Oakland v. Siegel

In rival games anything can happen. I have seen us lose games that we should have won, and win games that no one gave us a prayer to win. You can usually throw out the records. I think too that the early "hatred" for Siegel was bred by players still at Oakland still being friends with players who left . That intensity drove them to prove who was best. We lost 17 players to Siegel that first yr and it made our ranks pretty thin. So I think the aggravation of many things showed on the coach's faces and that carries over to the kids. With our new staff being friendly with several of the Ex warriors on the Gull staff, I doubt they have motivated our players the same way that they do when we play Riverdale now. :flower:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really disheartening to see this thread on the 2nd page of the forum. In times past, this one would have had 30 pages on it by now. I guess there is more intensity during basketball season between us these days. Of course the kids are gone now that had to do all the suffering when Seegull opened. Kind of sad to see such disinterest on here from Oakland fans too. After all, we are the defending state champs and we should have some proud and puffed up kids on here promoting their friends. Cmon Oakland, let's not let the Blackman threads pass us!

Anyone have any stats from seegull this year? I would like to see Witt's passing stats and Howse's running stats. How big is their line?

Is Alsup still coaching or did he retire this last yr with that incentive package?

2p i think i just single handedly put the blackman thread up... i kinda went off on everyone callin us cheaters... gotta stand up for my school... and i agree the post in general seem to be down this year

In rival games anything can happen. I have seen us lose games that we should have won, and win games that no one gave us a prayer to win. You can usually throw out the records. I think too that the early "hatred" for Siegel was bred by players still at Oakland still being friends with players who left . That intensity drove them to prove who was best. We lost 17 players to Siegel that first yr and it made our ranks pretty thin. So I think the aggravation of many things showed on the coach's faces and that carries over to the kids. With our new staff being friendly with several of the Ex warriors on the Gull staff, I doubt they have motivated our players the same way that they do when we play Riverdale now. :bored:

I dont think that coaches really have to motivate the players for this game. Yeah, they may treat like any other game, but if our kids have to motivated to play a rival like Siegel, then I would pretty worried come friday night.

I think Oakland will win this one pretty easily. From what I have heard around town Siegel has got some major chemistry problems within that locker room. Siegel has the talent to hang, but I just dont know if they have jelled enough to hang in against a big time opponent.

OHS 21

Siegel 7