Catholic @ Farragut

Irish423

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW DOWN!!!!

Now yes it is true that in the past 3-4 years KCHS has indeed produced the most D-1 kids in the city of Knoxville. HOWEVER, in the previous 74 years of existence they have produced only about 5, so le'ts not tout KCHS history as one of having Division 1 talent always. Let's put on our history caps and remember they were a 1A team for decades struggling to be .500 and going only a few rounds deep into the playoffs if even making it. Only the past 10yrs or so have they progressed at all. How quickly recent success seems to blind those who don't even realize where the school was located for the most of its existence. Typical west knox person, slants his arguments towards only recent years when things are good. Farragut, AE, Fulton, Bearden, Webb, even Central have been putting out D1 prospects FOR MANY DECADES.

history lesson concluded

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now yes it is true that in the past 3-4 years KCHS has indeed produced the most D-1 kids in the city of Knoxville. HOWEVER, in the previous 74 years of existence they have produced only about 5, so le'ts not tout KCHS history as one of having Division 1 talent always. Let's put on our history caps and remember they were a 1A team for decades struggling to be .500 and going only a few rounds deep into the playoffs if even making it. Only the past 10yrs or so have they progressed at all. How quickly recent success seems to blind those who don't even realize where the school was located for the most of its existence. Typical west knox person, slants his arguments towards only recent years when things are good. Farragut, AE, Fulton, Bearden, Webb, even Central have been putting out D1 prospects FOR MANY DECADES.

history lesson concluded

By the way, I've lived in Knoxville and been associated with KCHS for 10 years, so forgive my blindness. I may have made a bad point about the schools overall history. I should have said recent history. However the point I'm trying to make is since Coach P took over in 2002 The Irish have done well and people act like it's a, joke, fluke or something. He built the program up. Tradition has to start somewhere. Alcoa, Maryville, Webb, A-E, Fulton etc from day one did not open their doors and started winning championships. The foundation was laid and players and coaches built upon that. Last Saturday I watched the bowl games at Catholic and their feeder program is unbelievable. The Irish build through the feeder system and people say they cheat. My son plays on one of their feeder program teams, they play in the competitive XFL and have a record of 33-3 since he was 7 years old. The last 2 years 2 teams have scored on them. That's called player development. Last time I checked Farragut, not the above schools were on here telling the Irish welcome to the big leagues. They've played A-E, Fulton and Webb. Where was Farragut when Coach P (for years) was trying to fill out his schedule? I would think a "power" such as yourself would've jumped at the chance to play Catholic. Well by TSSAA luck west Knoxville will get a chance to see the Lucky Irish lineup against the big boys, hopefully the Irish can stay within 21 points of you guys.

To be honest with you (before the Farragut fans snap my head off) I don't know anything about your football team, your history or your players. I know more about your basketball team than football team. Anyone and everyone will get on here and defend their program and make statements on why they're the best so on and so on. No matter who wins the world is not going to end and life cease to exist. Irish 423 made the comment this site was dead so I'm trying to liven things up for him. But, I do think it's unfair when teams (I'm talking in general not a specific school) won't play a school and then their fans, players, parents etc. tell them they're no good or don't play anybody. That's all. now back to the game.

LOL @ ScottA11 using Irish423 to justify the demonstration of a Drama Qeen. Farragut has had plenty of kids roll through that have played on the next level. Go back a few years (5-7) and you can pick out the big fullback, Saunders (?) went to Michigan, Clabo to Wake who is now with the Falcons, Hoague who is also at Wake, Jackson @ Georgia Tech, and Reviez who I believe will start for UT this year. Sterling, who was at Ole Miss. IMO, they have some this year as well. We'll see.

history lesson concluded

Not Farragut you may have one every two or three years if any at all pretty sad for a school this size.

LOL @ ScottA11 using Irish423 to justify the demonstration of a Drama Qeen. Farragut has had plenty of kids roll through that have played on the next level. Go back a few years (5-7) and you can pick out the big fullback, Saunders (?) went to Michigan, Clabo to Wake who is now with the Falcons, Hoague who is also at Wake, Jackson @ Georgia Tech, and Reviez who I believe will start for UT this year. Sterling, who was at Ole Miss. IMO, they have some this year as well. We'll see.

Saunders got kick off his freshman year for his grades, Sterling there is little ? there and Jackson and Hoague are the only true one that got anything and both the Reviez walked on at up before they got anything.

history lesson concluded

Since we obviously don't know the history of the "big boys" what does your playoff record look like over the last 5-10 years. I think if you look at the Catholic losses over the past 6 years, you would see the majority of our losses have gone to the eventual state champions. Keep in mind that as you throw out the names of all your big time recruits that our overall school size was less than your class sizes. You would think that a school of around 2,000 kids would produce more than a school of 400. It's a numbers game. And why with all that super talent, why don't you have any hardware to flash?

I think Farragut is going to win, but that is based only on a glimpse of the teams at the jamboree, which is not a good barometer. Can anyone give those of us who are not affiliated with either school some better insight into how the 2 teams match up against each other? This thread is beginning to remind me of Ted Knight and Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack. :thumb:

Catholic is a very good team from what i have heard from scrimmages and their game against Rhea county besides the first quarter. Farragut still has some ? marks for me such as Offensive line and pass defense. Those two parts seems to be incomplete right now for Farragut and we are fast approaching game #3. I dont think Farragut would even think of taking the defending state champs lightly. Catholic has already been with the "big boys" and they are a "big boy" some think they are the team to beat in Knoxville this year. I urge as many people as i can to attend the game Thursday night it will be a great one till the end.

Go Admirals!!

history lesson concluded

Since we obviously don't know the history of the "big boys" what does your playoff record look like over the last 5-10 years. I think if you look at the Catholic losses over the past 6 years, you would see the majority of our losses have gone to the eventual state champions. Keep in mind that as you throw out the names of all your big time recruits that our overall school size was less than your class sizes. You would think that a school of around 2,000 kids would produce more than a school of 400. It's a numbers game. And why with all that super talent, why don't you have any hardware to flash?

Now Irish...not only is it a numbers game, it is a" selective" numbers game. You know you guys recruit and the bigger public schools cannot. Have some sympathy at least, and cut us publics some slack! lol :roflolk:

Now Irish...not only is it a numbers game, it is a" selective" numbers game. You know you guys recruit and the bigger public schools cannot. Have some sympathy at least, and cut us publics some slack! lol :lol:

I know this could quickly lead to a Public vs. Private thread, and haven't we all had enough of that? But I've been a part of both sides of this debate. Recruiting goes on at both private & public schools, that is an absolute FACT. The only legal recruiting going on, other than in D-2, is in the public schools with the "No Child Left Behind" ordeal. I'll bet there are kids at Farragut right now, under the pretense of "educational custodianship" or "No Child Left Behind" that should be going to another school. :thumb: Heck, I bet there are kids there that don't even live in Knox County. So I don't believe for a minute that Farragut is clean. Likewise, trying to play the "little ole me" card at Catholic is laughable as well. I say quit all the finger pointing and belly aching, buckle them up, and go play and see who is better. Should be a good ball game :roflolk: