BRENTWOOD VS. INDY ( LET THE PREDICATIONS BEGIN )

sarahpalin

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see how all this transpired on some type of film. Because I was hearing that INDY was running right through Brentwood. And then this.... WOW!

i wouldnt say they were running thru them - tough loss for INDY, was a good offensive game plan put in place and kudos to Heckman. I thought BHS was gonna win this but score was closer then i thought.

tell me , is BHS overrated or did INDY play a great game...

as expected INDY again gave up too much on the ground with coffee going for 180 yds and of course the 94 yd TD romp

lookin to how INDY will rebound from this loss, i hope they keep thier heads up b/c i do think they may sneak into a playoff spot

I would love to see how all this transpired on some type of film. Because I was hearing that INDY was running right through Brentwood. And then this.... WOW!

i wouldnt say they were running thru them - tough loss for INDY, was a good offensive game plan put in place and kudos to Heckman. I thought BHS was gonna win this but score was closer then i thought.

tell me , is BHS overrated or did INDY play a great game...

as expected INDY again gave up too much on the ground with coffee going for 180 yds and of course the 94 yd TD romp

lookin to how INDY will rebound from this loss, i hope they keep thier heads up b/c i do think they may sneak into a playoff spot

From watching the game when they played it on tv late last night, it looks like they weren't ready for Indy at all in the first half.

This was a great high school football game. Lots of swings in momentum making for a great fan experience. Indy hurt themselves with penalties that either stopped drives, or cost them possession of the ball. The 4th quarter was the killer. Indy, punting from their own end zone recovered a muffed punt on the Brentwood side of the 50. Play was called back because someone one the o-line moved. Next punt gets returned for a touchdown. Indy 14- 7. On the next series if Indy scores it may have put the game away. I am admittedly going to sound like a homer here. The indy Nation endured a couple questionable calls by the refs during the game. On this crucial series, Indy has moved the ball into Brentwood territory looking in control. Heckman runs right for a short gain, and gets stacked up by a host of Bruin defenders. Whistles are blowing, refs are running to the pile, and one Bruin defender uses Heckman's head to twist him back peeling Heckman's helmet off. This clearly happened after the whistle, but no call was made. Side judge was in clear view. 15 yd penalty would have put Indy deep in Bruin territory. For the Indy Nation, an unfortunate no call, after enduring many yellow flags our way.

Indy still lost this game with missed tackles. It looked like the defense wore out in the 4th quarter.

It's a shame the Tennessean gave this game no coverage in this morning's paper.

INDY has to get props for a late fourth quarter drive to score. All game INDY was finding ways to drive and drive, but no luck with the passing game. When Bwood tied it up, INDY passed all the way down the filed to take it in. IHS's "D" definitely got tired in the 4th and was unable to come up with any tackles on Coffee. Best game I've seen this year.

Final:

Brentwood- 24

IHS-21

is BHS overrated or did INDY play a great game...

Neither, Indy has given each team they have played this season a run for their money and Brentwood is a great team.

Anyone who was the game you have to say something was up about those refs. When the score was 14-0 ( i think) and indy was about to punt from their own ten yard line, a second after they snapped the ball the ref threw the flag the call it was a holding call and the brentwood returner mistakenly touched the ball and indy recovered it, but because of the 'holding' indy had to kick it again. Oh and would you look at that, the second kick return after that went for a touchdown.

Or how about when the Indy kicker landon foster kicked a monster punt in the 3rd quarter and one of the indy players laid a monster hit on the returner as soon as he touched it, oh but the refs wanted to make another $100 to call a lame interfering with the return call, Indy got backed up but Foster still kicked it to the 25 yard line.

But none the less, Jeremy Coffee is a beast, and Indy is a team to be wreckend with, Heckman feels a little bit comfortable in the pocket (just needs to learn to throw it away sometimes) and i wouldnt be surprised if these two teams were the two playoff qualifires in District 11.

With Coffee coming from Heritage Middle (feeder school to Independence) why did he have to go to Brentwood? :thumb:

" The indy Nation endured a couple questionable calls by the refs". dry.gif .that is an understatement..... Coffee was a freshman at Indy 2006..then went to BHS. ??

What does that have to do with the refs making bad calls?

I can guarantee if there was something going on between the refs and one of the teams that it wasn't because of that kid.

Wow your dumb, he was just stating that coffee was a freshman at Indy then went to Brentwood next year. Didnt you notice how it was in a different sentence?

Lot of Indy guys were getting banged up in the game too, Jerome had a knee problem after Indy got the 2nd td in the half half (dont think he played for the rest of the game?), mid way through the thrid, Brett Meeker had a cramp and was out for a drive, and Ty Stannard had the same problem in the fourth.

Oh yea and about the Tennessean not giving coverage its because they suck.

Everything I've heard about this game leads me to believe that this was a great team effort by the Eagles spoiled by some blatant "home cooking" in Brentwood.

Since both Tennessean "experts" had already given this game to Brentwood, we are denied any coverage/facts/stats/etc.. that would shed some light on who did what when. Sad state of affairs if you ask me when two rival wilco teams play such a game and aren't even considered worthy of a line in the newspaper.

Previous post was correct in it's description of Tennesean sports coverage, or lack thereof.

Hold your head up and keep playing hard boys and maybe by the end of the season someone will notice. Sort of like the time y'all went to sate. As I recall there wasn't much coverage of Eagles football early in that season either.