7AAA Predictions

boroballer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen Hurt in double figures tonight as Siegel beats Ooltewah in their Sub-state game. No big deal tho southeast. you must be a siegel reject that couldnt cut it on the team. :lol:

It is no big deal.

That would up is average to a good(possibly) 6ppg, WHAT a PLAYER!!!!

And he got 10 points in a blowout against a team that isnt very good and didnt match up well with siegel, what a game! Your definition of player must be different from mine.

the aforementioned still applies as well(slow, cant run for long, etc.)

I heard the same about Couey.

Last time I saw him, he was just big and slow....no skill, just took up space.

Kids have good games every now and then....like look at Kyle Kuric when Louisville beat Syracuse this weekend. Perfect example. But uh if you go by dnj's statistics he averages about 5-6 points(could be lower, could have games were he didnt score, but played, in that case the game just wouldnt show up). But if you think those are great numbers for a 6'9 guy who slows the game down immensely and you cant run long, then hey....BIG FACTOR you have over there at siegel.

I will admit, before this year he did seem to be bigger and slower but he has lost some weight and looks as if he has worked on his game.. Much improved this year and if he continues to work hard will be a BIG part of the Stars attack next year.

No need to single a kid out and talk bad about him on here. On a more positive note, it was GREAT to see Tate dressed out for the Stars last night and even better to see the kids and the crowd give him a standing ovation when he briefly entered the game. Good kid with a great work ethic, just quietly does his job. He has been missed!!!

Stephen Hurt has improved by leaps and bounds over the course of his career at Siegel. He has been a huge contributor for the Stars down the stretch, especially in the post season. The Stars have overcome a lot of adversity this season and found a way to make it to the State Tournament.

Stephen Hurt has improved by leaps and bounds over the course of his career at Siegel. He has been a huge contributor for the Stars down the stretch, especially in the post season. The Stars have overcome a lot of adversity this season and found a way to make it to the State Tournament.

I'm not saying he hasn't improved, im just saying this year, he didnt really seem to be an important part of the team. Like, what im trying to get at is that the Stars would most likely be in the same place without him. But i seen him lose weight and im glad he has. For him to be a big factor next year, he needs to slim down more, and improve post moves.

Because how many kids who have averaged 4-6 ppg one year, would you expect to be a "big factor" next year, when there best post player is returning.

It will be hard for teams in the district to stop 2 6'9 post players next year. So your arguement now would be that Hurt can only go 3-4 minutes. Then enters 2 6'5 freshmen into the picture. Siegel will be at the top for years to come. Hate if you want to, but how many teams can put 40 pts, 19 reb, and 12 ast on the bench for the entire season and still make it to the state tournament with a 24-8 record with the schedule Siegel has played. Dont forget Oakland was 3 of those losses. Darn Patriots!!

It will be hard for teams in the district to stop 2 6'9 post players next year. So your arguement now would be that Hurt can only go 3-4 minutes. Then enters 2 6'5 freshmen into the picture. Siegel will be at the top for years to come. Hate if you want to, but how many teams can put 40 pts, 19 reb, and 12 ast on the bench for the entire season and still make it to the state tournament with a 24-8 record with the schedule Siegel has played. Dont forget Oakland was 3 of those losses. Darn Patriots!!

As far as 7-AAA goes...no one will be able to content 2 6'9s(i dont think? Unless theres something i dont know about) Who are the two 6'5 freshman?

And yes, being only able to play 3-4 min. is crucial, because then you have to start planning strategically when to put him in, but im sure if he puts in the work towards it....he'll be fine

By having their best player return just in time. I swear if I didnt know any better, I would have thought that Siegel was a bunch of bums the way you have carried on this season. Siegel still relies on their talent too much to ever be a true power in basketball.

By having their best player return just in time. I swear if I didnt know any better, I would have thought that Siegel was a bunch of bums the way you have carried on this season. Siegel still relies on their talent too much to ever be a true power in basketball.

Thanks for showing a Murfreesboro team love!!! Why the hate??? Oh well enjoy the game from the stands!!! Go Siegel!!! :D