MILLINGTON TROJANS LEARN AN MOVE ON

dou

See AP poll in todays comm appeal....Collierville, Brighton, Whitestation, and Whitehaven all received more votes than Millington. I know polls are educated guesses, but usually at least half the teams ranked in them are still there at end of season. I cannot state strongly enough, we need to win and win big this Friday. We need to make a statement... A poor win or squeking by Friday will only help us as far as a "W" which is always good but I would like to see domination which will instill a lot of confidence back into Millington!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See AP poll in todays comm appeal....Collierville, Brighton, Whitestation, and Whitehaven all received more votes than Millington. I know polls are educated guesses, but usually at least half the teams ranked in them are still there at end of season. I cannot state strongly enough, we need to win and win big this Friday. We need to make a statement... A poor win or squeking by Friday will only help us as far as a "W" which is always good but I would like to see domination which will instill a lot of confidence back into Millington!!!!

The Trojans need a win in the worst way but the game is on the road and Bartlett is improved this year. The Trojans are in need of "any success" that did not exist in the first 2 games so i would disagree with needing to dominate. This team is not capable of dominating like the last 2 seasons and need not worry about polls or domination, they need success any success, baby steps, anything to help regain confidence. These player have only lost a couple games their entire career at Millington and they really don't know how to react or respond to losing. This group has never had the pressure directly on them to respond because they have always played behind or with great senior players and leaders. It is time to find out what kind players and leaders we have in this Group of Millington Trojans.

I saw Bartlett in the jamboree and even though it is only 15 minutes they did not look good....also we scrimmaged Brighton earlier in the year and beat them fairley easily. Cam, you kinda make my point in that this group has only lost a couple of games in their whole high school career. True, they did play behind and with some great Sr.s who they should have learned to win from. Remember, we only had about 3 true starters return last year and were 11-1. This year we have anywhere from 12-14 of those guys who are now those Sr.s. (I'm not suggesting it is the kids fault)My biggest struggle is that we did not play like a team with that many SRs who has that much experience. That is part of the reason I feel that we should dominate this Friday! Maybe I'm missing something?

After talking to several of our players over the last couple day's there is no doubt in their minds what they need to do this week. They know that there needs to be improvement in all areas. There has been no fingure pointing as far as defense and offense. They are not looking forward to anybody but Bartlett and will deal each Friday as they come. Everybody knows that there is a big difference between freshmen and varsity football but this group of seniors were under alot of pressure back then when they went undefeated at alot younger age. I have no doubt they can handle the pressure. The TROJANS should make the rest of the year very interesting for the pollsters.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

After reading all the opinions this morning from the pundits made on this thread from the past week I would have to say GO TROJANS!. It is good to know that the Trojan boys have something that the pundits (some, not all pundits) don't have and that is belief in themselves and their leadership ability. Millington had fumbles yes and the defense needs to work on the pass protection but they first had to beat the officials before they could beat the Panthers. The O and D stepped up for this game. I believe it was either Trader B or Cam6 said to forget pride you need to concentrate on improving and developing: I would say that any team without pride will never improve or development as that pride is the catalyst that drives the spirit of kid to want to improve or develop more each week. Last night at the viewing of the MUS and SP game the common point was that SP was faster, bigger and stronger than MUS. MUS won in the end because SP was out coached.

Let me tell you what i was impressed with and as i stated many times Millington needed to pass the ball more and what do ya know they did and looked very comfortable doing it. The bootleg pretty much has worked very time. The 1st play of the game was the bootleg and was missed by the reciever which could have been a TD.. Every bootleg after was caught. Number 36 looked very good running the ball. He is a 10th grader i heard. Millington will be fine in district play. I dont think they will lose any of the remaining games. Now when playoffs come around that maybe different. After playing against OB and MUS things should be alot more down hill...