7AAA Predictions

boroballer

The baby powder was childish and just shows how crappy the Oakland administration is now. Im sure the oakland mob doesnt, but I do miss butch vaughn. He made the students act half way classy. Do that to your court not ours. The talent will continue coming to Siegel while we keep going further then Oakland.Have yall even made 3 state tournaments in the illustrious history of the school? You guys did a good job getting Jordan warmups though, maybe thats what makes you think the talent will go there? Siegel has Jordan stuff too though so maybe not. Enjoy the regular season district crown. Lavergne is good but OP I like how you just used Oakland and Lavergne as your examples. Im sure Lavergne would rather play Oakland then Siegel. Siegel is underachieving right now and were outcoached friday night, sure the talent may be better but to mesh a team is not an easy task which im sure no one on here has thought about. So, to lose 2 starters and still play at the level Siegel is playing at does involve coaching whether you want to believe it or not. I hope we can get 2 more Oakland Siegel matchups this year. The game friday was an instant classic.

I will stand behind Oakland's administration, they have worked twice as hard as any other administration and have finally gotten over that hump that Ken Nolan so thoughtfully bestowed upon my alma mater.Had Siegel won, nobody would even remember the baby powder. Its Oakland-Siegel, it is what it is. Check Oakland's history sometime, it didnt start when you joined CoachT. Oakland beat Siegel in freshmen ball, or at least I heard, and friday night showed that if the 2 teams are in even the same stratosphere as far as talent, Oakland will be able to get the victory. I was a doubter when Randy left, but I think even better days are ahead for the Patriots under Coach Wright. Oakland plays a style that is very fundamentally sound, while being fun to watch. What parent wants their kid to play for a coach that cant man up and give a simple comment after the game?

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The baby powder was childish and just shows how crappy the Oakland administration is now. Im sure the oakland mob doesnt, but I do miss butch vaughn. He made the students act half way classy. Do that to your court not ours. The talent will continue coming to Siegel while we keep going further then Oakland.Have yall even made 3 state tournaments in the illustrious history of the school? You guys did a good job getting Jordan warmups though, maybe thats what makes you think the talent will go there? Siegel has Jordan stuff too though so maybe not. Enjoy the regular season district crown. Lavergne is good but OP I like how you just used Oakland and Lavergne as your examples. Im sure Lavergne would rather play Oakland then Siegel. Siegel is underachieving right now and were outcoached friday night, sure the talent may be better but to mesh a team is not an easy task which im sure no one on here has thought about. So, to lose 2 starters and still play at the level Siegel is playing at does involve coaching whether you want to believe it or not. I hope we can get 2 more Oakland Siegel matchups this year. The game friday was an instant classic.

You can't be serious....Lets see:

OAKLAND

District Titles 18

Region Titles 9

Sectional/Sub State Appearances 15 (at least)

State Tourney Appearances 9

State Final 4 Appearances 4

State Championship Game Appearances 1

As long as OHS/SHS are in opposite brackets in the Region, I will be happy. 2nd in district tourney might be better than 1st :thumb:

Can someone please explain why people are making excuses just because Siegel lost two players? Injuries are a part of the game. Every team hits adversity in one point or another and that was their adversity. I am not trying to take Oakland's side but enough is enough. They got beat by Oakland twice. They have lost more games with the two out but no one seems to talk about those games. Why is that? In the end, Oakland is playing very good basketball. Did anyone doubt their coach in the beginning? If so, why?

Can someone please explain why people are making excuses just because Siegel lost two players? Injuries are a part of the game. Every team hits adversity in one point or another and that was their adversity. I am not trying to take Oakland's side but enough is enough. They got beat by Oakland twice. They have lost more games with the two out but no one seems to talk about those games. Why is that? In the end, Oakland is playing very good basketball. Did anyone doubt their coach in the beginning? If so, why?

It is just Siegel being Siegel. Theyre as loud as anybody when Siegel wins, quiet as mice when they lose. The fact that Oakland can beat them at any point just burns them up.

What is your take on the new coach?

I think he has lived up to his hype and then some. In terms of philosophy, a spitting image of Coach King, but with more intensity, and it shows in the way Oakland plays. Once Oakland gets a good talent base again, they are going to be extremely tough to beat. Very fun to watch them play. Constant movement with or without the ball on offense, and a fierce tenacity on defense. Certainly a team that is easy to root for no matter the record. Hopefully he will choose to make Oakland his career destination, much like Randy did.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but IMO I'll tell you who should have been upset over the powder incident and that's every parent Siegel and Oakland alike who had a kid either playing or cheering at that game. It was a prank, but a dangerous one. Everyones laughing now, but what if one of the players slipped and ended their season or possibly their career? If your kid's season had ever ended because of an injury, you would understand. If a spectator had thrown a cup of ice on the floor, they would have been ejected. Why was this treated any differently?

I definitely do not condone anything being thrown on the floor, but if I am not mistaken the powder was thrown into the air. I would agree that this is still wrong, and I would bet that this will not occur again. If it does occur, I think the team whose fans are responsible should be assessed a technical foul, and the culprits removed from the gym.

The fact that it was thrown in the air and not on the floor is a tired excuse. Where did they think it would go? The powder floated onto the floor making the playing surface slick. The game was stopped by the officials until the entire floor could be cleaned. From what I've heard, the longer the delay, the more pleased the Oakland students were with their prank. Without any apparent repercussions, it probably will happen again. Next time, the players may not be so lucky.

I do not think this is something you will see with any sort of regularity. I am sure that the administration let it be known while it may have been fun in their eyes, that the potential for danger was there and there are other ways to support your team. I dont condone, but not going to condemn it. People will certainly talk about all facets of this game for years to come

Take it from the folks at LaVergne, Julian did not sit out because of grades, it was because he transferred back to LaVergne & was not within the required distance from Brentwood Academy. He missed playing last year by one game, when he became eligible, LaVergne was put out of play by Gallatin.

I actually think at this time Julian is probably the best all-around player in 7AAA, very versatile, can play on both ends of the floor which you don't see often with boys, very valuable to LaVergne.

Would be hard-pressed to find a better-all around player than Jamal Hughes.

I dont see why the HAVE to do it anyway, if someone doesn't shake there hands after a loss because there mad.....let them be, no one is happy after a loss, and I could totally understand that.