Oakland v. Siegel

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, I think you pretty well covered all that I was going to address about last night. Everyone knows how I feel about teams that promote a superstar. Siegel has ALWAYS done this and I think it affects their overall team chemistry. They just cannot play as a team to save their lives. Siegel is NO Riverdale even though they have a lot of ex Warrior coaches. It is time to break away from what the old Riverdale did and look at what you have on the sidelines and adjust your playcalling to what you see. In other words COACH! I saw Gooch over there pouting and it made me smile to think of how our student section will handle "this" during basketball season. 8-)

The penalties are killing us. It is getting worse instead of better. I would have thought we would have gotten them under control after the Ensworth game. When we play another team close to their calibur, the flags can hand us a big L. I think a lot of running is in order. We just can't be doing this junk at this point in the season. I really think the "intensity" on the sidelines causes a lot of them. The kids feed off of the demeanor of the staff especially when it is a crucial down. Watson does the same kind of stuff. I am speaking from experience here as a former player, if your staff looks rattled it makes you rattled. Thus the tendency to get a flag. Maybe taking a valium before the game is in order? Maybe I am wrong, and lilcoach will get on here and berate me......but I really think I am right.

I have already said this before but Barnes is the MANNNNNN! He set the tone for us last night from the get-go. I hope we keep taking advantage of his ability b/c he can get the job done.

Glad for the big win. It always feels good to walk away from Gull Stadium with a W and listen to the good seegull folk ranting and raving about CHANGE that probably will never come. It is sad b/c they have a lot of talent out there and some size.

you wont see gooch pouting during basketball season :flower: he will be too busy dunking on your head and lighting up the scoreboard!!!!!!!

and yeah, barnes is the man. he had 7 carries for 78 yards. 1 of the carries was for 69 yards. so he had one big carry then 6 carries for 9 yards. Yeah he was the man alright. you start of with 1 carry for 69 yards and end with 7 carries for 78. now thats what i call domination. lol.

you wont see gooch pouting during basketball season :roll: he will be too busy dunking on your head and lighting up the scoreboard!!!!!!!

and yeah, barnes is the man. he had 7 carries for 78 yards. 1 of the carries was for 69 yards. so he had one big carry then 6 carries for 9 yards. Yeah he was the man alright. you start of with 1 carry for 69 yards and end with 7 carries for 78. now thats what i call domination. lol.

And just how much did the entire Siegel team combined rush for? dry.gif:flower:

Y'all got your new HC picked out yet?

you wont see gooch pouting during basketball season :thumb: he will be too busy dunking on your head and lighting up the scoreboard!!!!!!!

And just how much did the entire Siegel team combined rush for? dry.gif:roflolk:

Y'all got your new HC picked out yet?

LOD now thats funny! :thumb:

you wont see gooch pouting during basketball season :popcorneater: he will be too busy dunking on your head and lighting up the scoreboard!!!!!!!

lol, so it has come to this, having to use basketball as a comeback during football season? come on man, your better than that. You cant deny that Siegel tends to regard their best players as gods instead of just like anyone else, which is what should be done. Gooch can enjoy an early start to bball this year while Oakland is still playing FOOTBALL...............

That 1 carry was all Oakland needed. You know what I call domination, 20-0, while only giving up 89 yards of total offense. :ph34r: