7AAA Predictions

boroballer

IT'S A PRIVATE SCHOOL-- WITH NO REAL ZONE. WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO MOVE? YOU CANNOT BE FORCED TO ATTEND A PRIVATE SCHOOL. PRIVATE TO PUBLIC IS THE EASIEST TRANSFER THERE IS.

I am 100% serious if you can give me details on someone transferring from a private to a public school, not moving, and being ruled eligible, I really would like to know. I know several people who would be very interested in this. The TSSAA doesn't care about zone lines as say Rutherford Co zones for schools. You can live in a zone and play at another school (except the rare case that you can't live in a zone attend another school, move and attend the original zoned school). LaVergne had a basketball transfer last year I think it was, that had to sit out because LaVernge was with 25 miles of Brentwood Academy, I am pretty sure I am right about that case.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

randymc- I'm pretty sure you're right. I think Julian Reese came from Brentwood Academy, was on the LaVergne team last year but couldn't play due to TSSAA rules about transferring. Also had a baseball player several years back that transferred from Father Ryan to LaVergne and had to play JV his first year at LaVergne.

OP- thanks for recognizing LaVergne's still a threat to the 'boro teams. Seems like a lot of folks down there forget the teams at this end of the county are now in their district, and can give them a run for the money. I think 7AAA's pretty much wide open- anyone can win against any other team, just depends on who shows up ready to play that night.

randymc- I'm pretty sure you're right. I think Julian Reese came from Brentwood Academy, was on the LaVergne team last year but couldn't play due to TSSAA rules about transferring. Also had a baseball player several years back that transferred from Father Ryan to LaVergne and had to play JV his first year at LaVergne.

OP- thanks for recognizing LaVergne's still a threat to the 'boro teams. Seems like a lot of folks down there forget the teams at this end of the county are now in their district, and can give them a run for the money. I think 7AAA's pretty much wide open- anyone can win against any other team, just depends on who shows up ready to play that night.

LaVergne scares me more than Siegel does at this point, and I've said that since before the season started. They are good, and have a good coach, but so do we :unsure:

IT'S A PRIVATE SCHOOL-- WITH NO REAL ZONE. WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO MOVE? YOU CANNOT BE FORCED TO ATTEND A PRIVATE SCHOOL. PRIVATE TO PUBLIC IS THE EASIEST TRANSFER THERE IS.

I am 100% serious if you can give me details on someone transferring from a private to a public school, not moving, and being ruled eligible, I really would like to know. I know several people who would be very interested in this. The TSSAA doesn't care about zone lines as say Rutherford Co zones for schools. You can live in a zone and play at another school (except the rare case that you can't live in a zone attend another school, move and attend the original zoned school). LaVergne had a basketball transfer last year I think it was, that had to sit out because LaVernge was with 25 miles of Brentwood Academy, I am pretty sure I am right about that case.

REESE HAD TO SIT BECAUSE OF GRADES I BELIEVE. THE BLIVODES (SIC ?) BROTHERS AT HILLSBORO CAME FROM ENSWORTH WITHOUT SITTING. BLACKMAN HAS A LINEBACKER FROM BA THAT DIDN'T SIT OUT. LIKE I STATED BEFORE, PARKS IS AT MELROSE AND PLAYING NOW. IF YOU "SAY" YOU CAN'T AFFORD OR HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR KIDS FITTING IN--HOW CAN YOU BE PUNISHED?

REESE HAD TO SIT BECAUSE OF GRADES I BELIEVE. THE BLIVODES (SIC ?) BROTHERS AT HILLSBORO CAME FROM ENSWORTH WITHOUT SITTING. BLACKMAN HAS A LINEBACKER FROM BA THAT DIDN'T SIT OUT. LIKE I STATED BEFORE, PARKS IS AT MELROSE AND PLAYING NOW. IF YOU "SAY" YOU CAN'T AFFORD OR HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR KIDS FITTING IN--HOW CAN YOU BE PUNISHED?

I will definitely look into it. The kid I am referring to filed financial hardship after the worst drop in the stock market in 70 years and was denied. Michael Couey told me last year that his kid had to sit out because of transferring, maybe it was grades, but he said because he had transfered.

Take it from the folks at LaVergne, Julian did not sit out because of grades, it was because he transferred back to LaVergne & was not within the required distance from Brentwood Academy. He missed playing last year by one game, when he became eligible, LaVergne was put out of play by Gallatin.

I actually think at this time Julian is probably the best all-around player in 7AAA, very versatile, can play on both ends of the floor which you don't see often with boys, very valuable to LaVergne.

Take it from the folks at LaVergne, Julian did not sit out because of grades, it was because he transferred back to LaVergne & was not within the required distance from Brentwood Academy. He missed playing last year by one game, when he became eligible, LaVergne was put out of play by Gallatin.

I actually think at this time Julian is probably the best all-around player in 7AAA, very versatile, can play on both ends of the floor which you don't see often with boys, very valuable to LaVergne.

Would be hard-pressed to find a better-all around player than Jamal Hughes.

Was Dotson the only one who refused comment/didnt shake hands after the game or was it the entire team??

Regardless, there is never a valid excuse not to. I would say the same if Oakland did the same thing.

I saw Dotson shake Wright's hand and the entire staff of Oakland (ask Wright)!!! He didn't shake the players hands because the were running all over the floor. So get your facts right please!!!

Was Dotson the only one who refused comment/didnt shake hands after the game or was it the entire team??

Regardless, there is never a valid excuse not to. I would say the same if Oakland did the same thing.

I saw Dotson shake Wright's hand and the entire staff of Oakland (ask Wright)!!! He didn't shake the players hands because the were running all over the floor. So get your facts right please!!!

Doesnt change the fact the he pouted and refused comment. Like the facebook group says, you guys arent mad about the powder, just pissed that you lost. Enjoy the talent while it lasts...........

The baby powder was childish and just shows how crappy the Oakland administration is now. Im sure the oakland mob doesnt, but I do miss butch vaughn. He made the students act half way classy. Do that to your court not ours. The talent will continue coming to Siegel while we keep going further then Oakland.Have yall even made 3 state tournaments in the illustrious history of the school? You guys did a good job getting Jordan warmups though, maybe thats what makes you think the talent will go there? Siegel has Jordan stuff too though so maybe not. Enjoy the regular season district crown. Lavergne is good but OP I like how you just used Oakland and Lavergne as your examples. Im sure Lavergne would rather play Oakland then Siegel. Siegel is underachieving right now and were outcoached friday night, sure the talent may be better but to mesh a team is not an easy task which im sure no one on here has thought about. So, to lose 2 starters and still play at the level Siegel is playing at does involve coaching whether you want to believe it or not. I hope we can get 2 more Oakland Siegel matchups this year. The game friday was an instant classic.