BGA at Baylor

sportshooter

BGA has beaten Baylor the last two years pulling out victories in the last seconds. Baylor seems to be improved and will be playing at home. BGA lost a heartbreaker to Franklin and soundly defeated Marshall County. Star running back/linebacker Michael Moore is back contributing after missing the Franklin game.

Predictions?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right in saying that Baylor has lost 2 heartbreakers to BGA in back to back years. My prediction is only based on how Baylor has performed so far this year. Without having seen BGA or their opponents I really don't know anything about them....except it is always a fight when we play BGA. As for Baylor they have looked very strong to date in blanking FRA 40-0 and beating Tyner 41-6 last night. Last night's win was without last years leading rusher in D2 Sam Williams. Nelson filled in extremely well for him though and hopefully Sam will be back soon. I expect another good Baylor vs BGA game. My prediction is Baylor 28 BGA 17. Travel safe to the game.

I follow Red Bank (we won a tough one against Boyd last night) and have not seen Baylor yet. But I have really been impressed with what they have done in two games so far. I think Baylor is going to surprise a few people this year. I also heard that Sam Williams has been injured since some time in the first game. But still had over 100 yards in 6 carries. Wow. I know they will need him back though.

Baylor 21 BGA 7.

Sportshooter....what is your prediction? I believe this will be another typical Baylor/BGA game and could go to the end again. I am just hoping for a different ending this time....heartbreakers the last few years. You mentioned you have your star running back playing again. That is good news for sure. Not sure if anyone knows of an update on Sam Williams yet. He left sometime in the first game and is sidelined with an injury. Looking forward to a good game. Baylor 24 BGA 21.

Baylor rolled over FRA and Tyner (I would expect any of the DIIAA teams to have an easy time with FRA but how good is Tyner?). BGA opened with the team that was the state runner up in 6-A. BGA led 10-0 at half and really should have won the game. Marshall County is a 4A team and made the playoffs last year going 8-3. BGA could have won by more than 29-3 but only passed one time in the second half. I guess my point is both teams have looked good in their first two games.

Is the QB at Baylor the UTC coach's son? How has he looked? The sophomore QB who started for Baylor last year was at BGA for the Football University camp. The report was he has strong fundamentals and just lacks size. I guess he was beaten out for the starting job by the new kid.

BGA starts a sophomore at QB and he has shown a lot of poise. He is 6'3" and 190 lbs so has good size and runs with power. BGA is young at other positions as well and starts 5 freshmen and sophs on defense and 4 on offense including the QB. The team fields only 10 seniors and 10 juniors. BGA is smaller than the other schools in DIIAA and elects to play up so does not have the depth of the larger schools like Baylor. BGA will be very good in two years but I just don't know if they have the stamina to play with Baylor for four quarters.

Looking forward to seeing the Baylor campus...I hear it is beautiful.

Baylor rolled over FRA and Tyner (I would expect any of the DIIAA teams to have an easy time with FRA but how good is Tyner?). BGA opened with the team that was the state runner up in 6-A. BGA led 10-0 at half and really should have won the game. Marshall County is a 4A team and made the playoffs last year going 8-3. BGA could have won by more than 29-3 but only passed one time in the second half. I guess my point is both teams have looked good in their first two games.

Is the QB at Baylor the UTC coach's son? How has he looked? The sophomore QB who started for Baylor last year was at BGA for the Football University camp. The report was he has strong fundamentals and just lacks size. I guess he was beaten out for the starting job by the new kid.

BGA starts a sophomore at QB and he has shown a lot of poise. He is 6'3" and 190 lbs so has good size and runs with power. BGA is young at other positions as well and starts 5 freshmen and sophs on defense and 4 on offense including the QB. The team fields only 10 seniors and 10 juniors. BGA is smaller than the other schools in DIIAA and elects to play up so does not have the depth of the larger schools like Baylor. BGA will be very good in two years but I just don't know if they have the stamina to play with Baylor for four quarters.

Im still holding out judgement on the FHS game because I dont think that was a "classic" Franklin team, but regardless...

I don't think anyone outside of the BGA locker room gave them much of a chance against Baylor the past few years so it should always be a good game. I think if Williams is healthy Baylor has a noticeable edge. Though the biggest factor iin this game is Baylor's line. BGA stopped the FHS duo in part because of a solid scheme, but also Franklin's offensive line was considerably smaller than the DII norm. If Baylor is as good as the first two games indicate, I can see Baylor winning by at least 14. But BGA could easily pull this out. Good luck guys.

Oh, and Baylor's place is the BEST in the state. No questions. Hands down.

Baylor (without Williams) ???

BGA ???

toss up, as close as the past two years

Baylor (with Williams) 28

BGA 17

I try to keep up with the other D2 teams and did read that Baylor's QB is UTC's son. Their QB from last year was just a freshman then. The coaches son sounds like he is off to a great start. I also have to agree that Baylor's campus and field is hands down the prettiest around. With the mountains and rivers it is an incredible site. I know I am partial but MBA is next.

Im still holding out judgement on the FHS game because I dont think that was a "classic" Franklin team, but regardless...

I don't think anyone outside of the BGA locker room gave them much of a chance against Baylor the past few years so it should always be a good game. I think if Williams is healthy Baylor has a noticeable edge. Though the biggest factor iin this game is Baylor's line. BGA stopped the FHS duo in part because of a solid scheme, but also Franklin's offensive line was considerably smaller than the DII norm. If Baylor is as good as the first two games indicate, I can see Baylor winning by at least 14. But BGA could easily pull this out. Good luck guys.

BGA ???

BGA 17

I try to keep up with the other D2 teams and did read that Baylor's QB is UTC's son. Their QB from last year was just a freshman then. The coaches son sounds like he is off to a great start. I also have to agree that Baylor's campus and field is hands down the prettiest around. With the mountains and rivers it is an incredible site. I know I am partial but MBA is next.

BGA ???

BGA 17