Hillwood vs. Father Ryan

PurpleIrish0x0

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahaha this is hilarious as all get out. First off Ryan WILL win this game (why because the real athletes over at Hillwood will not play for their football team because their team is terrible and has been for the last few seasons). This being said..... the Father Ryan High School football coaching core is a group of cowering cowards, who else would schedule such a woefulf foe for their opening game at their brand new stadium? Why not schedule a rival like John Overton, an oppenent that has significant historical meaning to both the Irish and Bobcat faithful for the opening game in the new Irish stadium (perhaps because Overton won this year)? Why schedule a completely inferior opponent (even for this year's Irish team) to open up the new stadium? My answer is they want a cheap win!

Why not schedule an "easy win" as you put it? College teams do it all the time. Look at Florida. They have no business scheduling Charleston Southern and FIU.

They do it because they need all the easy wins they can get because the SEC is a tough conference to come out undefeated.

In Ryan's case, Division II is a tough division to win in, so they should schedule some teams they should beat.

Why not schedule an "easy win" as you put it? College teams do it all the time. Look at Florida. They have no business scheduling Charleston Southern and FIU.

They do it because they need all the easy wins they can get because the SEC is a tough conference to come out undefeated.

In Ryan's case, Division II is a tough division to win in, so they should schedule some teams they should beat.

And thats the difference between ok teams like father ryan and teams that will compete for a championship like ensworth, who played oakland, mba, who played maplewood, and ba who played prattville (last year). if you play better teams during the regular season you will be better prepared for playing better teams in the playoffs.

I dont believe that is necessarily the case. Its harder for the better high school programs to schedule teams, so sometimes all they can do is schedule teams on their level. With this new playoff format, number of wins factor in, so all teams need as many as they can get. Division II may be different because there are not many teams, but for Oakland and Maplewood, how does it benefit them when they need wins to get into the playoffs to begin with?

Im sure it was hard for MBA, Maplewood, Ensworth, and Oakland to find teams to schedule because they are good teams, so it could have been they had to choice but to schedule each other. This may not be the case all the time, but it does happen.

And second off, thanks for proving my point about Florida. BCS teams schedule their "cup cake" games so they have a better shot of making a BCS game or the BCS championship.

Purple,

You need to quit drinking the coolaid and listen up.

Father Ryan High School has never ran from competition until this coach arrived. Ryan faithful Alumni always stood by when they lost because they scheduled the very best the TSSAA had to offer. Father Ryan always had the Toughest non District/Region schedule dating back to Louis Catignani. There Moto was if your going to beat the best you play the best.

Somewhere in the past 12 years The Head Coach Who makes his schedule by the way. Forgot that. You ask why? Because he was not a Father Ryan guy to begin with and does not understand the History that was BUILD and the Foundation of this Storied program.

So get your head out of the Gatoraide cooler and see things for what they really are. Dismal times ahead till a new coach is in place.

Purple,

Father Ryan High School has never ran from competition until this coach arrived. Ryan faithful Alumni always stood by when they lost because they scheduled the very best the TSSAA had to offer. Father Ryan always had the Toughest non District/Region schedule dating back to Louis Catignani. There Moto was if your going to beat the best you play the best.

Somewhere in the past 12 years The Head Coach Who makes his schedule by the way. Forgot that. You ask why? Because he was not a Father Ryan guy to begin with and does not understand the History that was BUILD and the Foundation of this Storied program.

So get your head out of the Gatoraide cooler and see things for what they really are. Dismal times ahead till a new coach is in place.

johnboy,

Who would you like to see as the head football coach at your Father Ryan?

Purple,

That has been said for the last three coaches two of which were graduates from

Father Ryan, me thinks there is more to it than coaching. :thumb:

Purple,

I dont know what you are talking about with the koolaid and gatoraide remarks. I dont know how you got this entire rant from Ryan scheduling Hillwood.