7AAA Predictions

boroballer

Please some help me, if I understood this correctly....a Siegel win and a Oakland loss on Friday makes these 2 teams CO-CHAMPS with 2 loses, but Oakland would be the #1 seed because of the 2 wins Oakland had against Siegel?? So Siegel is #2 in tourney and an automatic bid to the region??

If this is true then hats off to Siegel and Coach Dotson. Thats was huge especialy minus your top two players being sidlined. Maybe second isn't so bad. I mean look at Oakland last year finished 2nd and stayed away from Shelbyville until championship game, and made it to sub-state. Go Stars!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please some help me, if I understood this correctly....a Siegel win and a Oakland loss on Friday makes these 2 teams CO-CHAMPS with 2 loses, but Oakland would be the #1 seed because of the 2 wins Oakland had against Siegel?? So Siegel is #2 in tourney and an automatic bid to the region??

If this is true then hats off to Siegel and Coach Dotson. Thats was huge especialy minus your top two players being sidlined. Maybe second isn't so bad. I mean look at Oakland last year finished 2nd and stayed away from Shelbyville until championship game, and made it to sub-state. Go Stars!

Co- Champs in terms of record, but yes, Oakland will get the #1 seed no matter what, and both teams get a bye and an automatic berth into the regionals. 8-AAA doesnt have that one standout team this year. Would not be suprised to see an all 7-AAA region final. I dont know if you can really give much credit to Dotson. Still had a load of talent, yet dissapointed, especially Marc Gooch. I hate to single out players in particular, but i expected him to blow it up when Kerry and Lavon went down........

Probably wouldn't have mattered, OHS beat Shelbyville anyway, but SHS couldn't. Siegel has the best talent in the district even without Hammonds and Tate, but not the best record so what does that tell you?

Probably wouldn't have mattered, OHS beat Shelbyville anyway, but SHS couldn't. Siegel has the best talent in the district even without Hammonds and Tate, but not the best record so what does that tell you?

Wow, I thought for a sec. you werent gonna make it out alive from duking it out with those LCHS folks......

come on now...you can't be serious!! look at their schedule....... cane ridge??? even the girls coach admitted that when she made this scedule out (for both teams)that the early games were light because her team was young and wanted to secure wins....not taking too much away but the Pats didnt go looking for tough teams!! i will give credit where it is due...I never thought they would perform this well in the district, hats off to them....but lets just see where things end!!!

randymc...you are always telling people that dotson recruited the williams kid?? do you have any proof ...as you say he was on the phone every night??? I mean come on now really.....and how come you always seem to never mention the Wade kid that your blessed "King" recruited from Blackman, I heard that woodson was on the phone every night begging him to transfer to Oakland.....just face it players transfer every year for what ever reason...I am sure Williams realized he wasnt getting any better at Riverdale and left.....but wait you knew for sure huh??? I don't hear anything mention about Riverdale's kid that transferred from Station Camp???? Or the Carroll kid who brother played at Siegel is now at Riverdale, or heck what about the Craig kid who lives in Siegel zone and plays for Riverdale. Or the young lady from (i believe Hillsboro) that transferred to play for Blackman's girls?? I guess Hibdom sent a U-Haul to Nashville, or Couey's transfers into LaVergne.......what a joke you are!!! :ph34r:

You always seem to want to mention only Siegel programs......and before you come up with something negative to say about Siegel talk to me about the Wade kid from Blackman transferring to Oakland a couple years back!! And now that i think about I heard that Randy even helped pay for David Hockenberry's apartment in Oakland's zone to transfer from Siegel to Oakland!! How come you never mention these other transfers??? :thumb:

come on now...you can't be serious!! look at their schedule....... cane ridge??? even the girls coach admitted that when she made this scedule out (for both teams)that the early games were light because her team was young and wanted to secure wins....not taking too much away but the Pats didnt go looking for tough teams!! i will give credit where it is due...I never thought they would perform this well in the district, hats off to them....but lets just see where things end!!!

Who has Siegel actually played that makes their schedule so tough?

Say what you want, at the end of the day, you have to beat the teams in front of you and Oakland has done that. You guys have mocked Oakland's schedule for awhile now. How fun was it to watch Oakland play in the region championship with their supposed "weak" schedule?

Who anybody plays outside their district is irrelavant at this point. And coaches have their reasons for playing a tough or lighter schedule. Like I said, doesn't really matter who you play outside your district if you can't perform when you need to.

randymc...you are always telling people that dotson recruited the williams kid?? do you have any proof ...as you say he was on the phone every night??? I mean come on now really.....and how come you always seem to never mention the Wade kid that your blessed "King" recruited from Blackman, I heard that woodson was on the phone every night begging him to transfer to Oakland.....just face it players transfer every year for what ever reason...I am sure Williams realized he wasnt getting any better at Riverdale and left.....but wait you knew for sure huh??? I don't hear anything mention about Riverdale's kid that transferred from Station Camp???? Or the Carroll kid who brother played at Siegel is now at Riverdale, or heck what about the Craig kid who lives in Siegel zone and plays for Riverdale. Or the young lady from (i believe Hillsboro) that transferred to play for Blackman's girls?? I guess Hibdom sent a U-Haul to Nashville, or Couey's transfers into LaVergne.......what a joke you are!!! :)

You always seem to want to mention only Siegel programs......and before you come up with something negative to say about Siegel talk to me about the Wade kid from Blackman transferring to Oakland a couple years back!! And now that i think about I heard that Randy even helped pay for David Hockenberry's apartment in Oakland's zone to transfer from Siegel to Oakland!! How come you never mention these other transfers??? :)

Please quote where I said that Dotson recruited the Williams kid. I do not think you will find it. Maybe you will, but I do not remember that. Now that you mention it, I do know people who work at the old apartment complex the Williams kid lived in when he left RHS, so I do actually know some details. I am a very good friend of Coach Woodson and know that he was not involved in Wade coming to OHS, neither was King. Now, would Wade make a decision based on the fact he was there, quite possibly, but that's not recruiting the kid. Same for Hockenberry.

then why cant the same be said about kids that transfer to Siegel??? And I saw your quote on the DNJ message boards "he called him everynight" referring to dotson. i am sure that the reasons I said in my previous post were not the real reasons those two players transfered to Oakland, but I was trying to prove a point. and is it crazy to even think that so it is possible to think the same way for the kids at Siegel that transferred......if memory serves me correct Burks release the Williams kid.

then why cant the same be said about kids that transfer to Siegel??? And I saw your quote on the DNJ message boards "he called him everynight" referring to dotson. i am sure that the reasons I said in my previous post were not the real reasons those two players transfered to Oakland, but I was trying to prove a point. and is it crazy to even think that so it is possible to think the same way for the kids at Siegel that transferred......if memory serves me correct Burks release the Williams kid.

Burks didn't have to release him, this is not the NCAA. And I think you are confusing me with someone else on the DNJ board, I did reply to that post however. So please get your facts straight before shooting your mouth off about things that I said. Who paid for Williams' parents to get out of the apartment lease plus back rent due? You seem awfully close to this situation. Again, I remind you that I know someone who works in the said complex. Unfortunately the TSSAA rule allows for participation in the SAME SPORT at more than 1 school in the same season. It is a VERY small world we live in. Again, please post a link to my comments on the DNJ.com and I will stand corrected.....