BGA at Baylor

sportshooter

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time poster here. Long time reader though. This game will tell alot about these two teams and I am really looking forward to it. I was at the BGA/Baylor game two years ago and what an exciting game it was. I really hope that BGA travels well to this game. We need to get behind our team and if anyone has not seen the Baylor campus you really need to. It is amazing. Sounds like Baylor has started out strong but I have faith in our guys. Look for another barn burner with BGA on top. BGA 24 Baylor 21.

Baylor rolled over FRA and Tyner (I would expect any of the DIIAA teams to have an easy time with FRA but how good is Tyner?). BGA opened with the team that was the state runner up in 6-A. BGA led 10-0 at half and really should have won the game. Marshall County is a 4A team and made the playoffs last year going 8-3. BGA could have won by more than 29-3 but only passed one time in the second half. I guess my point is both teams have looked good in their first two games.

Is the QB at Baylor the UTC coach's son? How has he looked? The sophomore QB who started for Baylor last year was at BGA for the Football University camp. The report was he has strong fundamentals and just lacks size. I guess he was beaten out for the starting job by the new kid.

BGA starts a sophomore at QB and he has shown a lot of poise. He is 6'3" and 190 lbs so has good size and runs with power. BGA is young at other positions as well and starts 5 freshmen and sophs on defense and 4 on offense including the QB. The team fields only 10 seniors and 10 juniors. BGA is smaller than the other schools in DIIAA and elects to play up so does not have the depth of the larger schools like Baylor. BGA will be very good in two years but I just don't know if they have the stamina to play with Baylor for four quarters.

Looking forward to seeing the Baylor campus...I hear it is beautiful.

Im still holding out judgement on the FHS game because I dont think that was a "classic" Franklin team, but regardless...

I don't think anyone outside of the BGA locker room gave them much of a chance against Baylor the past few years so it should always be a good game. I think if Williams is healthy Baylor has a noticeable edge. Though the biggest factor iin this game is Baylor's line. BGA stopped the FHS duo in part because of a solid scheme, but also Franklin's offensive line was considerably smaller than the DII norm. If Baylor is as good as the first two games indicate, I can see Baylor winning by at least 14. But BGA could easily pull this out. Good luck guys.

Oh, and Baylor's place is the BEST in the state. No questions. Hands down.

Baylor (without Williams) ???

BGA ???

toss up, as close as the past two years

Baylor (with Williams) 28

BGA 17

AP. if im not mistaken your are former BGA player you sure do down your team alot if the Franklin team wasnt such a "classic" franklin team why did they run the ball over 40 times...... i mean last years BGA team would have lost also because of the Ramsey kid choking in every game that had to deal with a team ranked top 10 in the state.... but back on topic it will be a classic baylor vs. bga game like the last 2 years its going down to the wire and may the best team wins

AP. if im not mistaken your are former BGA player you sure do down your team alot if the Franklin team wasnt such a "classic" franklin team why did they run the ball over 40 times...... i mean last years BGA team would have lost also because of the Ramsey kid choking in every game that had to deal with a team ranked top 10 in the state.... but back on topic it will be a classic baylor vs. bga game like the last 2 years its going down to the wire and may the best team wins

Oh lordy that was cute. The only time I've ever been down on any aspect of BGA was when they fired Coach Moore and when they made it to where you could only wear white undershirts. In terms of this edition of FHS not being a "classic" Rebel team, I was not reffering to their scheme. I was talking about them not being as good as they have been. I'm not the only person who thinks that so before you go off and say "oh you never played against them and yall would've gotten killed blah blah you're short, etc etc" just know every recent FHS and BGA grad at the game thought the same thing. It was a good game against two very young teams with massive potential, but neither was as good as they had been recently.

And seeing as you think Jamal "choked" in every big game, I guess I can make some assumptions here about where you are coming from. You probably play this year for the team. You are now starting and think you are big and bad (though after losing 7 starters on offense and 5 on defense, young guys will obviously start the next year so don't get so high on yourself). But not including the Tyner start in 07, Jamal went 15-4 as a starter in two years. Now in those four loses, the defense lost the Ryan and MUS games. And for as off as Jamal was against BA and EHS, that was as much his fault as it was the rest of the team's fault. Also, I think it would be fair to counter that he came up big in the second half against Webb and played great two years in a row against Baylor and Briarcrest. Lets also throw out that he was probably the only starting QB to have to go both ways in our region. So seeing as NO ONE has ever mentioned the previous two QBs (2-13 and 0-15) prior to Jamal, and I can assume you either 1)Listen to Josh Copeland too much 2)Are not very smart. I mean he is playing DI football 3)Are kind of a racist prick.

I'm still very good friends with a few guys on the team and I will always love every coach I was blessed enough to play for (and in debt to, seeing as as small, slow, weak, and injury prone as I was, I would have never gotten to start had they not believed in me and given me a chance to), and no matter where I move to or how old I get, I will always cheer for BGA like I have my whole life. But it is a shame that a few players on the team now feel the need to rip the classes above them to make themselves feel good. I do not think that BGA will be dominant until this freshman class is in their Senior year, at which point, no one will remember last years team or the 01-03 teams, because this class will be phenomenal, will win State that year, and will usher in a realllllly excellent era of BGA football. And duuuuude, don't try to cover up a flame post by mentioning that it will be a good game. Man up if you are gonna talk trash. And don't bother reproducing if you are ignorant enough to try and rip on the player most responsible for turning the program around.

Ugh...I think Baylor wins based on size and experience, but BGA can beat this team 49 out of 100 times...so it definitely would not surprise me if they win.

(kind of a long, prolly over the top, post but i actually learned alot from playing at bga, and the most important thing was loyalty. hopefully you dont graduate without growing up a little and learning that as well)

good luck guys :roflolk: xoxo

Oh lordy that was cute. The only time I've ever been down on any aspect of BGA was when they fired Coach Moore and when they made it to where you could only wear white undershirts. In terms of this edition of FHS not being a "classic" Rebel team, I was not reffering to their scheme. I was talking about them not being as good as they have been. I'm not the only person who thinks that so before you go off and say "oh you never played against them and yall would've gotten killed blah blah you're short, etc etc" just know every recent FHS and BGA grad at the game thought the same thing. It was a good game against two very young teams with massive potential, but neither was as good as they had been recently.

And seeing as you think Jamal "choked" in every big game, I guess I can make some assumptions here about where you are coming from. You probably play this year for the team. You are now starting and think you are big and bad (though after losing 7 starters on offense and 5 on defense, young guys will obviously start the next year so don't get so high on yourself). But not including the Tyner start in 07, Jamal went 15-4 as a starter in two years. Now in those four loses, the defense lost the Ryan and MUS games. And for as off as Jamal was against BA and EHS, that was as much his fault as it was the rest of the team's fault. Also, I think it would be fair to counter that he came up big in the second half against Webb and played great two years in a row against Baylor and Briarcrest. Lets also throw out that he was probably the only starting QB to have to go both ways in our region. So seeing as NO ONE has ever mentioned the previous two QBs (2-13 and 0-15) prior to Jamal, and I can assume you either 1)Listen to Josh Copeland too much 2)Are not very smart. I mean he is playing DI football 3)Are kind of a racist prick.

I'm still very good friends with a few guys on the team and I will always love every coach I was blessed enough to play for (and in debt to, seeing as as small, slow, weak, and injury prone as I was, I would have never gotten to start had they not believed in me and given me a chance to), and no matter where I move to or how old I get, I will always cheer for BGA like I have my whole life. But it is a shame that a few players on the team now feel the need to rip the classes above them to make themselves feel good. I do not think that BGA will be dominant until this freshman class is in their Senior year, at which point, no one will remember last years team or the 01-03 teams, because this class will be phenomenal, will win State that year, and will usher in a realllllly excellent era of BGA football. And duuuuude, don't try to cover up a flame post by mentioning that it will be a good game. Man up if you are gonna talk trash. And don't bother reproducing if you are ignorant enough to try and rip on the player most responsible for turning the program around.

Ugh...I think Baylor wins based on size and experience, but BGA can beat this team 49 out of 100 times...so it definitely would not surprise me if they win.

(kind of a long, prolly over the top, post but i actually learned alot from playing at bga, and the most important thing was loyalty. hopefully you dont graduate without growing up a little and learning that as well)

good luck guys :roflolk: xoxo

AP, I don't think last year's team would have been able to play with Franklin. I base that on BGA's performance vs. BA, Ensworth, and MUS which, IMO, were in the same league with Franklin. The 08 wildcats got the most from their talent and put BGA football back on track so accomplished a lot. As for Ramsey, he was a great talent but did not have the leadership ability you would want in your QB.

AP, I don't think last year's team would have been able to play with Franklin. I base that on BGA's performance vs. BA, Ensworth, and MUS which, IMO, were in the same league with Franklin. The 08 wildcats got the most from their talent and put BGA football back on track so accomplished a lot. As for Ramsey, he was a great talent but did not have the leadership ability you would want in your QB.

Eh, I don't fault you on thinking that. I mean, I think we just didn't match up well with BA. I do think we were better than EHS though. And I'll go ahead and say that we had our shot against MUS but they were the most talented and disciplined team we played all year so, I won't just negate any legitimacy in my statements by being proud and saying we were better than them.

But in terms of leadership, based on performance and just presence, he was the best leader we had along with Reeves and Wade. He made everyone on that team better by simply being there (we all had to step up our game to match his). He worked as hard as anyone on the team and didn't just rest on his laurels, he made himself better, be it in the weight room or watching film.

Regardless, I don't mind that you think that (Go America and democracy!) because at least you don't phrase your opinion like some little petty brat :roflolk:

Nooganader, hope your final score prediction is right! Not sure about the rest of what you said though. Sounds like you are a McCallie person? Go BGA!

I believe that Baylor has some great talent. My problem with Baylor they don't seem to believe they can win. Thats the reason they lose the close one and are a front runner. When they get behind they get down.

BGA 28

Baylor 21

The 4th quarter is the difference!

Nooganader, hope your final score prediction is right! Not sure about the rest of what you said though. Sounds like you are a McCallie person? Go BGA!

I believe that Baylor has some great talent. My problem with Baylor they don't seem to believe they can win. Thats the reason they lose the close one and are a front runner. When they get behind they get down.

BGA 28

Baylor 21

The 4th quarter is the difference!

How could you tell! I can not wait to make it 12 in a row over Baylor! Go Big Blue Naders!