except for taking them out of Thanksgiving tournament and adding a Christmas tournament in Kentucky (should be quality opponents) due to football. If you look at Morristown East's schedule this year it is extremely difficult as compared to years past. He had a talented team coming back that needed the competition. I don't think you will find him as one to duck people. Also you have to remember that high school scheduling involves both boys and girls coaches, compromises have to be made. Just some random thoughts from an East fan that hated to see him go.

OP you seem to be someone who understands the game. Do you really think playing hickman co or lincoln co will prepare anyone for this district or region?

I have not seen either team on a particular basis. With that said, on talent level alone, they are probably not teams that would best serve Riverdale in getting ready for league play, but maybe they run a particular offense/defense that the coach feels they need to work on. I know I loved playing Hunters Lane at the end of the season the last few years because it prepared Oakland for playing teams that were most athletic that what they see on a normal basis.

Just wondering when someone in the district besides Siegel is going to play a team with a winning record. Scheduling terrible teams only provides false hope.

Riverdale's opponents combined record: 1-11

Oakland's opponents combined record: 8-12

Siegel's opponents combined redord: 12-8. One team counts for 4 of those losses.

Boro point taken, but where are these numbers coming from? The CoachT schedule/results are not accurate, but your numbers don't even reflect the CoachT data. Did you just make these up to support your argument?

Siegel has a good team, you and starfan don't have to continually bash everyone else or fabricate stats to validate that.

A little research this morning resulted in the following: (please correct if there is anything wrong)

Riverdale's opponents' combined record: 8-20 (May be missing 1 of Warren Co's games)

Columbia 1-2

Hickman Co 1-3

Dickson Co 1-4

Hillsboro 1-0

Warren Co 1-3

Lebanon 2-3

Lincoln Co 1-5

Oakland's opponents' combined record: 8-10 (May be missing 1 of Warren Co's games)

Warren Co 1-3

Franklin Co 2-4

Gallatin 1-1

Independence 4-2

Siegel's opponents' combined record: 9-8 (Can't find any info on Hillcrest other then 1 loss to Siegel, are they the team with 4 losses?)

Liberty Tech 3-2

Independence 4-2

Trezevant 2-3

Hillcrest 0-1 ?

Maybe that's why no one besides siegel and oakland have been able to get out of the region the past 6 or 7 years. You can't expect deep post season runs playing hickman co and lincoln co during the season!!

Please clarify.

Are you saying that Siegel and Oakland's tough scheduling is why they consistently get out of the region?

In the past 7 years, Oakland has advanced past the region 4 times. Siegel 3, Shelbyville 3, White Co 2, Columbia 1, and Blackman 1.

Scheduling has had little to do with Oakland's and Siegel's success. As a result of superior talent, they have both been the cream of the crop in the region (along with Shelbyville) the past few years.

Just wondering when someone in the district besides Siegel is going to play a team with a winning record. Scheduling terrible teams only provides false hope.

Riverdale's opponents combined record: 1-11

Oakland's opponents combined record: 8-12

Siegel's opponents combined redord: 12-8. One team counts for 4 of those losses.

Boro point taken, but where are these numbers coming from? The CoachT schedule/results are not accurate, but your numbers don't even reflect the CoachT data. Did you just make these up to support your argument?

Siegel has a good team, you and starfan don't have to continually bash everyone else or fabricate stats to validate that.

A little research this morning resulted in the following: (please correct if there is anything wrong)

Riverdale's opponents' combined record: 8-20 (May be missing 1 of Warren Co's games)

Columbia 1-2

Hickman Co 1-3

Dickson Co 1-4

Hillsboro 1-0

Warren Co 1-3

Lebanon 2-3

Lincoln Co 1-5

Oakland's opponents' combined record: 8-10 (May be missing 1 of Warren Co's games)

Warren Co 1-3

Franklin Co 2-4

Gallatin 1-1

Independence 4-2

Siegel's opponents' combined record: 9-8 (Can't find any info on Hillcrest other then 1 loss to Siegel, are they the team with 4 losses?)

Liberty Tech 3-2

Independence 4-2

Trezevant 2-3

Hillcrest 0-1 ?

GREAT GREAT POST!

THE ONLY TEAM SIEGEL HAS PLAYED OF NOTE IS LIBERTY. WHICH I BELIEVE SOME PEOPLE AREN'T COUNTING AS A LOSS. AND I BELIEVE SOMEONE ON THIS THREAD STATED THAT WINS OVER TREZVANT AND HILLCREST WERE "QUALITY" WINS. I GUESS BECAUSE THEY ARE MEMPHIS SCHOOLS. TRUTH IS THEY ARE BOTH TERRIBLE.

I believe that Riverdale plays Shelbyville, Mt Juliet, and Hillsboro over the course of their next 3 games. I believe these games will help their strength of schedule. Also something to think about Boroballer, both Riverdale and Oakland have had to deal with their football players missing games due to their teams making deep runs into the playoffs in recent years. This could also play a factor in their coach's waiting a few weeks to get into tougher competition. We all know that Siegel does not have to worry about this situation. I won't hold this against you. For some Murfreesboro schools football season doesn't end in October.

GREAT GREAT POST!

THE ONLY TEAM SIEGEL HAS PLAYED OF NOTE IS LIBERTY. WHICH I BELIEVE SOME PEOPLE AREN'T COUNTING AS A LOSS. AND I BELIEVE SOMEONE ON THIS THREAD STATED THAT WINS OVER TREZVANT AND HILLCREST WERE "QUALITY" WINS. I GUESS BECAUSE THEY ARE MEMPHIS SCHOOLS. TRUTH IS THEY ARE BOTH TERRIBLE.

I was originally going to let starfan and boroballer's "quality win" and "good competition" quotes slide due to the fact that they didn't include any disparaging remarks about other teams. However, that is no longer the case.

Historically, Hillcrest and Trezevant have been less than stellar AA teams. It doesn't appear as though Trezevent has had a winning season in over 8 years. Hillcrest has had small windows of success, advancing to a Sectional game twice in that same 8 yr time frame (4 yrs ago and 6 yrs ago), and I think they will be a decent team this year. However, let's not pretend like they are White Station and Ridgeway.

Again, I will be the first to say that Siegel is good and their overall schedule is without question a tough one. I don't believe anyone on this board has stated otherwise, but for some reason star and boro still feel the need to belittle other district teams/players. Siegel posters constantly complain about people hatin' on Siegel. In my opinion, Siegel doesn't get a lot of respect because some people who claim to be affiliated with the Stars don't give any! (i.e. see post about Shelbyville's Andrews)

Blackman loses tonight to Hendersonville 66-50. Hopefully Blackman will jell but they havent yet.

I am really disappointed with the loss tonight. Last year, Blackman did not have the athletes to compete and I thought Turnham did a good job with what he had. This year, it looks like the same team except with a bunch of athletes. If you went by the look test, Blackman should have beaten Hendersonville. Its early in the season and a long way to go. At least with this team, if they do jell, they could potentially pull off some upsets and beat some teams. I was impressed with Mathers and Brown. Mathers plays really good defense and Brown is a handfull down low. Tay Smith is very athletic but needs to play more under control. JD White looked pretty solid as he was last year. They played alot of players. I think they need to pick the top 8-10 players and find a rotation that works.

Blackman loses tonight to Hendersonville 66-50. Hopefully Blackman will jell but they havent yet.

I am really disappointed with the loss tonight. Last year, Blackman did not have the athletes to compete and I thought Turnham did a good job with what he had. This year, it looks like the same team except with a bunch of athletes. If you went by the look test, Blackman should have beaten Hendersonville. Its early in the season and a long way to go. At least with this team, if they do jell, they could potentially pull off some upsets and beat some teams. I was impressed with Mathers and Brown. Mathers plays really good defense and Brown is a handfull down low. Tay Smith is very athletic but needs to play more under control. JD White looked pretty solid as he was last year. They played alot of players. I think they need to pick the top 8-10 players and find a rotation that works.

TURNHAM IS OLD SCHOOL. I DON'T THINK HE WORRIES TOO MUCH ABOUT THESE EARLY GAMES. SEEMS TO ME HE IS LOOKING FOR HIS ROTATION AND CHARTING PLAYER TRENDS. THE KIDS DO SEEM TIGHT. THEY SEEM MORE WORRIED ABOUT MAKING MISTAKES (AND THE COACH TAKING THEM OUT), THEN COMPETING FOR THE WIN. IF THEY LEARN TO GO HARD AND STOP WORRYING.. THERE'S NO REASON THIS TEAM SHOULDN'T WIN MORE GAMES THAN IT LOSES.

Hillcrest and Trezvant would beat hickman co. and these other terrible teams by 50+. Both Trezvant and Hillcrest are EXTREMELY athletic teams that in my opinion would beat anybody in 7AAA. I just get tired of hearing people talk about how a team is 5-0 or 6-1 when they have played a bunch of TERRIBLE teams. Central Middle would give them a better game than these teams they have been playing. And no one compared Trezvant or Hillcrest to White Station or Ridgeway.

With all of this being said, I am a 7AAA fan. I have given Coach Wright props and congradulated them on a job well done in representing 7AAA. Wright may not be familiar with a lot of the teams in this area and I understand that. Burks on the other hand knows the teams around here yet year in and year out schedules terrible teams. As far as football players are concerned, Odom is the only player from Riverdale who plays football and actually contributes. So not having the football guys is no excuse for weak scheduling by Riverdale.